Thu 21 Dec, 2017 5:55 am
Tacky wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:51 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:55 pm
Tacky wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:51 am

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... qa-part-i/

He doesn't give a specific amount but, he says it's significant.
Is this a vid, or text?
Damn website is crap,,,,i see only a title and intro on both android and PC
It's part 1 of the Q&A video from September. The website works perfect for me so, you might want to try a different web browser. If you're using Chrome try firefox.
It takes me.to the page but theres no vid link....ive tried several browsers and the new app....this vid doesnt appear on my phone or pc at home ...where other vids (members commitee, Tim Grant do work)
Got.me buggered
Is it possible to embed it here?
It's the one i posted on FB..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 9:12 am

Ok thnx

I thought tacky posted part 1

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 10:30 am

gallagher wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:28 pm
Dan Blanco wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:23 pm
gallagher wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:19 pm
Earl wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:39 pm

It has been approved. Not $55 million but at least we've been given some money.
Or has it?
http://www.venuesnsw.com/media-release/ ... -announced
This release from the govt doesn't sound like its over the line.
I'd suggest our bid was more complicated and needed time to refine. There's plenty more factors involved in our bid rather than just building an elite footy ground to train on and some netball hoops out back. West Harbour share the ground and facilities too. Everyone needs to settle down.
Settle down? I don't think anyone is out if control. I just want to know if it's been approved or not.
The release from the govt suggests that it hasn't.
Going off the link above we haven't been granted any money at this stage, we obviously need to finalise more factors before they give us the cash.

But interestingly it sounds like we'll potentially be getting more than the $5.5 million as it stated this grant was for stage 1 of the COE, indicating that more funding could be available for Stage 2, once those details are finalised. But we need to get Stage 1 sorted before talking funding for stage 2.

So we may well end up with $10 million odd in the end in anycase

cochise

Post by cochise » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 11:13 am

Earl wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:39 pm
cochise wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:37 pm
I'd be interested in knowing why out funding hasn't been approved? Does anyone know anything?
It has been approved. Not $55 million but at least we've been given some money.
No it hasn't been approved, 5 clubs had their funding approved, Manly and the Wests Tigers have had their funds reserved pending further development of their proposal.

cochise

Post by cochise » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 11:20 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 21 Dec, 2017 10:30 am
gallagher wrote:
Dan Blanco wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:19 pm

Or has it?
http://www.venuesnsw.com/media-release/ ... -announced
This release from the govt doesn't sound like its over the line.
I'd suggest our bid was more complicated and needed time to refine. There's plenty more factors involved in our bid rather than just building an elite footy ground to train on and some netball hoops out back. West Harbour share the ground and facilities too. Everyone needs to settle down.
Settle down? I don't think anyone is out if control. I just want to know if it's been approved or not.
Going off the link above we haven't been granted any money at this stage, we obviously need to finalise more factors before they give us the cash.

But interestingly it sounds like we'll potentially be getting more than the $5.5 million as it stated this grant was for stage 1 of the COE, indicating that more funding could be available for Stage 2, once those details are finalised. But we need to get Stage 1 sorted before talking funding for stage 2.

We 100% have not been granted any funding yet, they have put aside $5.5m in funding while the club fixes problems with their submission, I'd be interested to know what is that put the hold on the approval, is it that we don't have the other funds? is it that we down have the approval to build on the site? Did we get the costings wrong? etc.

Lidcombe Magpie

Post by Lidcombe Magpie » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 11:52 am

cochise wrote:
Thu 21 Dec, 2017 11:20 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 21 Dec, 2017 10:30 am
gallagher wrote:
Dan Blanco wrote:

We 100% have not been granted any funding yet, they have put aside $5.5m in funding while the club fixes problems with their submission, I'd be interested to know what is that put the hold on the approval, is it that we don't have the other funds? is it that we down have the approval to build on the site? Did we get the costings wrong? etc.
Having previously worked on large projects like this it could be a myriad go issues with the submission. I would suggest that it is either legal issues to be sorted, finalised statements of work or incomplete tenders for building work and the big one of course approved budgets and financing.

