Funding for Centre of Excellence

Wests Tigers Discussion
tigeress
Member
Member
Posts: 773
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 5:44 pm
Location: South Burnett Qld

Re: Funding for Centre of Excellence

Post by tigeress » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 1:51 pm

BRAVO :righton:


tigerbalm
Member
Member
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun 19 Feb, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by tigerbalm » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 2:51 pm

Mccarry wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 5:02 pm
Brilliant News!

Great work by Pascoe. This is a big step forward. Clubs like ours are built from the ground up. This type of facility will be turning out fans, better players and deeper community engagement for years to come.

Rugby League needs to be about the people.

I truly believe that the Tiges are becoming a community club. This long term, foundations first strategy is the right play and will work.

This facility is about the people. Our no 'd@@k head' policy is about the people. Our every increasing activity in the community is about the people. Improvements in the game day experience is about the people.

At a time when the NRL is becoming more corrupt by the year, the Tigers are going the other way. As a fan I am very happy about this!
I agree.

Whats a community club mean though? serious question. Not the first time Ive heard or read that but have no idea what it means.

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3272
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 5:20 pm

tigerbalm wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 2:51 pm
Mccarry wrote:
Tue 19 Dec, 2017 5:02 pm
Brilliant News!

Great work by Pascoe. This is a big step forward. Clubs like ours are built from the ground up. This type of facility will be turning out fans, better players and deeper community engagement for years to come.

Rugby League needs to be about the people.

I truly believe that the Tiges are becoming a community club. This long term, foundations first strategy is the right play and will work.

This facility is about the people. Our no 'd@@k head' policy is about the people. Our every increasing activity in the community is about the people. Improvements in the game day experience is about the people.

At a time when the NRL is becoming more corrupt by the year, the Tigers are going the other way. As a fan I am very happy about this!
I agree.

Whats a community club mean though? serious question. Not the first time Ive heard or read that but have no idea what it means.
The COE won't just be for the Tigers. We may be the main tenants but there will be parts where local kids and various local sports clubs get to use top quality facilities too.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5242
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:01 pm

Abraham wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:27 pm
Going off the Michael Chammas article in the SMH back in March this year:

The Tigers, who arguably have the worst training facility in the NRL, are expected to put forward in excess of $10 million which will be matched by the state government to build one section of the facility.

The club has also gathered financial commitments from several different bodies to fund close to $30 million needed to build the community-based section of the facility.


So the club was expecting $10m and got about half of that. Not complaining, because $5.5m is alot of money, just means they will either have to dip into their own pockets a little more, or seek alternative cash injections from elsewhere.

Wonder if Pascoe has Benny's number ... :lol:
After the Balmain Leagues Club fiasco - you wouldn't let Benny near a Lego house, let alone anything else.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2058
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:39 pm

cochise wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:37 pm
I'd be interested in knowing why out funding hasn't been approved? Does anyone know anything?
It has been approved. Not $55 million but at least we've been given some money.


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29717
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:55 pm

Tacky wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:51 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:32 am
I wonder how much the PCYC and Canada Bay council kicked in.
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... qa-part-i/

He doesn't give a specific amount but, he says it's significant.
Is this a vid, or text?
Damn website is crap,,,,i see only a title and intro on both android and PC

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41528
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 7:06 pm

Few of us horse tipsters could help them turn 5.5 million into a significantly bigger amount ;)

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10198
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 7:28 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 7:06 pm
Few of us horse tipsters could help them turn 5.5 million into a significantly bigger amount ;)
5.5 million in exchange for a shipping container
:lol:

The "happy tiger" centre of excellence :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Dan Blanco
Member
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 7:31 am

Post by Dan Blanco » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:05 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 7:06 pm
Few of us horse tipsters could help them turn 5.5 million into a significantly bigger amount ;)
Either that, or we threaten to revoke uncle Harry's Lifetime Membership... :supporter:

Interestingly, there's an article that reported/insinuated that we asked him for $5 mill last year in order to retain the big 4 https://goo.gl/8Yij3b - either way, true or not, it's the same amount that we've managed to secure from the State Government for our COE.

As far as how much Canada Bay Council will put down who knows.. Those numbers aren't generally easy to project given the fact PCYC have partnered up as well, but given the fact that our expression of interest had a strong community based focus, we could even realistically get some federal support at some point - the States $5 mill is just a kickstart. We could be on a whole other level with this thing if the stars out West align..

Here's hoping Harry is on the phone to Canada Bay Council deep in discussions about resedential and green space developments. He can chose anywhere he wants from Concord to Rhodes. Our affiliation with WestConnex puts us onside by default too. I don't think the COE is as unattainable as some of my friends on here suggest. I'm sincerely glad to be finally going into the new year with some momentum concerning our clubs brand.
Last edited by Dan Blanco on Wed 20 Dec, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5698
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:19 pm

Earl wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:39 pm
cochise wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:37 pm
I'd be interested in knowing why out funding hasn't been approved? Does anyone know anything?
It has been approved. Not $55 million but at least we've been given some money.
Or has it?
http://www.venuesnsw.com/media-release/ ... -announced
This release from the govt doesn't sound like its over the line.

