I was unwanted by Potter: Marshall reveals cause for 2013 Tigers exit

Wests Tigers Discussion
tigerbill

Re: I was unwanted by Potter: Marshall reveals cause for 2013 Tigers exit

Post by tigerbill » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:30 am

Overreact much guys?
He's stating they didn't want him which they didn't.
What's all the "leave that stuff at the door" about? He's not being over critical or spiteful, he's simply saying what happened.
Do you guys prefer when they just say the same old: "obviously its all about the boyz, yeah I just have to get my game up".

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:18 am

tigerbill wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:30 am
Overreact much guys?
What's all the "leave that stuff at the door" about? He's not being over critical or spiteful, he's simply saying what happened.
Do you guys prefer when they just say the same old: "obviously its all about the boyz, yeah I just have to get my game up".
Ever heard of let bygones be bygones?

Clearyweareone

Post by Clearyweareone » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:29 am

Let's leave past history as history and move forward under a new team and a new coach. What I really respected about the Canterbury Club under the late Peter Moore's reign is rubbish like this was dealt with in house so the players could concentrate on success on the field.

Let's deal with 2018 and onwards.

Marshall will always be my favourite player and glad he is back to finish his career at WT. Hope the maturity he displayed against the Roosters is the version we have on the field for the rest of the year. We need his experience with all the changes plus assist Gamble with his NRL career

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:10 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 8:48 pm
Spartan117 wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 2:11 pm
willow wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 10:24 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 8:16 am
And when Farah eventually comes back the headline will be exactly the same: I was unwanted by Jason Taylor! and we will all whinge in unison. And when Potter comes back the headline will be: I was unwanted by Farah!
Farah's not coming back.
I wouldn't be surprised, If they decided to through 1 year at him to close out that chapter on a positive note.
He may come back in an off field role, I think that’s unlikely though seeing as how the current board ran him out of the club, but anything is possible I suppose. As a player, forget it. His career is over.
As many fans and coaches predict in error - LIddle here could not stand the heat, same as Cook at Souths and Peats in SOO also ran out of gas and let attackers run by. In great contradiction only a few months back Farah as capt. of Lebos they did wonders relatively speaking against Aussie team - Farah was still outstanding as a player in all facets except for running fast.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:31 am

One thing consistently ignored re Farah, by those wishing for his return, is attitude. The club went through the pain of squeezing him out for a reason. WT are now rebuilding with a 'team first' culture in mind. His legendary attitude is no longer required.
"Quality Stupidity"

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:20 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:31 am
One thing consistently ignored re Farah, by those wishing for his return, is attitude. The club went through the pain of squeezing him out for a reason. WT are now rebuilding with a 'team first' culture in mind. His legendary attitude is no longer required.
I can understand this but wonder it has been overstated, the ones who turned against him left the Tigers anyway. Maybe they were more for themselves in both aspects
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:57 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 8:42 pm
Spartan117 wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 2:11 pm
willow wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 10:24 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 12 Mar, 2018 8:16 am
And when Farah eventually comes back the headline will be exactly the same: I was unwanted by Jason Taylor! and we will all whinge in unison. And when Potter comes back the headline will be: I was unwanted by Farah!
Farah's not coming back.
I wouldn't be surprised, If they decided to through 1 year at him to close out that chapter on a positive note.
It would be so funny and karma if Souths had to offer Farah back to WT at highly discounted rate to get him off their books for this year. With Liddle still in recovery and with Farah being excellent during World Cup weirder things have happened. Teaming up with Marshall again has it's attractions to many fans as well.
Is it just me, or does this sound like a nightmare? :S

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:33 pm

I just find it amusing now that Souths are paying the full amount of Farah’s contract this year that rumours are they want to offload him.

He’s playing more reserve grade than ever but not sooking (as far as I know) which kind of reinforces why he is no longer here. He couldn’t shut it when he was here, as if he really was the main man.

I think recent others will find the truth to the saying “the grass is greener...”
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 5:50 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 7:18 am
tigerbill wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:30 am
Overreact much guys?
Ever heard of let bygones be bygones?
I reckon he has. They asked him the question. He answered it. He wasn't bitter, he just stated the fact. I found him very factual. Anyway, I hate when they answer the same rehearsed stuff regardless of the question; it reminds me of politicians.