Steve 'Blocker' Roach suggests Wests Tigers move to Perth

Wests Tigers Discussion
GNR4LIFE

Re: Steve 'Blocker' Roach suggests Wests Tigers move to Perth

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:20 pm

Newtown wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:59 pm
Blocker is just trying to prop up his standing with Foxtel and the NRL. Too bad he played his football career for a club which joined with Wests Magpies to form Wests Tigers. No sentiment from Blocker today as he has put his media career first and foremost to the detriment of Wests Tigers.
I think his support for the club, along with Elias’s last year during the Moses saga is totallly fake. They resent the club because the club wants nothing to do with them. Or their relatives. The constant bagging is them getting their cumppance.

westy81

Post by westy81 » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:22 pm

Having half the name doesn’t mean we should be the ones to move
What a stupid excuse !
If the Tigers did move to Perth therbis no way I would be watching NRL again I would be lost as a supporter
It’s one thing to join another club and start again under a different name but to totally move states is another
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:24 pm

I have a better idea, send Blockhead to Perth never to be heard of again, problem solved.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:35 pm

Peanuts, get your peanuts. Fresh salted peanuts.

I don't think we will and I hope we don't

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:12 pm

Sadly for Blocker and luckily for us moving is entirely up the 100% financial owner of our club which owe zero money to the NRL. Carnot see them moving too far from Ashfield/Balmain.

If Blocker cared perhaps he could point out we have already destroyed two foundation clubs and should be automatically exempt? How about East's and Souths who live across the street from one another?

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:24 pm

We've done our bit, besides, the support might be there for the odd game, but would they actually turn up in numbers these days to regular games?

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:34 pm

Let's all Give Blocker a pat to the head and send him off to Perth

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:37 pm

Perth should get a new team, relocate the Sharks to Adelaide, bring back the Bears in Brisbane, and merge the Roosters with Manly.
17 teams, 7 in Sydney, 4 in Queensland, + Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Newcastle, and NZ
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:42 pm

I don't know why we need a National Comp. I would only concentrate on another Qld side and down the track a Pacific Islands team.

As another poster stated we will always be a target as we are nomads. We need to set up in Campbelltown full time.
Apart from Easts, most winning teams fill their home grounds no matter where they are. Wests start winning the crowds will come.
The South-West is growing at a rapid rate and will only become larger when the Airport hits. This move not only makes sense but will keep us safe.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Patts

Post by Patts » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 6:09 pm

The franchise is Wests Ashfields to determine what's best going forward. But for the life of me I can't see how a community club like Wests Ashfield would be serving their community by sending the club to Perth.
I'm an old Magpie fan (who loves the Wests Tigers) and when Roach says the Wests Tigers already has half the name to suit Western Australia I find it hugely disrespectful to Western Suburbs.
If Roach is supportive of the move to Perth will he still support it if Wests Ashfield did a deal with the NRL to move the franchise to Perth on the proviso that the club is renamed the Wests Magpies. If the NRL was motivated enough for the relocation to happen, I expect they'd accommodate the change.
PS - I love the Wests Tigers and I don't want any changes (apart from more allegiance to the MacArthur area). But respect is a two way street and when the Magpies are disrespected, it goes both ways.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 6:21 pm

Any Sydney team that relocates to Perth will fail. Not only as a new W.A team but also as the team it once was in Sydney, in my opinion it will destroy it's supporter base.

I'm as die hard as they come but I'll be honest if we did move to Perth I'm not sure I would have the same interest in the Tigers, it wouldn't be the same.
The merger was tough enough, and after that I moved to Qld so I'm lucky to see 2 games a year live, I can't imagine all the Sydney based fans that go to games every second week being all that happy with their team moving to Perth, they might as well move to England it's that far away.
Last edited by TIGER on Fri 16 Mar, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 6:24 pm

