Re: Brutal Reality - We lack talent

Post by The Patriot » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:29 pm
Eddie wrote:
Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:14 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 01 Mar, 2018 7:57 pm
My god some of you need to get over the criticism leveled at Jason Taylor. He was all talk and couldnt deliver.

Instead of sharpening the knives build a bridge.

Cleary has already changed the culture more than Taylor ever did. Long term we are in a very good place because of the changes he has already made.
There are a few people here that clearly cant get over it.

And instead of talking directly about it they talk through Cleary and will jump on him with any failures to try and justify their JT love without directing mentioning JT.

JT won't be returning to the NRL any time soon as a Head Coach. If Ivan got turfed from here I reckon he would still get offers elsewhere as a HC.
I’m not jumping on him, I’m a big fan. I said years ago he was the most underrated coach in the game. Who else has ever gotten anything out of the Warriors. But there is a lot of hypocracy atm. When the former coach was here, everyone was adamant that he was the reason we could not attract anyone. Despite the fact we didn’t have two sticks to rub together. Cleary had the whole cap at his disposal the day he was appointed. Of course he was better off in that regard.
Just excuse after excuse

Just admit your man was a failure and move on
Its an opinion!

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:42 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:36 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Eddie wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
My god some of you need to get over the criticism leveled at Jason Taylor. He was all talk and couldnt deliver.

Cleary has already changed the culture more than Taylor ever did. Long term we are in a very good place because of the changes he has already made.

And instead of talking directly about it they talk through Cleary and will jump on him with any failures to try and justify their JT love without directing mentioning JT.

JT won't be returning to the NRL any time soon as a Head Coach. If Ivan got turfed from here I reckon he would still get offers elsewhere as a HC.
I’m not jumping on him, I’m a big fan. I said years ago he was the most underrated coach in the game. Who else has ever gotten anything out of the Warriors. But there is a lot of hypocracy atm. When the former coach was here, everyone was adamant that he was the reason we could not attract anyone. Despite the fact we didn’t have two sticks to rub together. Cleary had the whole cap at his disposal the day he was appointed. Of course he was better off in that regard.
Just excuse after excuse

Not entirely. He got rid of Farah!!! Bwahahaha
Now, fight fight fight fight.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:44 pm

Cleary doesnt create drama JT on the other hand surrounds himself in it pours petrol on it and sets it alight.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:45 pm

Telltails wrote:
Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:44 pm
Cleary doesnt create drama JT on the other hand surrounds himself in it pours petrol on it and sets it alight.
:lol: this is accurate
No more plodders!
:sign:

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:46 pm

Someone should start a thread on the Farah situation . . . . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Its an opinion!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:50 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:36 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Eddie wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Just excuse after excuse

You really believe I thought he was a success? Saying anything remotely defending JT, or offering a different take on the circumstances why he failed is seen as being a JT lover. Of course he failed. Our defence was still atrocious the day left. So what if he made “outlandish” statements. He was trying to turn the club around wasn’t he? No idea why he gets criticised for it. It’s like some believe he was here to sabotage the place. The hate for him was personal for a lot of people.

Before I finish, let me restate from my previous post, I have always been a fan of Cleary, and was immediately on board the day he took over. Any perceived criticism I have given him has nothing to do with him. It’s the the sudden change of tune some people on here have suddenly taken. Bagging the squad, yet not the guy who put it together. Or what he said after the Sharks trial. JT would have been run out on a rail. Granted, Cleary has not gotten the supporters noses out of joint remotely close to the way JT did, but it is early in his tenure and our supporters are fickle. A few team lists get named and the fire breathers will be warming up I’m sure.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:51 pm

In all seriousness.

Jason Taylor showed exactly who he was and what he would have done with a full salary cap when he went all in on Moses Suli.

Keep in mind we are only just getting to know the real Suli now. Taylor knew him well and saw him day to day, could look him in the eye and saw he reacted with his team mates etc.

After this he invested heavily in this guy.

All the while telling us he was going to change our poor culture.

No matter how much you talk eventually your words catch up to you and your actions come into focus.

Thank god He never got his hands on a full salary cap.
Its an opinion!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:55 pm

This threads comin to an end methinks

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 9:03 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:55 pm
This threads comin to an end methinks
it's needs more Anasta to keep it relevant.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 9:30 pm

Fitzhenry was the original forum exploder.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 10:21 pm

For crying out loud!!! Taylor is gone. Cleary is here. Season starts in 1 week. Let’s move on. Go Tigers!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

GB6905

Post by GB6905 » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi guys I am new to the forum but have read your comments for years

Time to face reality. We might not have the best roster ever and not the greatest talent ever bought to the club. But one thing I always have is hope and I wear my heart on my sleeve.

I too are disappointed in results but never the less a fan till I die. What disappointments me the most is the negativity see people give our team already.

Let's give them a chance to show their best.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 11:09 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 01 Mar, 2018 8:33 pm
Eddie wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Its so obvious Eddie.

Thing is Cleary has never put down the club, he has never made outlandish statements that he cant back up and as far as i know he has not said one bad thing about Jason Taylor.

We have a much classier coach this time.
I think Potter should have been able to run the team the way he wanted and the same with Taylor

I hope Cleary succeeds , I just think Taylor is the Daniel Fitzhenry of coaches on here , that's all

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 11:46 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:49 pm
So at what point do the knives come out for Cleary? As Geo said, he assembled this team with an entire salary cap at his disposal.
We will basically have a new team in 2018. Anybody expecting big things in year 1 of an almost total revamp is kidding themselves. You were happy to be very patient with JT, hypocrisy all over your post.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 02 Mar, 2018 12:20 am

GB6905 wrote:
Thu 01 Mar, 2018 10:58 pm
Hi guys I am new to the forum but have read your comments for years

Time to face reality. We might not have the best roster ever and not the greatest talent ever bought to the club. But one thing I always have is hope and I wear my heart on my sleeve.

I too are disappointed in results but never the less a fan till I die. What disappointments me the most is the negativity see people give our team already.

Let's give them a chance to show their best.
Welcome, I also took years to start posting here.

I have hope for this year.. like every year as everyone else here has but there is no point asking people not to be negative. Many do bring up valid points and after all the drama on and off the field over the years I don't blame them. If everyone agreed it would be boring. Just look at the pick the round 1 team thread, everyone has different teams unlike last year.

I hope the team can hit the ground running and smash the roosters next week with our beefed up pack. It wont be pretty but I will take a win or a really bruised up Roosters team. :pray:

If all else fails you can just block people 8-)

barra

Post by barra » Sat 03 Mar, 2018 2:52 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Thu 01 Mar, 2018 3:14 pm
Gamble, lol, who would have thought one try in the last 15 minutes of a trial against qld cup standard opposition would mean so much?
Ah well mate I think some of us see something in his style and size. More than just the trial though.

That and being really concerned about our starting halves!