Dt article how ivan cleaned up wt.

Wests Tigers Discussion
Telltails

Re: Dt article how ivan cleaned up wt.

Post by Telltails » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 12:07 pm

Its a results based game Ivan knows that.If they are camped down the bottom of the ladder without showing signs of improvement he will feel the heat just like those before him. Its all rosy atm but things can turn very quickly once the comp starts especially if you are losing.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 12:07 pm

Glennb wrote:
Sun 04 Mar, 2018 11:49 am
God I hope Ivan isnt the next mick Potter. Potter also had started cleaning the joint out, we was the first to turn on the hose, but when he wasnt backed by stunning results, back stabbers got rid of him..

I realise many of the stabbers are gone now, but it is unrealistic that we are going to have instant results and i hope ivan is ranted the time to turn things around.
I have to agree Glennb,if only Potter could have had the same then as Ivan has now,I honestly think he would of been great for us...what we can say about him is that he truly was the start of the big cleanout that is now happening..
Ivan could very well repay us with a tremendous season 2018,time will tell....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 12:11 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sun 04 Mar, 2018 12:04 pm
Glennb wrote:
God I hope Ivan isnt the next mick Potter. Potter also had started cleaning the joint out, we was the first to turn on the hose, but when he wasnt backed by stunning results, back stabbers got rid of him..

I realise many of the stabbers are gone now, but it is unrealistic that we are going to have instant results and i hope ivan is ranted the time to turn things around.
I hope people aren't expecting instant results. You can't turn a 15th placed side into a premiership force in 1 off-season. We'll get there but its gonna take 2 or 3 seasons.
I guess not unless you are the Sharks or the Roosters...both went form near bottom of the table to the pointy end within an off season in recent times..

I guess we have mediocrity ingrained after years an years of waiting..for 'next year'
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 12:38 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 04 Mar, 2018 12:11 pm
Tacky wrote:
Glennb wrote:

I hope people aren't expecting instant results. You can't turn a 15th placed side into a premiership force in 1 off-season. We'll get there but its gonna take 2 or 3 seasons.
I guess not unless you are the Sharks or the Roosters...both went form near bottom of the table to the pointy end within an off season in recent times..

I guess we have mediocrity ingrained after years an years of waiting..for 'next year'
Both of those were special circumstances.

Sharks had the ASADA thing and lost half their squad and their coach.

Roosters had the whole Pearce dog thing and lost RTS and Minichello in the off-season. They also had some pretty big injuries.

We're going through yet another rebuild after the last failed one. In the article Cleary even says something to the effect of We need talent.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 12:46 pm

wt00 wrote:
Sun 04 Mar, 2018 10:16 am
Enough fluff articles... Bring on R1!!
x1

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 12:49 pm

It is good to see that it the coach has control of the team now and that player managers arnt running things and controlling our image in the media.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 12:58 pm

Was able to find this one for dogs forum. Dog fan turning on reynolds big time. That was fast.

Josh Reynolds opens up about what it is like to be coached by Ivan Cleary after Des Hasler

JOSH Reynolds has opened up about what it is like to be coached by the “relaxed” Ivan Cleary after his days with Des Hasler.

And while the Wests Tigers recruit clearly hasn’t forgiven Canterbury for their lack of “respect”, what is also obvious is that Reynolds doesn’t miss some of the mind games he left behind.

Asked what it was like to be coached by Cleary, Reynolds’ response was interesting.

“He just lets you do your thing which is good,” Reynolds said.

“He might have a word here and there.

“But from where I have come from, game day usually for me was the best day but before it was really hard.

“Now with Ivan I just feel a lot more relaxed. He lets you relax. As a player, I need to relax. You can think about the game but not constantly. He doesn’t hound you. He lets you be yourself.

CULTURE: How Cleary cleaned up Tigers

PREVIEW: Stability ahead with Dogs’ shuffle to pay off

Josh Reynolds says he is more relaxed under coach Ivan Cleary.
“I have been here with Ivan for only four or five months but ever since the first meeting we had I just knew that he was a straight shooter. He won’t beat around the bush. He will tell you exactly what he thinks and I like that.

“Sometimes in life you get people or coaches or coaching staff who will tell you are going good for the wrong reasons.

“But Ivan will actually tell you what you need to work on, or if you are going good.

“He has been really good and I am sure our relationship as coach and player can just grow.”

Reynolds said it wasn’t that the Bulldogs didn’t offer him a deal to stay, it’s the way they went about it that still hurts.

“I won’t lie, they did offer me a contract,” Reynolds said.

“I won’t go too far into it but I felt I put a fair bit into that club.

“I am not the greatest player in the world.

“But it is not the money. It is just a bit of respect.

“Whoever made that decision, it was a bit of a kick in the guts. But that is just how it goes these days. Now I am looking ahead.

“I am being brutally honest. When it happened I was shattered.

James Graham and Josh Reynolds greet the crowd after their last game for the Bulldogs.
“But I honestly can say that I have made the right decision.”

At 28, Reynolds has joined the Tigers on a four-year deal but feels he has plenty of “good years in me”.

“I really do,” he said.

“I feel like I know the game a lot better now. I am never going to lose what I have in the energy. But I just feel in a game sense I am learning a lot more from a guy like Benji and just people around the club.”

