Breaking down the Tigers halves

Wests Tigers Discussion
Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 10:31 am

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/07/bre ... rs-halves/

NRL.com chief reporter Michael Chammas sits down with Wests Tigers halves duo Luke Brooks and Josh Reynolds to analyse the best and worst of their games
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 10:33 am

Nice insight..

Some honesty from Brooks and Reynolds...

I'm liking grubs influence...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 11:50 am

Liked Brooks' honesty, hopefully he's done some in-depth analysis on his game and understands where he needs to improve. Reynolds will benefit hugely from playing either side of the ruck also.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 11:54 am

jrtiger wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 11:50 am
Liked Brooks' honesty, hopefully he's done some in-depth analysis on his game and understands where he needs to improve. Reynolds will benefit hugely from playing either side of the ruck also.
x2
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 12:43 pm

I'm not first to say this, but Grub will be great for Brooks. Acknowledges the mistakes but builds his confidence.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 1:23 pm

Title should have read 'breaking down the deficiency of L Brooks' and we only saw snipetts as well.
Hope he turns things around, but we'll soon see.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 1:26 pm

If ever a player has set himself up for a fall. No more excuses D-Day have arrived. Make us proud of our halfback.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 1:36 pm

Hopefully J.Reynolds can do what he did in the Blues last series victory, negate the effectiveness of Cronk like he did with J.Thurston. Get in there, make a pest of himself and put him off his game.

And ditto for Luke Brooks, if ever a half is going to be feeling pressure this year, it's going to be him. Good luck to him

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 6:23 pm

Love this and no matter what I am proud of our Halfback, he is a good human being.

Luke Brooks showed last year during the snore four fiasco that he had integrity and character and here again he shows that. He is humble and knows his limitiations and I am confident he will be doing his best.

Contrast this with Mitchell Moses and the way he dogged it last couple of rounds, and he would NEVER be this honest about himself on camera.

That being said, Brooks needs to learn some last tackle plays but NO MATTER WHAT becomes of him this year and in his career, my opinion of him will always be that he is a great bloke who tried his best and that is enough for me.

Also really warming to Reynolds. I can see him being good for Brooks, this group, this team, this club.

trafford10

Post by trafford10 » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 6:24 pm

I will be intetested to see how Reynolds goes this season.
Besides running sideways to the bank nothing else is certain.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 6:27 pm

Really enjoyed that, good to see that level of insight. thanks for sharing

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 8:03 pm

Interesting and honest assessment hopefully Luke takes that into the games. I think Josh’s openness about his own ability will let Luke focus on his strengths a little more and really develop as a footballer. First thing is being honest with yourself and working out what you need to do.

ancient magpie

Post by ancient magpie » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 8:30 pm

Anybody know where Aloiai has gone .Hes not in either team is he injured.Also anybody have a clue when Jacob Liddle is likely to resurface Ive heard everything from round 4 to indefinite.Hope somebody knows something more definate cause i think were going to need him this year but im a bit worried about his shoulders

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 8:33 pm

ancient magpie wrote:
Wed 07 Mar, 2018 8:30 pm
Anybody know where Aloiai has gone .Hes not in either team is he injured.Also anybody have a clue when Jacob Liddle is likely to resurface Ive heard everything from round 4 to indefinite.Hope somebody knows something more definate cause i think were going to need him this year but im a bit worried about his shoulders
Aloiai is out injured. I think someone on the forum said it will be for 3 weeks.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 9:01 pm

Just watched it. Certainly not a fluff piece. Congrats to all involved in producing quality content. These sort of things have been really lacking in League before now.
I guess what made this for me was there was no tacky post production apart from simple editing. It gave League junkies what they are craving...honest content. With no Slothfield style sensationalism or inside scoops or footy show dribble.
The journo wasn't just having a go either, he wasn't nasty just honest and the players responded well.
This and the short film looking into WestsTigers preseason are both a step in the right direction. May the trend continue rather than doing the same old.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

weststigersbob

Post by weststigersbob » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 4:25 pm

There is a very distinct difference in what we saw in this analysis and what we saw in the 2 trials, especially the 1st half against the Sharks.
In this analysis, it’s always Brooks on the left edge, Reynolds on the right edge (admittedly for different clubs).
However against the Sharks, It was Brooks 1st receiver, Reynolds 2nd on BOTH sides of the ruck.
Sure, it looked clunky at times and Cronulla cottoned on to the fact on 5th tackle that the ball was following Brooks, but with a bit of practice, plus a few option plays (Lolohea, Benji, ET etc) to give opposition defences a bit to think about - it should work better than the super rigid structure we’ve tried for the last 3 years....

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 5:07 pm

weststigersbob wrote:
Thu 08 Mar, 2018 4:25 pm
There is a very distinct difference in what we saw in this analysis and what we saw in the 2 trials, especially the 1st half against the Sharks.
In this analysis, it’s always Brooks on the left edge, Reynolds on the right edge (admittedly for different clubs).
However against the Sharks, It was Brooks 1st receiver, Reynolds 2nd on BOTH sides of the ruck.
Sure, it looked clunky at times and Cronulla cottoned on to the fact on 5th tackle that the ball was following Brooks, but with a bit of practice, plus a few option plays (Lolohea, Benji, ET etc) to give opposition defences a bit to think about - it should work better than the super rigid structure we’ve tried for the last 3 years....
Nice analysis there bob. I was at the game but with very flat viewing angles on the sidleine it's harder to see those shapes.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 8:57 pm

How good is it to see stuff like this, more of this stuff please. Very honest questions and answers