User avatar
Dan Blanco
Member
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 7:31 am

Post by Dan Blanco » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:23 pm

gallagher wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:19 pm
Earl wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:39 pm
cochise wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:37 pm
I'd be interested in knowing why out funding hasn't been approved? Does anyone know anything?
It has been approved. Not $55 million but at least we've been given some money.
Or has it?
http://www.venuesnsw.com/media-release/ ... -announced
This release from the govt doesn't sound like its over the line.
I'd suggest our bid was more complicated and needed time to refine. There's plenty more factors involved in our bid rather than just building an elite footy ground to train on and some netball hoops out back. West Harbour share the ground and facilities too. Everyone needs to settle down.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5698
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:28 pm

Dan Blanco wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:23 pm
gallagher wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:19 pm
Earl wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:39 pm
cochise wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:37 pm
I'd be interested in knowing why out funding hasn't been approved? Does anyone know anything?
It has been approved. Not $55 million but at least we've been given some money.
Or has it?
http://www.venuesnsw.com/media-release/ ... -announced
This release from the govt doesn't sound like its over the line.
I'd suggest our bid was more complicated and needed time to refine. There's plenty more factors involved in our bid rather than just building an elite footy ground to train on and some netball hoops out back. West Harbour share the ground and facilities too. Everyone needs to settle down.
Settle down? I don't think anyone is out if control. I just want to know if it's been approved or not.
The release from the govt suggests that it hasn't.

User avatar
Dan Blanco
Member
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 7:31 am

Post by Dan Blanco » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:41 pm

I wasn't referring to you or anyone in particular. The link you posted on venuesnsw.com says '$5.5 mill - for stage one of their centre of excellence'.
If that didn't buy you a clue as to why no final figure or agreement has been published, then please feel free to inbox me and I'll be glad to help explain.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5698
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:50 pm

Dan Blanco wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:41 pm
I wasn't referring to you or anyone in particular. The link you posted on venuesnsw.com says '$5.5 mill - for stage one of their centre of excellence'.
If that didn't buy you a clue as to why no final figure or agreement has been published, then please feel free to inbox me and I'll be glad to help explain.
Funding reservations have been made for two more clubs whilst they further develop their Centre of Excellence proposals with the Office of Sport.

Sea Eagles - Up to $10 million for a Centre of Excellence at Brookvale
Wests Tigers - $5.5 million for Stage One of their Centre of Excellence


' Funding reservations' it says. That doesn't sound like a full commitment to me.

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2714
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:51 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:55 pm
Tacky wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:51 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:32 am
I wonder how much the PCYC and Canada Bay council kicked in.
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... qa-part-i/

He doesn't give a specific amount but, he says it's significant.
Is this a vid, or text?
Damn website is crap,,,,i see only a title and intro on both android and PC
It's part 1 of the Q&A video from September. The website works perfect for me so, you might want to try a different web browser. If you're using Chrome try firefox.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5242
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:57 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:55 pm
Tacky wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:51 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:32 am
I wonder how much the PCYC and Canada Bay council kicked in.
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... qa-part-i/

He doesn't give a specific amount but, he says it's significant.
Is this a vid, or text?
Damn website is crap,,,,i see only a title and intro on both android and PC
In the same boat Ink - A great new site!

User avatar
Dan Blanco
Member
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 7:31 am

Post by Dan Blanco » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:58 pm

gallagher wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:50 pm
Dan Blanco wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:41 pm
I wasn't referring to you or anyone in particular. The link you posted on venuesnsw.com says '$5.5 mill - for stage one of their centre of excellence'.
If that didn't buy you a clue as to why no final figure or agreement has been published, then please feel free to inbox me and I'll be glad to help explain.
Funding reservations have been made for two more clubs whilst they further develop their Centre of Excellence proposals with the Office of Sport.

Sea Eagles - Up to $10 million for a Centre of Excellence at Brookvale
Wests Tigers - $5.5 million for Stage One of their Centre of Excellence


' Funding reservations' it says. That doesn't sound like a full commitment to me.
Fingers X I'm right & you're wrong tbh bud.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29717
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 5:55 am

Tacky wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:51 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 6:55 pm
Tacky wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 8:51 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:32 am
I wonder how much the PCYC and Canada Bay council kicked in.
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... qa-part-i/

He doesn't give a specific amount but, he says it's significant.
Is this a vid, or text?
Damn website is crap,,,,i see only a title and intro on both android and PC
It's part 1 of the Q&A video from September. The website works perfect for me so, you might want to try a different web browser. If you're using Chrome try firefox.
It takes me.to the page but theres no vid link....ive tried several browsers and the new app....this vid doesnt appear on my phone or pc at home ...where other vids (members commitee, Tim Grant do work)
Got.me buggered
Is it possible to embed it here?

Post Reply