Patts wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 6:09 pm
The franchise is Wests Ashfields to determine what's best going forward. But for the life of me I can't see how a community club like Wests Ashfield would be serving their community by sending the club to Perth.
I'm an old Magpie fan (who loves the Wests Tigers) and when Roach says the Wests Tigers already has half the name to suit Western Australia I find it hugely disrespectful to Western Suburbs.
If Roach is supportive of the move to Perth will he still support it if Wests Ashfield did a deal with the NRL to move the franchise to Perth on the proviso that the club is renamed the Wests Magpies. If the NRL was motivated enough for the relocation to happen, I expect they'd accommodate the change.
PS - I love the Wests Tigers and I don't want any changes (apart from more allegiance to the MacArthur area). But respect is a two way street and when the Magpies are disrespected, it goes both ways.
Roach is an idiot

Just like Elias

And i grew up cheering them on the hill at Leichhardt from 81 onwards

Can't believe the crap they put on the club these day's

It's still the magpies and tiger's clubs and their junior area's

If they don't like what's happening with the club they need to shut their big mouths and move onto something else cos this isn't their club

It's the communities

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 7:02 pm

Roach and brain cells, talking about incompatibles :roll

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 14 Mar, 2018 7:09 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:39 am
I am shocked Blocker hss a thought. ..
Even if it is a stupid one.

Back off Blocker! The Wests Tigers have already ceded enough by merging 2 foundation teams in the first place and having to endure all the fractions & problems that ensued along with it! Why is it always our club being targeted? Go and pick on some of the other Sydney clubs to make some concessions for once! Bulldogs, Souths or that stinking team that sits between 2 already merged clubs in the southern area can all p---off westward as far as I'm concerned.

I always see lots of sharks off the Western Australia coast..... they have a good supporter base there already :lol:

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 12:08 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:23 pm
eyewonder wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:56 pm
the western reds didnt work before so what would be different now.Any team would have to travel the width of australia every second week- a fiancial and physical drain.
for a nrl side to be successfully based in perth a rich consortium would need to back the venture.
besides which,who would attend the games?

Perth sportsfans are invested in the eagles and freemantle.rugby league would always be second choice after a.f.l.
if it does eventuate,its about time cronulla or eastern suburbs took a bullet for the good of the game.it aint the wests tigers turn again.
The reds were 20 years ago, the demographic of Perths population has changed massively.
38,000 league fans were out there the other night, not 38,000 curious AFL fans. A team, over time, would become quite successful.
Perth needs to pick up a dead team. A team that wants to play again and is happy to lend their name.

I only see the Perth Jets and Perth Bears fitting this category and I believe the choice should be obvious.

Easts and Co need to die a slow death. We have our growth area mapped out and if we own our territory we can claim it.

I am worried about the 3 remaining NRL members. The NRL just need to appoint some silly flippant and they would make the wrong decision for our club. Said airheads would approve of Blockers views because he represents the community, who is happy to take a punt in their singlets.

Move the Bears North and move the Jets West. Then have Easts, Cronulla or whoever is left struggle in the Sydney basin. Once a team stops playing, fans will accept their movement if it means they play again.

I don't want more then 16 in our comp. But we need a Western Australian team badly.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 12:09 pm

steve-o wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:37 pm
Perth should get a new team, relocate the Sharks to Adelaide, bring back the Bears in Brisbane, and merge the Roosters with Manly.
17 teams, 7 in Sydney, 4 in Queensland, + Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Newcastle, and NZ
I like it.
But Adelaide won't happen for a while. (unless there is great family migration from Syd Families not being able to afford Sydney). Western Australia however there is a fanbase and enough to start something.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 12:45 pm

It was reported on radio the other day that the partnership with Wyong or Central Coast and the Roosters has ended as of last week? Has anyone heard anything? I was hoping that they would move up there permanently!

PrattenParkMagpie

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 12:47 pm

Needaname wrote:
Fri 16 Mar, 2018 12:45 pm
It was reported on radio the other day that the partnership with Wyong or Central Coast and the Roosters has ended as of last week? Has anyone heard anything? I was hoping that they would move up there permanently!
They wont be the Rorters feeder club from 2019, Wyong want to go it alone.
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

Don’t you ever let a chance go by, O Claws, don’t you ever let a chance go by....