Under The Radar

Wests Tigers Discussion
BodhiTiger

Under The Radar

Post by BodhiTiger » Sat 17 Feb, 2018 8:11 pm

2 players that i believe have been flying under radar this preseason, and I am interested in others thoughts on how they are going to go this year.
1) David Nofoaluma - One of our best consistently. If reports are correct he was playing injured for most of last year and he was still ripping it up. And one of, if not our best. If he can deliver the way he did injured, surely he will be a stand out for us this year with an injury free preseason. And people keep saying we don't have any x-factor players... Could Nofo be it for us?
2)Sauaso Sue - We all know Sue can be anything and in spurts he is one of the strongest, aggressive players we have had. But the spurts are few and far between. I'm feeling if Ivan can get a consistent Sue, he may be one of our best up front.
What you all think?
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 17 Feb, 2018 8:17 pm

BodhiTiger wrote:
Sat 17 Feb, 2018 8:11 pm
2 players that i believe have been flying under radar this preseason, and I am interested in others thoughts on how they are going to go this year.
1) David Nofoaluma - One of our best consistently. If reports are correct he was playing injured for most of last year and he was still ripping it up. And one of, if not our best. If he can deliver the way he did injured, surely he will be a stand out for us this year with an injury free preseason. And people keep saying we don't have any x-factor players... Could Nofo be it for us?
2)Sauaso Sue - We all know Sue can be anything and in spurts he is one of the strongest, aggressive players we have had. But the spurts are few and far between. I'm feeling if Ivan can get a consistent Sue, he may be one of our best up front.
What you all think?
It's the same with all 30 of them Bodi - if they stand up, each of them could be anything.

Hopefully most of them will, and along the way form a good consistent team that is very hard to beat.

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Sat 17 Feb, 2018 8:29 pm

Yeah agree Rus. But I feel these two in particular could take it to the next level this year and be standouts for us. They have the ability, but will they apply it?
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

Munk

Post by Munk » Sat 17 Feb, 2018 10:32 pm

I dont fully get the love for noffo. One trick pony for mine who got outscored by his opposite in most games last year.

Patts

Post by Patts » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 6:16 am

I thought Sue went backwards in 2017. This year there is a lot more competition for spots so unless he finds the form of previous years he might be playing for the Magpies this year and another NRL club in 2019.

Nofa Is great. He constantly takes the dirty carries and always seems to come out the other side of the defensive line.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 11:30 am

Patts wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 6:16 am
I thought Sue went backwards in 2017. This year there is a lot more competition for spots so unless he finds the form of previous years he might be playing for the Magpies this year and another NRL club in 2019.

Nofa Is great. He constantly takes the dirty carries and always seems to come out the other side of the defensive line.
Agree on Sue, he hasnt really improvrd his game at all. I think he starts the seasion in reserves.

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Sun 18 Feb, 2018 11:36 am

Patts wrote:
Sun 18 Feb, 2018 6:16 am

To be honest, with the forward stocks we have and guys coming through, I can't see Sue being offered another contract by Cleary....but I could be wrong.