Cleary's - "back to the future" prediction ?!

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 4932
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Cleary's - "back to the future" prediction ?!

Unread post by 851 » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 7:49 am

Go You Good Things wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 2:14 pm
Hang on . . . I think I've solved it !!!!!
"Back to the future " means that we will have the De Lorean Motor Company as club sponsor in 2018/19 financial year.
Not only is this a direct tie-in to the Movie of the same name, but it also harks back to our last success in '05 when we were sponsored by the Proton Car group.
We will summon the souls of MJF and the Doc to teach Brooks how to make decent 5th tackle choices. . . . using the hoverboard principle.
This must be it !!!!!!
Everything fits perfectly !!!!!
I'm gonna angle grind the door hinges on the Disco and weld them suckers on the roof pillar in anticipation of the popularity resurgence of the defining DeLorean feature.
It would create history if it happened, we pay Farah to play at souths, then souths pay Farah to play here. But our 30th player should not be a hooker.
Go hard or go home


cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm

Unread post by cochise » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 7:09 pm

With this and Reynolds comments its possible that he may just mean we are going back to the future with our attacking structure and not splitting our halves.

tigertye
Member
Member
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:59 pm

Unread post by tigertye » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:21 pm

A stab in the dark on this one. I thought it may have meant something to do with Benji in the centres again. Back to when Brooks debuted?

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:46 pm

tigertye wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:21 pm
A stab in the dark on this one. I thought it may have meant something to do with Benji in the centres again. Back to when Brooks debuted?
I don’t think you’re right Tigertye but there’s something about your idea that excites me. Benji running free in the centres has appeal. Mind you, a few passes to Row 3 in the grandstand will probably bring me back to earth!!

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36476
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:55 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:46 pm
tigertye wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:21 pm
A stab in the dark on this one. I thought it may have meant something to do with Benji in the centres again. Back to when Brooks debuted?
I don’t think you’re right Tigertye but there’s something about your idea that excites me. Benji running free in the centres has appeal. Mind you, a few passes to Row 3 in the grandstand will probably bring me back to earth!!
Look I could be wrong , but I reckon Rowdy would have Benji covered for speed now :o

We won't see Benji in the centres , he isn't quick enough and wouldn't cope defensively

Defending in the centres is the hardest position to defend at in the NRL now


User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25110
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 9:08 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:55 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:46 pm
tigertye wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:21 pm
A stab in the dark on this one. I thought it may have meant something to do with Benji in the centres again. Back to when Brooks debuted?
I don’t think you’re right Tigertye but there’s something about your idea that excites me. Benji running free in the centres has appeal. Mind you, a few passes to Row 3 in the grandstand will probably bring me back to earth!!
Look I could be wrong , but I reckon Rowdy would have Benji covered for speed now :o

We won't see Benji in the centres , he isn't quick enough and wouldn't cope defensively

Defending in the centres is the hardest position to defend at in the NRL now
Happy young man you have gone off early with your 1 correct post a year...pace yourself son..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Unread post by Tiger Steve » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 9:18 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:55 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:46 pm
tigertye wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:21 pm
A stab in the dark on this one. I thought it may have meant something to do with Benji in the centres again. Back to when Brooks debuted?
I don’t think you’re right Tigertye but there’s something about your idea that excites me. Benji running free in the centres has appeal. Mind you, a few passes to Row 3 in the grandstand will probably bring me back to earth!!
Look I could be wrong , but I reckon Rowdy would have Benji covered for speed now :o

We won't see Benji in the centres , he isn't quick enough and wouldn't cope defensively

Defending in the centres is the hardest position to defend at in the NRL now
You’re 100% right happy. I’m just reminiscing about a younger, faster Benji ........who could throw a pass into the crowd!!

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36476
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:07 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 9:18 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:55 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:46 pm
tigertye wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:21 pm
A stab in the dark on this one. I thought it may have meant something to do with Benji in the centres again. Back to when Brooks debuted?
I don’t think you’re right Tigertye but there’s something about your idea that excites me. Benji running free in the centres has appeal. Mind you, a few passes to Row 3 in the grandstand will probably bring me back to earth!!
Look I could be wrong , but I reckon Rowdy would have Benji covered for speed now :o

We won't see Benji in the centres , he isn't quick enough and wouldn't cope defensively

Defending in the centres is the hardest position to defend at in the NRL now
You’re 100% right happy. I’m just reminiscing about a younger, faster Benji ........who could throw a pass into the crowd!!
Don't worry Steve the 2018 version won't let any of our older supporters down when he launches a pass into the third row at Leichhardt or even the SCG if you let him :D

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36476
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:10 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 9:08 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:55 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:46 pm
tigertye wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 8:21 pm
A stab in the dark on this one. I thought it may have meant something to do with Benji in the centres again. Back to when Brooks debuted?
I don’t think you’re right Tigertye but there’s something about your idea that excites me. Benji running free in the centres has appeal. Mind you, a few passes to Row 3 in the grandstand will probably bring me back to earth!!
Look I could be wrong , but I reckon Rowdy would have Benji covered for speed now :o

We won't see Benji in the centres , he isn't quick enough and wouldn't cope defensively

Defending in the centres is the hardest position to defend at in the NRL now
Happy young man you have gone off early with your 1 correct post a year...pace yourself son..
I know Geo , on fire

You must be due for a decent post , what year is it again

Just don't think we can risk Benji on the bench unless we want to give ET big minutes as hooker

User avatar
oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue 24 Nov, 2015 4:06 pm
Location: Springwood

Unread post by oldprop » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:37 pm

cochise wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 7:09 pm
With this and Reynolds comments its possible that he may just mean we are going back to the future with our attacking structure and not splitting our halves.
Yep, this will be a big change both from the way we’ve been playing and how Reynolds was used at the Dogs. Our half back with be playing off the ruck and Josh will be organising the back line. Should be good.
Need more props.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5029
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 5:28 pm

Cleary will provide a game plan full of great defence and attacking flair..
Rugby league in the new millennium..I’m looking forward to the trials and the start of the season...the dawn of a new era at the WTs..

Just my opinion,and I have been extremely busy over the festive season at work,so dont worry I will be on the forum again shortly...also I will see how my new roster works and will try to organise this years get together if some are interested..cheers TT...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm

Unread post by Magpie Magic » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 6:57 pm

Think it means many things on many levels.
A blending of our history and a team wanting to be part of tbat culture.
Probably a really tough side teams don't want to play against.
Benji s return and the occasional off the cuff moment.

Hearing everone speak I'm excited. They all seem reset on one level inrhe moment with no expectations. We have a good balanced team with loads of depth albeit with a shortage of a couple of class players but then maybe some of these young guys will become that.

Post Reply

Return to “Wests Tigers”

cron