Geo. wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 8:52 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 8:02 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 7:52 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 7:49 am

Not really MWZ fault, he was stranded in no mans land because his inside man left him posted on his own.
Like we haven't seen that before...I'm not blaming MWZ either...defence in about working together as a unit...

Yet when it's Nofoaluma ...hmmmm
It's happened to our wingers for years. Richards, Koro, they've all copped it.
Of course they have does not make it right...blaming any winger ignores the bigger issue with defending as a unit on an edge...If they get trampled by the opposition wing on the way to the tryline ..different story...

lol at happy..If Cleary wanted him out he wouldn't have increased his offer and just let him go to Parra..
Naiqama needed to stay out , trusted in Brooks to make the tackle , Naiqama would of been far better off blindsiding Ferguson from outside in if he was to come in , much like Benji did with Tedesco , and then hoping the cover can scramble and cut the move off

Defence is all about choosing the right options and definitely not choosing the wrong options , of all the options Naiqama chose the worst one available

willow

Post by willow » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 9:23 am

Let's face it, Kev is going to have a few of those games where his defensive reads are just shocking, then he'll jag a game and have a blinder. I think he's at his most consistent at fullback, but I don't see a need to move Lolo out of there. Wouldn't mind seeing Milne get a start in the centres though.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 2:29 pm

Kev’s got too many errors in him for a fullback. Let’s face it Kev is a reserve grader.

It was great to see nofo smiling and leading the team song. He will be back in first grade soon. Maybe the decision to drop nofo was linked to the need to find a place for a kicker. Wonder how Thompson would go in the centres?

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 2:33 pm

Hats off to Ronnie Palmer. You can see old mate's polish affecting the team already

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 2:48 pm

Onthebus wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 7:06 am
He will be back before you know it
I’m not so sure. Neither wingers did anything wrong yesterday to open up a spot for Nofa. Also, I thought Fonua had some strong carries and I think if his defence improves he will be in the mix. Maybe a spot will open up if Kev gets dropped, but Milne will probably take that spot.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 3:16 pm

Not sure how Nofa gets back in the team unless Lolo is dropped :(

Patts

Post by Patts » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 3:16 pm

Nofa had a mixed day for the Magpies yesterday. Yes he scored a couple of tries but he made a number of unforced errors as well. Based on yesterday's performance I can't see Cleary changing the right hand side combination for Nofas inclusion.
MWZ position is less certain. The Roosters got around him and down his touch line when he raced inside (appearing) to go for an intercept. Luckily for him play continued and Teddy couldn't catch the pass back on the inside. Fonua was solid for the Magpies but I didn't see enough from him to force his way into MWZ spot. Nofa moving onto the left side and taking MWZ spot is possibly the only change to the wing configuration Cleary might consider. But I suspect MWZ might be a coach favourite; a bit like Sheens-Fitzhenry

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 3:37 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 6:31 am
Bit disappointing if true that Ivan didn’t outline what areas he needs to work on.
I thought the same. There needs to be good communication between the coaching staff and players, particularly on areas where the player needs to improve. Otherwise nothing will change.
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 3:41 pm

If Nofo didn’t see that coming then that could be part of the problem.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 4:12 pm

Patts wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 3:16 pm
Nofa had a mixed day for the Magpies yesterday. Yes he scored a couple of tries but he made a number of unforced errors as well. Based on yesterday's performance I can't see Cleary changing the right hand side combination for Nofas inclusion.
MWZ position is less certain. The Roosters got around him and down his touch line when he raced inside (appearing) to go for an intercept. Luckily for him play continued and Teddy couldn't catch the pass back on the inside. Fonua was solid for the Magpies but I didn't see enough from him to force his way into MWZ spot. Nofa moving onto the left side and taking MWZ spot is possibly the only change to the wing configuration Cleary might consider. But I suspect MWZ might be a coach favourite; a bit like Sheens-Fitzhenry
Malaki did not do much wrong imo. Watch the 1 percentets his doing.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 4:17 pm

Nofo hasn't necessarily done anything wrong IMO, Thompson is just playing that position better right now.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 7:40 pm

Patts wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 3:16 pm
MWZ rushed in twice because of poor decisions on Naiqama's behalf, if you watch closely he's on the inside of Manu, which instantly created an overlap. Thought he was very solid, Nofo still has some way to go before we see him back in the top flight.

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 7:59 pm

Lol, I think people are forgetting just how good Nofo is. Maybe not defensively, but he is very dangerous. Punches holes in lines brings the ball back like no one else. Our edges were not threatening at all against the Roosters. He is physically very strong and very fast and I feel we lacked that speed and strength.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 8:02 pm

Let’s not get carried away with Nofos 2 tries ..they both were laid on by perfectly placed kicks from Gamble .I can not see him back in the top grade for a while yet.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 8:19 pm

If anything Nofo won't replace MWZ or Thompson.

IF it's ANYONE, it would be replacing Naiqama, and possibly playing MWZ at Centre.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 8:27 pm

Snake wrote:
Sun 11 Mar, 2018 8:02 pm
Let’s not get carried away with Nofos 2 tries ..they both were laid on by perfectly placed kicks from Gamble .I can not see him back in the top grade for a while yet.
I'll get carried away with his carries and numerous offloads in the game..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 9:02 pm

I'm not talking about his last match I'm talking about the whole last season where he was the only player bringing the ball back and injecting energy into the game. And he can bring the hurt when he tackles or pushes into the sideline. Go back to some of last seasons games and you will realise how much you have forgotten. I hope IC was just making a point or testing something temporary because he is leagues ahead of MWZ, Naiqama and even arguably Thompson.

Post by 851 » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 9:05 pm

Kev deserves to be dropped, whether that equates to Nofa getting picked I dont know
Go hard or go home