Wests Tigers Discussion
Balmainian

Re: Honest assessment on 2018

Post by Balmainian » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 4:55 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 7:55 pm
Magpie Magic wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 7:05 pm
Well the right conditions seem to have been created they seem a happy bunch in the moment lots of depth.
Ivan seems to have recruited to give Brooks a chance witb plenty of go forward and mentoring and he may play McQueen to cover him and I feel that we will be competing every game something that hasn't happened for a while. Our go forward should ensure that our defense will need to absorb less energy from opponents.
The weak link is a supposed lack of class but that may become irrelevant if guys like Twal,Milne, Marsters Brooks and rhe new signings develop.
I think Cleary identified soon as he walked in last year that sadly there was a lack of togetherness commitment belief and energy within the group so his remedy was to release the trouble makers build go forward and buy committed players so that way if we stay in games longer we may overcome " the blockages in performance "
That Easts game first up has already got a grand of my money at 9.5pts start.
A grand??! Jeepers mate you are brave. Hope you have a win.
easy money haha

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 6:16 pm

Well my bet was with 9.5 start but feel we are in with a big chance. As last nights trial showed we are ready and the intensity is there and we rolled down the park easy and think Roosters pushing Pearce out who was close to the team may cause them a few issues.
Anyway been watching and betting on RL a while with some success and reckon Cleary has got team in a good psychological zone somehow even fringe players were retained for a fresh start. Next year when some may have to be released more work will be required to keep everyone together.
Its realky sad for us fans but when Cleary walked in last year he would have picked that sadly many didn't really care for our club and detected he was shocked by the lack of commitment by some which is cardinal in a body contact sport.
Coupled with JTs tactics which resulted in sets which didn't last long the opposition had too much energy in attack hence Goulds claim we were unfit.
Anyway our season and whether we make finals will depend on us getting a few "lucky "wins in early rounds against tough opposition to boost our confidence. We are "due" for what its worth against Easts and Melbourne. Thinking team is predisposed perhaps mentally (judging by the the interviews I've heard)to feel that nobody expects them to win early and thats good meaning it shouldn't affect their whole season but to make 8 they will need to surpass their own expectations in early rounds so we need the bounce of the ball there.

Wa Mag/Tig

Post by Wa Mag/Tig » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 7:43 pm

I recorded every game last year and have just finished watching them. I think the bounce of the ball went against us last year. Sure we were not up for it but we never got the rub of the green. A losing team is easy for a ref to blow a penalty against and that happened alot. Not blaming refs we have to get the ref to know we are a wining team. Refs love the winning teams or a team that always wins. That smells alot like the WESTS TIGERS to me right now. I can feel it.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 8:05 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 6:16 pm
Well my bet was with 9.5 start but feel we are in with a big chance. As last nights trial showed we are ready and the intensity is there and we rolled down the park easy and think Roosters pushing Pearce out who was close to the team may cause them a few issues.
Anyway been watching and betting on RL a while with some success and reckon Cleary has got team in a good psychological zone somehow even fringe players were retained for a fresh start. Next year when some may have to be released more work will be required to keep everyone together.
Its realky sad for us fans but when Cleary walked in last year he would have picked that sadly many didn't really care for our club and detected he was shocked by the lack of commitment by some which is cardinal in a body contact sport.
Coupled with JTs tactics which resulted in sets which didn't last long the opposition had too much energy in attack hence Goulds claim we were unfit.
Anyway our season and whether we make finals will depend on us getting a few "lucky "wins in early rounds against tough opposition to boost our confidence. We are "due" for what its worth against Easts and Melbourne. Thinking team is predisposed perhaps mentally (judging by the the interviews I've heard)to feel that nobody expects them to win early and thats good meaning it shouldn't affect their whole season but to make 8 they will need to surpass their own expectations in early rounds so we need the bounce of the ball there.
Ballsy, hopefully you're right!
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...