Wests Tigers Discussion
Russell

Re: Funding for Centre of Excellence

Post by Russell » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 8:32 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:52 am
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:44 am
Our club will always be on a hiding to nothing as we are not influential enough. We don't have the sway nor do we have the political know how to influence the decision makers.
The above is not the issue this time.

The issue is clubs like us and manly proposed the wrong model. We thought too big and need too much money. the government appears to be accepting simpler models that need less money.

Does anyone have an idea how this would go through without gov funding ?
Too much money?????

We asked for 25% which was $10 million, matched by us and we had commitment from other organisations for the other $37 million.

We were not asking for anymore than the others that were granted the 10 million.

We can still build a COE - it will just be 10 million less (I suggest cutting some of the facilities that we were going to build for other sports).

Rorters get 10 million????? Oh! yes it is a level playing field.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 9:48 am

Russell wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 8:32 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Our club will always be on a hiding to nothing as we are not influential enough. We don't have the sway nor do we have the political know how to influence the decision makers.

The issue is clubs like us and manly proposed the wrong model. We thought too big and need too much money. the government appears to be accepting simpler models that need less money.

Too much money?????

We asked for 25% which was $10 million, matched by us and we had commitment from other organisations for the other $37 million.

We were not asking for anymore than the others that were granted the 10 million.

We can still build a COE - it will just be 10 million less (I suggest cutting some of the facilities that we were going to build for other sports).

How do Roosters get $10M if there is a pool of $40M divided by 5 clubs? Are they all differing amounts?
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 9:49 am

Russell wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

Too much money?????

It was reported that there was question marks over our proposal. Maybe the $37 mill isnt there? I guess the other clubs have the money from their side sorted out.
I would bet the problem is on our side rather than some conspiracy.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 1:43 pm

This day and age 40 million is chicken feed especially if truth be told it is a multi
Purpose facility .. banks will
Loan a pensioner a million bucks today !
It is all talk IMO they would have no problem raising that type of money
Fake News

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 1:56 pm

Russell wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

Too much money?????

Yes but the total expenditure for our proposal is 57 Mil there more risk for their funding.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 3:27 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 9:48 am
Russell wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

Too much money?????

How do Roosters get $10M if there is a pool of $40M divided by 5 clubs? Are they all differing amounts?
Ok cq - still thinking of original - 40 million divided by 5 = 8 million each.

Rorters get 8 million but we will still get nothing.

So what I read originally ages ago was correct - Tigers and Manly were at the bottom of the list.

Naturally!!!

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:28 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 14 Dec, 2017 10:10 pm
Ivan Cleary just continues to impress. Two things - COE or not, the weights still weigh the same; and, if it doesn’t get up we still keep moving forward. He has a great mindset and at the risk of sounding like a broken record- he is just what we need!
Yeah I loved that line
“ the weights still weigh the same”

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:41 pm

tigerap wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:28 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 14 Dec, 2017 10:10 pm
Ivan Cleary just continues to impress. Two things - COE or not, the weights still weigh the same; and, if it doesn’t get up we still keep moving forward. He has a great mindset and at the risk of sounding like a broken record- he is just what we need!
Yeah I loved that line
“ the weights still weigh the same”
I watched that. It's a really good point.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:41 pm

I remember Jason Taylor making the same comment when questioned about WT Facilities..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:55 pm

I think Pascoe needs to tell us why he failed to secure the funding from the government. The money was there and has seemingly gone to other clubs. Why?

Something, something, working with all levels of governments, something, something, working towards it doesn't cut it as an answer.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:37 pm

I've heard that Happy is going to kick in a cool $10 million if it's called the "HT Centre of Excellence".

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:40 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:55 pm
I think Pascoe needs to tell us why he failed to secure the funding from the government. The money was there and has seemingly gone to other clubs. Why?

Something, something, working with all levels of governments, something, something, working towards it doesn't cut it as an answer.
I know what you mean but it would be silly for him to come out and say why we didn't get it when it has not been formally decided yet.

Maybe when that happens we will get more info.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:43 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:41 pm
I remember Jason Taylor making the same comment when questioned about WT Facilities..
Jason didn't mean it tho.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:45 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:40 pm
gallagher wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 5:55 pm

I know what you mean but it would be silly for him to come out and say why we didn't get it when it has not been formally decided yet.

Maybe when that happens we will get more info.
Well maybe they shouldn't put out a 4 min video on the topic until its decided.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 8:02 pm

When it was first announced, we were hopefully going to move there in 2019. Now Pascoe is talking about 5 yesrs in the Q&A video.
If we have $37mil committed to the project apart from the State govt money it shouldn't take 5 years to build.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 8:08 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:37 pm
I've heard that Happy is going to kick in a cool $10 million if it's called the "HT Centre of Excellence".
The "happy tiger " centre of excellence would be more like a knackers yard :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 9:08 pm

Please don't knock the G.O.A.T in his own mind..

Gladstone already has one of those..it houses the wicket keeping gloves, his leather balls he use to torp 60 on the fly, the 9 Iron and putter he used to win the Gladstone Masters 10 years in a row..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

cochise

Post by cochise » Sat 16 Dec, 2017 10:56 pm

It sounds like the Wests Tigers to design a $57M COE with only $10M organised and hoping for another $10M from the government and saying oh but we will find the other $37M