These items can take a long time to complete so don't hold your breath for the final sign off but if there is budget allocation in the govt budget that is a massive step forward.

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 10:21 pm

Government can go screw itself if the club doesn't get funding

willow

Post by willow » Fri 22 Dec, 2017 2:58 am

Onthebus wrote:
Thu 21 Dec, 2017 10:21 pm
Very constructive...

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Fri 22 Dec, 2017 8:28 am

willow wrote:
Fri 22 Dec, 2017 2:58 am
Onthebus wrote:
Very constructive...
The club is doing something community based, getting the youth involved with a environment everyone will enjoy

If that's not enough motivation for the government to get involved

Screw them

Dan Blanco

Post by Dan Blanco » Fri 29 Dec, 2017 4:50 am

willow wrote:
Onthebus wrote:
Very constructive...
Season’s Greetings people. New page looks good 8-)

There's an article from 2016 that explicitly states that we have our own capital ($+10m) and that we have secured financial commitments to the tune of $30m. A modest chunk would be from PCYC & Canada Bay's purse as well as from other private & public-sector investors. I'd say a lot of the conjecture comes from the fact that our initial proposal was based on a budget of $27m (2016) and then @ $57m as of March 2017. The reason being - our plan evolved from the idea of an elite training facility for the Wests Tigers, to a community based center with multi-sports facilities which is fully endorsed by Wests Tigers, West Harbor Pirates & Inter Lions. Canada Bay Council & PCYC no doubt bolster our bid - and will help when it comes to planning approvals, and rolling out some of the community based programs @ the Center.

Given the fact that the NSW government said they'd match whatever capital we had last year ($10m) and then pledged $5.5m this year, don't be surprised if we're actually looking for them to meet us halfway somewhere - and that the powers that be are actually considering it due to the fact that A) we've recently forged crucial strategic partnerships within the electorate, guaranteeing us the support we need, and B) because the State would look bad for backtracking on their own pledge to match clubs dollar 4 dollar while killing off a lot of the community based initiatives planed for the area. Fingers crossed things work out for everyone.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 29 Dec, 2017 9:45 am

Dan Blanco wrote:
Fri 29 Dec, 2017 4:50 am
willow wrote:
Onthebus wrote:
Very constructive...
Season’s Greetings people. New page looks good 8-)

There's an article from 2016 that explicitly states that we have our own capital ($+10m) and that we have secured financial commitments to the tune of $30m. A modest chunk would be from PCYC & Canada Bay's purse as well as from other private & public-sector investors. I'd say a lot of the conjecture comes from the fact that our initial proposal was based on a budget of $27m (2016) and then @ $57m as of March 2017. The reason being - our plan evolved from the idea of an elite training facility for the Wests Tigers, to a community based center with multi-sports facilities which is fully endorsed by Wests Tigers, West Harbor Pirates & Inter Lions. Canada Bay Council & PCYC no doubt bolster our bid - and will help when it comes to planning approvals, and rolling out some of the community based programs @ the Center.

Given the fact that the NSW government said they'd match whatever capital we had last year ($10m) and then pledged $5.5m this year, don't be surprised if we're actually looking for them to meet us halfway somewhere - and that the powers that be are actually considering it due to the fact that A) we've recently forged crucial strategic partnerships within the electorate, guaranteeing us the support we need, and B) because the State would look bad for backtracking on their own pledge to match clubs dollar 4 dollar while killing off a lot of the community based initiatives planed for the area. Fingers crossed things work out for everyone.
There certainly seems to be some smart operators at the club ATM. Involving the organisation that needs to approve any development ..Genius! Never really grasped the big push within the community to engage with large numbers of organisations , but seeing the involvement pan out the club is certainly gaining grass root support which in turn will bring more suppprters to our club and brand moving forward .. interesting times ahead as I have always thought that this development is a game changer for the organisation hope it all starts happening soon.