Fitness

Wests Tigers Discussion
BodhiTiger

Fitness

Post by BodhiTiger » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 8:27 pm

Gotta say, Been checking out the training pics the club has been posting the last few weeks, and the boys are looking super fit. Every year we get the usual "The boys are training the house down" Spiel. But this is the first time for me that the team are looking sharp athletically and it has stood out.
Gotta felling Ivan has set the bar high and we finally got the coach & trainers to implement the results.
Every year the heart rules the head and I feel optimistic, but this year I really think we can be anything.
I think 2018 might take away the pain :D
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 8:31 pm

the more fitter we are, the better the defence will be. I honestly only care about being competitive every game. Last 2-3 years we were pencilled in as a win by some clubs.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 8:35 pm

Time will tell but I do agree with you on this. I got the impression that Ivan wasn't impressed with the fitness of some of the guys when he took over last season and he's clearly gone into pre-season with some top trainers and a pretty good plan. I do recall Josh Reynolds saying the pre-season with the Tigers differed from the Bulldogs with less long distance running and more shorter intense sessions, simulating match fitness. Hopefully it pays dividends and he hit the season full of energy.

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 8:46 pm

willow wrote:
Fri 02 Feb, 2018 8:35 pm
Time will tell but I do agree with you on this. I got the impression that Ivan wasn't impressed with the fitness of some of the guys when he took over last season and he's clearly gone into pre-season with some top trainers and a pretty good plan. I do recall Josh Reynolds saying the pre-season with the Tigers differed from the Bulldogs with less long distance running and more shorter intense sessions, simulating match fitness. Hopefully it pays dividends and he hit the season full of energy.
Fingers crossed Willow.
Also we got our lucky charm back "Brett Hodgson" He's gotta be worth a try a game!
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 9:32 pm

Let’s hope we hit the ground running. With the difficult early draw a 0-5 result will undo all the good preseason work. I’m hoping the preseason focus and intensity leads to us shocking a couple of the more fancied teams - playing the Tigers is no longer a stroll in the park!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 9:44 pm

When Cleary and Palmer were last together the Pamfers had the worst injury toll...they did get within a game of the GF tho..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 9:46 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 02 Feb, 2018 9:44 pm
When Cleary and Palmer were last together the Pamfers had the worst injury toll...they did get within a game of the GF tho..
Would it be fair to say the depth they had at Windsor helped them through?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 9:54 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 02 Feb, 2018 9:46 pm
Geo. wrote:
Nigel Plum...

not really a mixture of youth and experienced NRL players

Link to the team that played that Prelim... http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seaso ... mmary.html
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Geo. wrote:
Fri 02 Feb, 2018 9:54 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Nigel Plum...

Link to the team that played that Prelim... http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seaso ... mmary.html
Interesting Bench [The result might be in that]
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 10:07 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 02 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Nigel Plum...

Nah, it was the man of the match performance from Corey Thompson. Watch what he does this year.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 02 Feb, 2018 10:10 pm

Harvey wrote:
Fri 02 Feb, 2018 10:07 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 02 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:

Nigel Plum...

Nah, it was the man of the match performance from Corey Thompson. Watch what he does this year.
He is from my first junior club... Watch your wallet first and foremost!

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 12:44 am

Last year Taylor said they were actively having a lighter pre season. I never understood why. We looked completely unfit for the first 2 months of the comp.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 11:08 am

Geo. wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Nigel Plum...

One name springs to mind in that Bulldogs side that singlehandedly got them through.

Mitch Brown. :mrgreen:

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 12:08 pm

Geo. wrote:
This was always my concern about Cleary ... the Panthers for a couple of seasons had a terrible injury toll ...maybe lessons have been learnt time will tell..but fitness over the last few seasons has been a problem hence not being able to compete for the whole 80mins hopefully this is being rectified.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 1:27 pm

BodhiTiger wrote:
Fri 02 Feb, 2018 8:27 pm
Gotta say, Been checking out the training pics the club has been posting the last few weeks, and the boys are looking super fit. Every year we get the usual "The boys are training the house down" Spiel. But this is the first time for me that the team are looking sharp athletically and it has stood out.
Gotta felling Ivan has set the bar high and we finally got the coach & trainers to implement the results.
Every year the heart rules the head and I feel optimistic, but this year I really think we can be anything.
I heard the Storm have horrendous preseasons, designed to really test the physical and mental capacity of players. New players to their system are watched very closely. Didn’t put too much credence on it until I saw a photo big Sam Kasiano - wow, he’s pretty much half the size he was, lol.

The Tigers all seem to be singing from the same songsheet so far. All I want to see is some real attitude in defense, you know, different to the last half dozen years I’ve witnessed.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 3:24 pm

BodhiTiger wrote:
Fri 02 Feb, 2018 8:27 pm
The media department did a photoshop course in the off season.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 7:09 pm

Seantice wrote:
Fri 02 Feb, 2018 8:31 pm
the more fitter we are, the better the defence will be. I honestly only care about being competitive every game. Last 2-3 years we were pencilled in as a win by some clubs.
More fitter???

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Balmainbred » Sat 03 Feb, 2018 7:33 pm

Well with one, R Palmer on the books they all should be the fittest, there ever been.