Brutal Reality - We lack talent

Wests Tigers Discussion
Pragmatist

Re: Brutal Reality - We lack talent

Post by Pragmatist » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 9:23 am

After watching both grades on Saturday. my main concerns are getting some attacking spark from fullback and dummy half. Hopefully, Liddle can sort one of those out. I thought Tui was good last year but left the ground on Saturday concerned.
If we can't put teams under attacking pressure they gain confidence and momentum.
I know Ivan has built a squad with depth, hopefully we can get that one classy X factor player.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 9:41 am

hobbo wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:14 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 10:09 pm
Anything is possible
Who would have thought the Cowboys would make last years grand final without Thurston and Scott

CARLTON’S comeback from 44 points down in the 1970 Grand Final against Collingwood proved what can happen when a team truly believes

JOHN Bertrand in the 1983 America’s Cup.
Apparently America could never be beaten

ROB de Castella run down a couple of Kenyans in the 1982 Commonwealth Games marathon.

STEPHEN Bradbury winning gold in the 1000m speed skating at the 2002 Winter Olympics when his main rivals fell ahead of him.

Underdogs can win
I like a good story
That's all sweet and Rosie , but we're talking Wests Tigers mate :lol:
Its no wonder we struggle to sign marque players
When a club's supporter base constantly bags it's own club and it's players who would want to come here
I should open up a shoe shop selling steel cap boots
You negative posters would make me a very rich man
You could buy my steel cap boots and sink the boot into all the players and staff

Like Manu from MKR said
If you haven't got anything nice to say
Don't say anything at all

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 9:42 am

wt00 wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 8:46 am
If I'm being honest with myself, I have concerns with our spine, which then gives me concerns where our points will come from.
Our forwards I'm not concerned about, I believe they can match it with most packs in the comp.
I have huge concerns with it.
I've never seen anything in Brooks or Liddle
Reynolds will need to return to his very best and i just can't see that happening in this team.
Tui???
Thompson ???

Outside of the spine
McQueen. Huge ??????????????
All of our potential wingers all have different concerns for me.
Masters at centre (just not sure its his position)
A little one about Packer, noticed him struggling getting to marker on a number of occasions and then struggling to get back in the line, maybe just pre season fitness.

Our defensive reads on the edges is probably still the biggest concern.

No concerns for
Twal, Eisenhuth, Matulino, Lawrence, ET, Milne, Rochow(he's impressed) and funnily enough the biggest Benji basher in the past has no concerns for Benji.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 9:47 am

I think it's because the list of bashee's has grown exponentially for you Tiger since Benji was here last..is all
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 9:54 am

Can Benji play for Brooks and 2019 get Cleary? Hah..

underdog

Post by underdog » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:03 am

Tell you what.

Injury to a couple of key Roosters Players, then we'll see who lacks talent.

Crook, JWH, Tedesco all go down and they are in serious depth trouble.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:07 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 9:41 am
hobbo wrote:
Cairnstigers wrote:
Anything is possible
Who would have thought the Cowboys would make last years grand final without Thurston and Scott

CARLTON’S comeback from 44 points down in the 1970 Grand Final against Collingwood proved what can happen when a team truly believes

ROB de Castella run down a couple of Kenyans in the 1982 Commonwealth Games marathon.

STEPHEN Bradbury winning gold in the 1000m speed skating at the 2002 Winter Olympics when his main rivals fell ahead of him.

Underdogs can win
I like a good story
When a club's supporter base constantly bags it's own club and it's players who would want to come here
You could buy my steel cap boots and sink the boot into all the players and staff

Like Manu from MKR said
Great to remain positive Cairnstigers but I can guarantee fans from other clubs would be reacting the same if their clubs were camped where we have been for a number of years.
We have been surviving on "next year it will be better" for too long, and clearly some of us are not buying the talk anymore, we want results. Rather than bagging our fans we all deserve medals for hanging in like we do.
Good to have some balance in the discussion but its going to get a whole lot uglier than this if things dont improve.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:23 am

formerguest wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 7:27 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 11:07 pm
Swordy wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:21 pm
I think there is a real chance that we might surprise a few. Im keen to see how its all working part way through the year. Its a tough first 6 weeks, the toughest of any team. Ill be interested to see how they deal with adversity and disappointment.

