Honest assessment on 2018

Wests Tigers Discussion
teddy23

Honest assessment on 2018

Post by teddy23 » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 5:48 pm

Just want the forums thoughts on how they think we’ll go with the season under 3 weeks away now.....

I’m usually really optimistic about our chances each pre season, but this season I just don’t think our squad has what it takes to make the finals. I think our spine is quite weak, we just lack that x-factor and creativity in the spine imo. However our forwards are probably the best pack we’ve had in about a decade....

I think we’ll show a lot of hunger and passion for the jersey but just miss out, hope I’m wrong but it’s an honest assessment.

shifty

Post by shifty » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 5:55 pm

Hopefully a positive one come September..

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 5:56 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 5:48 pm
Just want the forums thoughts on how they think we’ll go with the season under 3 weeks away now.....

I’m usually really optimistic about our chances each pre season, but this season I just don’t think our squad has what it takes to make the finals. I think our spine is quite weak, we just lack that x-factor and creativity in the spine imo. However our forwards are probably the best pack we’ve had in about a decade....

I think we’ll show a lot of hunger and passion for the jersey but just miss out, hope I’m wrong but it’s an honest assessment.
Sadly, I agree. I think we are two quality players short of a top 8 team but I don't see any side seeing us as an easy game as they may have done in previous years. Praying I'm horribly wrong.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 6:38 pm

I think we'll look better than the last few years. I hope it's enough to make the eight. I don't see us being a major threat but the squad is solid without looking spectacular. It'll help if Brooks improves his 5th tackle options and regains his kicking form. A lot of unknowns with so many players coming in but it may be the perfect storm and it may all just click for us.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 6:50 pm

Realistically i can only see 5 sides that can win it - Melbourne, Cronulla, Cows, Rorters and sadly Eels. I think on our day we could beat them all. The other 11 sides will fight it out for 3 spots. I don't see us getting one of those spots.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 6:53 pm

Hard to say. The early draw isn’t easy, but it’s better getting those sides early when the comp is still fairly even. Getting quite sick of the build up and hype. Time for the club to put their money where their mouth is.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 6:55 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 6:50 pm
Realistically i can only see 5 sides that can win it - Melbourne, Cronulla, Cows, Rorters and sadly Eels. I think on our day we could beat them all. The other 11 sides will fight it out for 3 spots. I don't see us getting one of those spots.
Cannot see the Sharks winning it. Think they’ll slide quite a bit this season. I still think Melbourne can be a force. Would not be surprised one bit if Cronk’s move was secretly orchestrated by Bellamy to make room for Croft.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 6:56 pm

I think we'll be more consistent this year and hopefully they'll give it there all for a FULL 80 mins ...

Doubt we'll make the semis though .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:01 pm

I’m confident of finishing in front of the following sides

Warriors
Souths
Titans
Dragons
Bulldogs

Honestly think we can finish in front of the Sharks and Raiders too. No reason why we can’t finish on the edge of the 8.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:26 pm

Can't see why we can't make the eight.

Do not think the spine is that weak myself.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:33 pm

My hope is I'm not naming Tiger Watto , Geo , Willow ,Spud , Munk ,Hobbo , and CB in the possible Tuesday sides at any stage in 2018

First 6 weeks are crucial , we can walk away 2-4 it would be a massive achievement

The keys will be our defence , our spine , mental toughness and injuries

Is Top 8 possible , yes , but we might need some luck along the way

Probably 2 players short of being a Top 8 contender , but if the junior brigade step up , who knows

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:36 pm

I’m excited to see our new side. However with so many new players it’s hard to see us playing consistently well orchestrated footy.
Certainly not enough top shelf players to make the top 4.
I do think we’ll be a hard side to play against though. I’m happen with what Ivan has done in a short time.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:41 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Fri 16 Feb, 2018 5:48 pm

Fair assessment. Most people i talk to are feeling that way.
Its an opinion!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:46 pm

I need to see some trial form.

On paper we have the best depth we have ever had
On paper we have the best forward pack we have ever had.
We also have the best coach we have had in a long long time.

But there was so much change that needed to happen since we ran the last guy out of dodge that its hard to tell how far along we are.
Its an opinion!

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:51 pm

I can see Aloiai Eisenhuth and Twal all stepping up and having a great year
Add Packer Matalino McQueen and Taylor to that
If we can stay fit our forwards will get on top more offer than not

Our backs are a bit of an unknown for us
But they are also an unknown for our opposition
Sure they may know how they play as individual's but they have not seen them play as a team
It will take time for other teams to work us out
If we plays to our abilities I think we can make the eight
I believe in the team

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:51 pm

Top 4 easy. We will probably win the comp.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:52 pm

6th - 10th with a average start but a good finish in line with our draw

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 16 Feb, 2018 7:55 pm

I got encouraged enough with how we finished the season to be optimistic about this year. A late charge to the finals. 7th.