While the Tigers have an extremely tough start to the 2018 season, playing all the top four teams from last year including Melbourne twice in the opening five rounds, Reynolds did not offer up any excuses.

“I hate playing a victim,” he said.

“I really don’t like people who play the victim. I still talk to a couple of the Doggies’ boys, their start is tough.

“I was speaking to Luke Lewis last week, the Sharks have to go to Townsville.

“Is that an easy start?

“You can either go into round one and say if we win, maybe ... stuff that.

“Let’s go in against all their gun players and who knows what’s going to happen.”

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 1:02 pm

Player x arrives at new club and praises new coach.

Nothing to see here.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 1:08 pm

Tacky wrote:
Sun 04 Mar, 2018 12:38 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tacky wrote:
Glennb wrote:

Roosters had the whole Pearce dog thing and lost RTS and Minichello in the off-season. They also had some pretty big injuries.

We're going through yet another rebuild after the last failed one. In the article Cleary even says something to the effect of We need talent.
Oh OK..... sounds like excuses to me but don't worry she'll be right in a couple of years said someone in 2006..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 2:27 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 04 Mar, 2018 10:09 am
I’ve seen a few with Matulino on their bench behind Twal. No chance in hell. Matulino will be one of our best this year.
Packer or Matulino it wouldn't worry me either way , but we need experience coming off the bench at those crucial stages in those first six games

hAnd I'd start with Grant over Twal , Having Twal and Matulino/Packer coming off the bench will help with our go forward and enthusiasm

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 2:44 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 04 Mar, 2018 1:08 pm
Tacky wrote:
Sun 04 Mar, 2018 12:38 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tacky wrote:

Oh OK..... sounds like excuses to me but don't worry she'll be right in a couple of years said someone in 2006..
I'll continue my blind optimism
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 3:06 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I always see players rush in from everywhere with congratulatory high fives and back slapping every time one of their own forces a turnover in a tackle - it's nothing new, even the supposedly fractured Wests Tigers team did it last season.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 3:19 pm

Tacky wrote:
Glennb wrote:

I'm with you. I kinda see the top 16 as 4 groups.
Bottom 4 (where we were)
Lower 9-12 (what I expect this year).
Outer 5-8 (what I am hoping for).
Top 4 side (where I want us to be in 2-3 years).

We have 1 superstar who is a little old in Marshall. We will not be a top 4 side. I don't mean to niggle us, but we are just not up to the STORM or Cronulla level yet (somehow we beat the Cows, go figure), were just not there.
However we do have a good team with reasonably strong forwards. They should push us past the bottom 4, maybe past the bottom 8 if Brooks and Tui really shine. A top 4 side is going to take 3 seasons... I am optimistic though were building a strong side.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 4:23 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 04 Mar, 2018 10:09 am
I’ve seen a few with Matulino on their bench behind Twal. No chance in hell. Matulino will be one of our best this year.
I think he'll be our best prop but I would start with him on the bench. It has nothing to do with him being "behind" Twal, it's just where I think he'd work best. If anything those minutes either side of half time are even more important than the opening for this team given the capitulations we tend to have then.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 5:53 pm

colmcd wrote:
Sun 04 Mar, 2018 3:19 pm
Tacky wrote:
Glennb wrote:

I'm with you. I kinda see the top 16 as 4 groups.
Bottom 4 (where we were)
Lower 9-12 (what I expect this year).
Outer 5-8 (what I am hoping for).
Top 4 side (where I want us to be in 2-3 years).

We have 1 superstar who is a little old in Marshall. We will not be a top 4 side. I don't mean to niggle us, but we are just not up to the STORM or Cronulla level yet (somehow we beat the Cows, go figure), were just not there.
However we do have a good team with reasonably strong forwards. They should push us past the bottom 4, maybe past the bottom 8 if Brooks and Tui really shine. A top 4 side is going to take 3 seasons... I am optimistic though were building a strong side.
I agree to an extent, I think if we are a united group all year and touch wood have an injury free season then we may just crack into the eight, We missed out by one game 2 years ago with all the bull$#@t with Taylor and Farah going on, I definitley beleive we a strong chance of finals this year.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 7:51 pm

What’s this rebuild crap?
For many seasons now we have lost more talent than we’ve brought in.

Didn’t Marina Go say 3 years ago that our salary cap dramas wouldn’t be fixed until 2018?

You can’t rebuild if there’s no cap money to bring in decent players.

This year, as I see it, is the start of a ‘normal’ season where we have a reasonable SQUAD and a well qualified coach. If coach Cleary is re-signed in 3 years then the crap we have deservedly copped from the media over the years is done and dusted.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 7:59 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Sun 04 Mar, 2018 7:51 pm
What’s this rebuild crap?
For many seasons now we have lost more talent than we’ve brought in.

Didn’t Marina Go say 3 years ago that our salary cap dramas wouldn’t be fixed until 2018?

You can’t rebuild if there’s no cap money to bring in decent players.

This year, as I see it, is the start of a ‘normal’ season where we have a reasonable SQUAD and a well qualified coach. If coach Cleary is re-signed in 3 years then the crap we have deservedly copped from the media over the years is done and dusted.
I don’t get it either. What are we rebuilding this year? It’s the first year in about 5 years we are operating with an evenly spread cap. We could definitely benefit from one or two marquee players, but so could a lot of clubs. This is not a rebuilding year.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 11:07 pm

6 days till kick off yeeeew!!!