This years key to our success......

Wests Tigers Discussion
Seantice

Re: This years key to our success......

Post by Seantice » Sun 11 Feb, 2018 10:01 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 07 Feb, 2018 6:31 pm
Five one out hit ups followed by a bomb on the 6th should do it 😂
This is the single most irritating thing we did last year. Brooks putting a bomb up from halfway. It is the most boring, defensive play I have seen. Most clubs do it now instead of kicking to the corners. Be aggressive, kick to the corners or run itb on the 5th. Bombing from half way does nothing as far as im concerned.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:43 am

Last tackle options need to improve, very poor last season.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 1:12 pm

Stop listening to what may or may not happen next year and play like your pay cheque depends on it, might help.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:09 pm

clontarfkid wrote:
Tue 06 Feb, 2018 6:16 pm
I actually think the spine is our biggest challenge tbh...
A full back who has very little experience in that position at NRL level...suspect we'll be exposed defensively in 2018.
Both halves are neither renowned playmakers and both lacking a short kicking game..were gonna struggle to score tries I suspect
..and two no9s that at this stage have little impact as playmakers,and are a little brittle
Id be chasing RTS as an immediate priority and play Tui in the centres...our 6 is a contractual lockin but was a winning SOO blues 6(not many can say that)so were with him for a while,and we'll know more about Brooks mid season but aint quite sure hes got it...but am happy for him to prove me wrong.
So IMO Ivans team aint gonna match JTs 9th in 2016(tho we shld have done better)...and were consigned to the "developmental phase"for another few seasons.
Worse still...both Newcastle and Titans have recruited well..very well....and possibly were a shot at the spoon
I agree about our spine, I would love to be proven wrong, but it doesn’t look that great.

Munk

Post by Munk » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:20 pm

Not a star spine for sure but weve had those before and failed. Spines with big name players dont always gel. Hopefully ours work as a unit, with everyone understanding and completing their assigned tasks as dictated by the coaching staff. Dont go off script, trust the plan and execute it to the best of your ability.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:38 pm

The key to success next year will come down to two things: Physical fitness and mental toughness. Last year, Ivan had the team believing that they were fit enough to compete for the full 80 minutes and it showed in our performances where we were still in games right up to the final siren.

Naturally we didn't win all of those games but we at least gave ourselves the chance to win them and with a better side with the same outlook, staying in games until the end should translate to more victories than last year.

Not too hard is it? We are fit enough so start believing it if you want to win. As a PS, we supporters and members turning up at games and lifting the players with our support also makes a big difference.
Last edited by sideline eye on Tue 13 Feb, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 8:16 am

Some good input to this thread,very valid points made....I did say that Brooks needs to step up and I will stick to that point...however I also think Ivans coaching and gameplans will also help define our season,others also have to step up and show they are NRL standard players...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 9:12 am

I think we could be developing a champion spine.

Not one of them is a champion, but I think they will all complement each other, work together for the benefit of the team, back each other up etc.

This may not happen in game 1 but as the season progresses it will develop nicely.

Go, you mighty Tigers!!!!

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:16 am

we'll surprise a few teams this year based on NOT having any superstars.

Honestly, if you look at our 2005 team, Apart from Prince, most of the guys were solid first-graders at best. No origin players to speak of. In fact, we had no NZ internationals either.

My only worry is we don't have a team leader in the halves. Maybe Reynolds will step up and be that guy. Maybe Brooks will. This is the only questions mark I have on our team.