2041 wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 3:29 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 1:33 pm
2041 wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 11:34 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 14 Jan, 2018 11:57 am
I remember when JT was playing ET at hooker in 2016 and everyone was losing their minds. How things change.
Spot the difference:
2016: Jason Taylor refuses to pick Robbie Farah at hooker, instead at times preferring converted back row forward Elijah Taylor in the number nine jersey. Fans are upset.
2018: Promising youngster Jacob Liddle may not be fit to start the season, leaving the Tigers short in their hooker rotation. Converted back row forward Elijah Taylor is suggested as a temporary fill-in to back up Matt McIlwrick for at least some minutes. Fans are less upset.
Actually, Farah spent the majority of the backend of the season after he was dropped on the sideline, carrying an injury. So he was unavailable anyway.
As a supplementary point, one area where you might be right that fan views have changed is perception of ET's value. When he first came across there was a view - a wrong view, IMO - that he was a real threat as a wide-running, ball-playing back row forward. On that basis some people were probably more upset than they should have been at the idea of ET being used at 9.

I think most people are more realistic now about what ET brings and are perhaps therefore less inclined to feel he would be wasted playing in the middle.

In this sense, yes, I suppose there is an element of Jason Taylor being condemned for something Cleary can get away with. But I don't think that's anti-Jason Taylor bias - it's more a case of having more realistic expectations of the player involved.

Personally I happen to believe Taylor was a hopeless coach who also got dealt a dud hand with the Farah situation (though he didn't improve it by the way he played it). I don't - and didn't - have a massive issue with ET being considered the leading candidate to fill in at 9 in the absence of other options. The issue was that Jason Taylor shouldn't have been in a position where there weren't other options.
You finally worked out where i was coming from. Kudos.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 5:40 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 4:25 pm
I wouldn't panic about Liddle at this stage. I've had the same operation and I'm 69yo against his 20yo. Recovery for me was about 4 months so I'd expect him to recover earlier than that.given that he is a pro sportsman with full time physio available to aid his rehab.

I stand to be corrected but I don't think I've seen him wearing a "don't tackle me" vest. I'd be surprised if he wasn't ready to play come March.
ur 100% correct, what people sometimes forget these players get physio and rehab, every day 7 days per week, and there recovery time should be nearly 1/2 us mere mortals.

Post by 2041 » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 10:38 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 5:39 pm
2041 wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 3:29 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 1:33 pm
2041 wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 11:34 am

Spot the difference:
2016: Jason Taylor refuses to pick Robbie Farah at hooker, instead at times preferring converted back row forward Elijah Taylor in the number nine jersey. Fans are upset.
2018: Promising youngster Jacob Liddle may not be fit to start the season, leaving the Tigers short in their hooker rotation. Converted back row forward Elijah Taylor is suggested as a temporary fill-in to back up Matt McIlwrick for at least some minutes. Fans are less upset.
Actually, Farah spent the majority of the backend of the season after he was dropped on the sideline, carrying an injury. So he was unavailable anyway.
As a supplementary point, one area where you might be right that fan views have changed is perception of ET's value. When he first came across there was a view - a wrong view, IMO - that he was a real threat as a wide-running, ball-playing back row forward. On that basis some people were probably more upset than they should have been at the idea of ET being used at 9.

I think most people are more realistic now about what ET brings and are perhaps therefore less inclined to feel he would be wasted playing in the middle.

In this sense, yes, I suppose there is an element of Jason Taylor being condemned for something Cleary can get away with. But I don't think that's anti-Jason Taylor bias - it's more a case of having more realistic expectations of the player involved.

Personally I happen to believe Taylor was a hopeless coach who also got dealt a dud hand with the Farah situation (though he didn't improve it by the way he played it). I don't - and didn't - have a massive issue with ET being considered the leading candidate to fill in at 9 in the absence of other options. The issue was that Jason Taylor shouldn't have been in a position where there weren't other options.
You finally worked out where i was coming from. Kudos.
Thanks. It is often hard to work out what on earth you're on about.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 10:48 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Mon 15 Jan, 2018 5:40 pm
sideline eye wrote:
Thu 11 Jan, 2018 4:25 pm
I wouldn't panic about Liddle at this stage. I've had the same operation and I'm 69yo against his 20yo. Recovery for me was about 4 months so I'd expect him to recover earlier than that.given that he is a pro sportsman with full time physio available to aid his rehab.

I stand to be corrected but I don't think I've seen him wearing a "don't tackle me" vest. I'd be surprised if he wasn't ready to play come March.
ur 100% correct, what people sometimes forget these players get physio and rehab, every day 7 days per week, and there recovery time should be nearly 1/2 us mere mortals.
Fortunately us old fogeys don't need to make 40 tackles every week for the next 12 seasons

The level our recovery needs to be at and their recovery needs to be at is at different ends of the scale

I know I couldn't believe how blokes like Jordan Kahu and Tautau Moga come back from multiple ACL surgeries , I know even know I'm in agony every time I kneel down to change a car tyre for example and put weight on mine

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 12:19 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:55 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 5:58 pm
1 Tui
2 Nofo
3 Marsters
4 Milne
5 Fonua
6 Reynolds
7 Brooks
8 Packer
9 Marshall
10 Mataulino
11 Eisenhuth
12 Aloiai
13 Lawrence

14 Mcqueen
15 Taylor
16 Twal
17 McCilwrick

I know ill cop some flack from a few supporters on here but i think Marshall could be a bolter for the 9 if Liddle isn't ready to go by opening round.
Still a pretty good line up considering Suli, Mcqueen, kev, Sue, Liddle and a bunch of fringys there abouts aswell.

Just bought tickets to the roosters game in round one.
Cant wait so see packer rip teddys face off.
Where does Benji go when McIlwrick comes.on?
Union :roll
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 6:03 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Tue 16 Jan, 2018 12:19 am
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 10:55 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Sat 13 Jan, 2018 5:58 pm
1 Tui
2 Nofo
3 Marsters
4 Milne
5 Fonua
6 Reynolds
7 Brooks
8 Packer
9 Marshall
10 Mataulino
11 Eisenhuth
12 Aloiai
13 Lawrence

14 Mcqueen
15 Taylor
16 Twal
17 McCilwrick

I know ill cop some flack from a few supporters on here but i think Marshall could be a bolter for the 9 if Liddle isn't ready to go by opening round.
Still a pretty good line up considering Suli, Mcqueen, kev, Sue, Liddle and a bunch of fringys there abouts aswell.

Just bought tickets to the roosters game in round one.
Cant wait so see packer rip teddys face off.
Where does Benji go when McIlwrick comes.on?
Union :roll
😂Gold

will1999

Post by will1999 » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:31 pm

Titans are now Spoon favourites

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:40 pm

will1999 wrote:
Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:31 pm
Ah crap. I was hoping it would be us again .
We tend to go good when the odds are against us . And the opposite when we are fav’s
in Ivan we distrust

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 8:55 pm

will1999 wrote:
Did they have a Pre-season injury...?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 16 Jan, 2018 11:29 pm

will1999 wrote:
They don't have too bad a squad, and even rumours of getting Peachey for 2019 or possibly even before June 30.

I don't think that they'll get it, they will end up being bottom 4 but some team will flop as they always do.

But better them then us :)