It doesn't get any easier

Wests Tigers Discussion
Roar Power

Re: It doesn't get any easier

Post by Roar Power » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 2:44 pm

Need to shut down Munster.

Wa Mag/Tig

Post by Wa Mag/Tig » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 11:54 pm

Im not 100% sure but i think we go well v storm. Can't make yesterday's todays i know. I Loved our game on Saturday and i think we can only improve. Love my West Tigers from far far away in WA!. Bring it on boys😎😎😎😎

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 2:30 am

realistic Expectations Please Guys

We had a good win against one of the favourites in round 1.

TBH They lost it more than we won it.

Our Team spirit is there and the D was great by Tigers recent standards but I am very very worried about the fact that it seemed difficult to threaten the line.

Melbourne @ Melbourne is infinitely hard as the will not be complacent like Teddys roosters were.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 6:29 am

There will have to be some serious radical overhaul of our attack for us to trouble the Storms defence....we asked few questions last week, still, frustrating - spoiling defence can force the opposition into doing things they dont want to do with the ball...if we can improve on last weeks defense then who knows?

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 9:07 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 2:36 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 11:08 am
The Dogs were in the game for a long time last night. If they can go toe to toe, so can we.
100%. I didn’t think the storm looked very polished at all.
Munster won it for them with those two tries he set up, broke the game. The two halves were adequate without being great. Croft must be giving away 15 kg to Cronk, he's a little fellow for sure.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 9:16 am

Munster was really good, and when the storm wingers get through the line they score more often than not. They have speed to burn.

I did notice their defence wasn't as clinical as usual, croft needs to be a target he made some errors in the line and when the dogs put pressure on him. Also Ado car does rush off the line very often when defending and could be exploited.

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 10:52 am

Going to be a good test of how we contain their backline, due to the amount of speed they possess. Naiqama marking Chambers is a very scary thought.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 1:20 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 7:44 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:00 am
Great win by the team today , truly inspirational

Just realized that because Slater didn't play this week that if he plays next round it will be his 300th game

Storm are scary good with big celebration games

I'll be honest , I reckon we are still a big chance , Storm showed they haven't got their bus in full swing just yet
You think so Capt Obvious... :roll:

Storm easily accounted for the Dogs at 33.33%..
Storm cruised home by 20 points or there abouts.
Layed on five tries, have played 4 trial games including world club challenge and the Smith/Thurston game and are the current premiers.
Everyone’s a chance every week but this week for us is harder than last week.
The storm are a smart football team, if we are to win we need to play smart football also.
Keeping Tedesco out of the game by driving the ball into touch is smart football, It’ll be interesting to see Ivan’s tactics put in place over the next few months.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 1:39 pm

I think the Storm, in Melbourne will be too steep of a task. I'll be happy as long as we can back the same commitment in defence. I am very confident the couple weeks after this weekend, playing the Broncos and Parra. They are very winnable games.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 1:43 pm

Hmmmmm ...... much more difficult assignment.
Can not see a win in Melbourne.
As long as we put up a competitive performance and no points blow out .... I’ll be happy.
Not being negative just realistic.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 2:35 pm

Rugby League is a confidence game....the more confident the better the play....

don't let us kid ourselves the Storm will be very,very hard to beat down there,however our guys will take a heap of confidence with them after the great win over the Rorters..and the boys will give the fans a great sight...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 2:45 pm

Our first goal was to stiffen defence - tick. Second goal was to play for 80 minutes - tick.
Third goal is to be consistent on a weekly basis - ..............
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 2:53 pm

I disagree. We usually give the Storm a really hard time and are easily bowled over by the Rorters. Well, we changed half of that on Saturday and we need to maintain the other half - the Storm can definitely be put off their game with a fast moving relentless defense. We have proven that in the past.
If we can repeat our defensive efforts of Saturday, I see no reason we can't bustle them into some errors which is where we may be able to scramble a try or two. Our offloads will also test them.
I don't think the Storm are as good as they were last year without Cronk and particularly McLean.
It'll be tough, we'll start as rank outsiders, but I give us a chance.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 3:08 pm

As the previous poster said, we usually have ding dong battles with the Storm, so of course we have a chance, but its the speed thing that keeps haunting me. In or case lack of speed and in there case its the amount of speed they have.

We will be competitive, but once again the Storms speed and class will give them the bacon

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 4:43 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 2:10 pm
Seantice wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 1:45 pm
Just get an edge forward to run at brodie croft all day. He cant tackld to save himself.

Storm are beatable this year.

If we can snag 2-3 wins in the first 6 rounds we have a shot for the 8 because our last ten rounds are wll winnable games.
Brooks wasn't great in attack yesterday but both our halves defenders well. We will hammer the Storms Middle . If Cameron Smith starts turning our players around gaps might open up. Our scrabble was very good yesterday. Cammy will be up to his old tricks.
I think Cam Smith actually struggled with Farah, hence our better record with the Storm. Smith is just such a dominant Hooker, he gets in people's faces and attacks in defense. I think Farah, Friend maybe Josh McGuire can almost go toe to toe with him but everyone else just gets stomped*. So I think we should put Elijah Taylor or McKillwrick in as Hooker for that game, I can't see anyone else getting Smith.

*not really toe to toe, but at least in the contest.
yeti wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 2:53 pm
I disagree. We usually give the Storm a really hard time and are easily bowled over by the Rorters. Well, we changed half of that on Saturday and we need to maintain the other half - the Storm can definitely be put off their game with a fast moving relentless defense. We have proven that in the past.
If we can repeat our defensive efforts of Saturday, I see no reason we can't bustle them into some errors which is where we may be able to scramble a try or two. Our offloads will also test them.
I don't think the Storm are as good as they were last year without Cronk and particularly McLean.
It'll be tough, we'll start as rank outsiders, but I give us a chance.
The Storm have shown that Croft and others can be shaken. They will miss McLean, but they do have some big boppers. These next 3 weeks will start to show if our defense has any gaps and coaches will start picking up where we are weak. Very tough game for us, possible but not likely.

Post by 851 » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 4:51 pm

Roar Power wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 2:44 pm
Need to shut down Munster.
Munster will be a lesser threat at 5/8th, sounds weird but I hope Slater plays
Go hard or go home

The Old Fox

Post by The Old Fox » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 5:47 pm

Go back two weeks and we'd love to imagine ourselves 2 wins from 4 going into the 5th round.... we need to win one in the next three to be there.