If anyone here doesnt think we are in a better position than we have been for the past few years, then id be surprised.

I dont subscribe to the 15th or 16th finishing position. Whilst we dont have the marquee player or two who will really demand attention, i do think there is enough to make a strong team who work hard and toil together. We have the best coach and management than we have had for years. We have the strong ashfield club behind us and even though im an ex balmain fan, that side of the venture has no right at the moment to destabilise or cause concern, therefore for the first time in many years, or direction is beginning to be forward from everyone.

I actually see strong results if we can stick to the plan. Final 8, just, in my opinion is a real chance.

Too many people calling the end already in my opinion. They may be proven right, but if they are, its because they guessed more than knew......if that makes sense.
Apart from signing Ivan, ( which they were forced into finding a new Coach and there wasnt a lot to choose from)( we probably got the best available) .what makes you think that our management is any better, than any of the basketcases that we've had previously.
Not having to shed players prior to the season to meet the cap would seem a good start point for comparison.
Shedding players is one thing , the real upside is when you import players who are better than the ones you let go, which remains to be seen. So far that isn’t the case, unless there’s a vast improvement

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:26 am

No one is bagging the Tigers, they are just telling it as they see it without the Tigers glasses on. I am as passionate as anyone when it comes to the Tigers, been a member for to long to remember, but I am also a realist and unless Cleary can find a whole new way of playing the game IMO he does not have the cattle to beat a lot of sides.

Although as we all know anything is possible so there is always room for positive vibes

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:35 am

If this was Rd8 and we were going like busteds I could understand. One disappointing trial and half the forum is headed for the exits...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:41 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
hobbo wrote:
Cairnstigers wrote:
Anything is possible

Underdogs can win
I like a good story

Like Manu from MKR said
We don’t struggle to attract players because we have some negative supporters, its much deeper than that.,

Somehow I can’t see a Johnathon Thurston sitting poring over offers,trying to decide where to go next year and throwing the WTs offer into the bin because of their darstardly supporters. :D

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:44 am

Willie Mason did..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:45 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
hobbo wrote:
Cairnstigers wrote:
Anything is possible

Underdogs can win
I like a good story

Like Manu from MKR said
Don't know about a shoe salesman - You should be a preacher - missed your vocation.
Then again they both have soles/souls. Lol

The posts are opinions - they don't have to be what you believe.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:57 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:45 am
Cairnstigers wrote:
hobbo wrote:
Cairnstigers wrote:
Anything is possible

Underdogs can win
I like a good story

Like Manu from MKR said
Don't know about a shoe salesman - You should be a preacher - missed your vocation.

I think Bradbury already used up all the miracles for this century. :D

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:59 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
hobbo wrote:
Cairnstigers wrote:
Anything is possible

Underdogs can win
I like a good story

Like Manu from MKR said
dont open up a shoe shop, you will go broke...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:00 am

It just seems most are resigned to failure before a ball is even kicked

Give Cleary and our players a chance before sinking the boot in again this year

Being negative towards people rarely results in good outcomes
Positive talk tends to be more productive
Being negative just gets people down
A couple of early wins will always help
Even being competitive in the first few games is better than getting flogged as some on here almost seem to be willing to happen
But this is a forum and we are all entitled to our opinion

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:01 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:57 am
Russell wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:45 am
Cairnstigers wrote:
hobbo wrote:

Like Manu from MKR said

I think Bradbury already used up all the miracles for this century. :D
Can Bradbury play footy ?
Sign him now !
....he'd get us over the line :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:13 am

Agree on our lack of attacking class atm but imo Cleary will want the forwards developing an offloadiing style of play increasing our minutes with the ball and wearing opponents down.
Recruitment seemed geared towards this we will see.
As for Marsters I like him but after last year's Easts game when he was beaten on the outside a couple of times don't think he has a future in the centers. Also class could develop from many of the younger guys so we will have to wait and see.