Brutal Reality - We lack talent

Wests Tigers Discussion
larrycorowa

Re: Brutal Reality - We lack talent

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:16 am

That’s the only conclusion you can draw from that trial performance. Our forwards are going to have to be much more dominant for us to have a chance. Disappointed we didn’t try to exploit some of the good charges and quick play the balls, seems we were waiting for a backlog be play but this just gives the opposition the chance to regroup. They looked fitter, stronger, more experience and more organised. But it’s only a trial and as noted we need quicker service from dh.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:36 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:00 am
It just seems most are resigned to failure before a ball is even kicked

Give Cleary and our players a chance before sinking the boot in again this year

Being negative towards people rarely results in good outcomes
Positive talk tends to be more productive
Being negative just gets people down
A couple of early wins will always help
Even being competitive in the first few games is better than getting flogged as some on here almost seem to be willing to happen
But this is a forum and we are all entitled to our opinion
I would suggest not logging into the forum after a real Competition loss..or a win for that matter..perhaps best not to log in at all..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:59 am

Yossarian wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:35 am
If this was Rd8 and we were going like busteds I could understand. One disappointing trial and half the forum is headed for the exits...
Agreed.

I watched the game live with a Roosters supporter. First half he thought it might be long season. Second half he changed his mind was actually impressed with style of football. Power running. Physical defence etc

I saw it the same way.
Its an opinion!

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:01 pm

Let me ask this question and I would like you all to be honest in your answer

Would you go work for a company if everyone was saying it is going broke or it's a sh_t hole to work for

Now
How is that question different to telling everyone we are going to come last or are no hope to make the 8

If potential new recruits read this stuff they will take the better offer every time And we will miss out yet again

And that doesn't always mean better pay
It is great to be passionate about the club
I just don't believe being negative helps us in any way

Yes we need some elite players
We still have 1.4 million to spend
Who really knows who Ivan is talking to

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:04 pm

The OP is right. We have by far the least talented squad in the NRL, with no X factor. But talent doesn't always win games.
Our pack will dominate most which will give us the chance. The problem then is the lack of a playmaker, our atrocious kicking game and the lack of pace. But we have power if not pace.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:08 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:01 pm

Would you go work for a company if everyone was saying it is going broke or it's a sh_t hole to work for

Now
How is that question different to telling everyone we are going to come last or are no hope to make the 8

If potential new recruits read this stuff they will take the better offer every time And we will miss out yet again

You do realise this forum is nothing more than some fantasy land opinion based discussion point... Potential employees/recruits wouldnt be looking on here for a review of the club.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:21 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:04 pm
The OP is right. We have by far the least talented squad in the NRL, with no X factor. But talent doesn't always win games.
Our pack will dominate most which will give us the chance. The problem then is the lack of a playmaker, our atrocious kicking game and the lack of pace. But we have power if not pace.

Exactly how i see it BB.....could Bunji be our x factor?

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:25 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:36 am
Cairnstigers wrote:

Even being competitive in the first few games is better than getting flogged as some on here almost seem to be willing to happen
I would suggest not logging into the forum after a real Competition loss..or a win for that matter..perhaps best not to log in at all..
:lol:
No more plodders!
:sign:

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:47 pm

Common guys we've had two trials with two different starting line ups,we're not going to win every game we have a very hard start to the season as long as we're competitive and put in each week cant ask for much more. You're either ON THE BUS OR GET OFF BEFORE WE START ROLLING

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:55 pm

yeah no thanks... I'll walk :roll:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Post by 851 » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 1:07 pm

underdog wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:03 am
Tell you what.

Injury to a couple of key Roosters Players, then we'll see who lacks talent.

Crook, JWH, Tedesco all go down and they are in serious depth trouble.
How good would that be :pray:
Go hard or go home

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 1:33 pm

I think we have a talented forward pack - maybe a bit thin on the edges, but plenty of good middle fwds.
Brooks is a concern, as is the uncertainty at FB.
I think we're a back or two short - hopefully we can get another body in.

We're not going to win the comp this year, but there's enough in the squad as it is to get into the 8. There's a few teams that are chock full of talent, and then huge questions marks over the other dozen or so.
I expect we'll have a tough start, given both the draw and the amount of new signings starting out, but Cleary will have them going well sooner rather than later. Keep the faith.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 2:20 pm

I hate negativity as much as the next guy but I don't need positivity shoved down my neck if I don't believe it or its not warranted.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion (you are starting to get that fact Cairnstigers).

If you think players we are apparently interested in signing e.g. RTS, Moylan etc. come on our Forum to see if there is any negativity and if there is, wouldn't sign - you are having yourself on mate.

Everyone knows they ring Happy to see if they should or shouldn't. Lol

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 2:31 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:

It wouldn't matter if you continually poured fluid into the glass of some as it would remain half empty regardless.

Post by 2041 » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 2:50 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:

Mate I don't think anything that gets said on here is going to affect the players' performance one way or another.

I doubt anyone who's nervous about the quality of this squad wants them to go badly. I know for myself that I'd dearly love this team to turn out to be the little engine that could, running out a steady stream of backs-against-the-wall 10-8 wins and securing a premiership against the odds. Hell, I'd love to see them win 50-0 every week and stroll to the title undefeated.

But it's also not wrong to look at what's in the squad and have some pretty significant concerns. Specifically, I just don't see how anyone can argue with the idea that it doesn't look like the squad has a lot of points in it. As other posters have said, where are the game breakers? We have nothing to speak of in edge back row, extremely uninspiring halves and it's looking like we might not even play our genuine x-factor in the backs (Lolohea). Who is there who is going to scare other sides? I just don't see it. If you're saying it's Aloai or someone like that I'm afraid you're dreaming.

I'd dearly love to be proved wrong. I'm not basing this on one trial performance. And I'm not going to turn on the coach. I certainly like to think the defence is going to be a lot better in 2018 - though the thought that we're still going to be running out Naiqama and Nofo doesn't help my confidence even on that score. But it just seems palpably obvious that we're either going to have to win a lot of games 16-12 or we're going to lose a lot of games 18-10. And in those matches where it's 12-all with 10 minutes to go I just don't have a lot of confidence that we're going to win more than we lose.

Basically, it seems to me that hoping this side is going to be a lot better than it has been for the past couple of years depends more on blind faith than anything else. In other words, through some combination of coaching and secret sauce a bunch of players need to be better than we've seen with our own eyes that they have been over multiple seasons. Because the cattle as it stands isn't any better than what we've had. If we're lucky, Matulino and Packer = Woods and Seumanafagai. Reynolds isn't as good as Moses. Lolohea or, seriously I can't believe I'm saying this, Thompson aren't on the same planet as Tedesco. And the other additions are no better than solid first grade standard.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 2:53 pm

If club supporters behaviour weighed on the minds of players, the Bulldogs would never be able to field a team.

You can just imagine RTS

"Wow the money i'm being offered is great, and i can really see the club challenging for a premiership. But the posters on their forum are so negative and mean. Nevermind"

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 2:59 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:01 pm

Now

Well for Gods sake spend it on someone who has something that’s a rare thing around here.... Speed!!!
You know, when people move quickly over the ground, remember it??

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 26 Feb, 2018 3:03 pm

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:47 pm
Common guys we've had two trials with two different starting line ups,we're not going to win every game we have a very hard start to the season as long as we're competitive and put in each week cant ask for much more. You're either ON THE BUS OR GET OFF BEFORE WE START ROLLING
The Bus is in for modifications, they had to widen the door so LoLo could get on : :D