Steve 'Blocker' Roach suggests Wests Tigers move to Perth

Wests Tigers Discussion
Fibros

Re: Steve 'Blocker' Roach suggests Wests Tigers move to Perth

Post by Fibros » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:38 pm

Not so sure Blockers brain can process words before his mouth spits them out.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:31 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:08 pm
tigerbalm wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:04 pm
Not a fan of blocker. Think he's a relic of a long forgotten era but i am surprised at the amount of people that would not support the team if they couldn't see all the home games?? Ive relocated plenty of times both O/S and interstate and the only constant was the team that i supported. Some years I see more live games some years I see less. Not having a dig at anyone, i wish i could turn off my support like that though, it would make living in Melbourne much easier if i could just take the purple pill and follow the cheats but id sooner give up on league all together.
If the Tigers were to relocate to Perth, I'm sure a lot of the folks on here would give up on the NRL entirely. I doubt anyone would go for another Sydney team. However, if we were to relocate I wouldn't be pleased at all, but I would still make sure to follow that team no matter the circumstance
Many people think they know what they would do or how they'd react before something like this happens..... Fact is you really don't know until it does happen
I do know that I couldn't possibly live life happily without an NRL team to support. I also know that I would not support any other NRL team than the Tigers, whether they be relocated or merged. I did it when the merger occurred, I'll do it again if the relocation happens

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:44 pm

colmcd wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 2:25 pm
Silentio wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:43 am
Sydney - an NRL city with eight teams and four million people. So, one team per 500,000 people.

Brisbane - an NRL city with one team and two million people. So, one team per 2,000,000.

Melbourne - not an NRL city with one team and four million people. SO one team per 4,000,000.

Perth - not an NRL city with 1.6 million people. Also twice as far from Sydney as Auckland.

I'm all for making the game stronger, but Perth is a dumb choice on many levels. Moving a team to Brisbane (the Roosters) is the obvious way to go.

The Broncos will hate it, but the game is bigger and more important than them.

Interestingly, the team to population ratio that the Broncos enjoy is the same as the Sydney based AFL and A-league sides.
I think that proves a Perth team is needed. I would target Perth and PNG as new areas as well as Brisbane suburbs for homes of Easts and Sharks. I would seriously just fund Junior development over there and have a few local superstars turn away from Union.
Truth is we either embed ourselves in Western Sydney or we will be moved around. The NRL is governed by Peter (what are the Sharks) Beattie. Ok I think he will actually do a good job but no one will understand the Western Sydney situation and that the Wests Tigers are of the West. Yes, our spiritual home will be Leichardt.

Someone has to go. No idea why people keep pointing our way compared to the phantom members in other clubs.
Spiritual home "Leichhardt"?

What rubbish.

:brick: :brick: :brick:

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:56 pm

the western reds didnt work before so what would be different now.Any team would have to travel the width of australia every second week- a fiancial and physical drain.
for a nrl side to be successfully based in perth a rich consortium would need to back the venture.
besides which,who would attend the games?

Perth sportsfans are invested in the eagles and freemantle.rugby league would always be second choice after a.f.l.
if it does eventuate,its about time cronulla or eastern suburbs took a bullet for the good of the game.it aint the wests tigers turn again.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:59 pm

Blocker is just trying to prop up his standing with Foxtel and the NRL. Too bad he played his football career for a club which joined with Wests Magpies to form Wests Tigers. No sentiment from Blocker today as he has put his media career first and foremost to the detriment of Wests Tigers.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:00 pm

Fibros wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:38 pm
If brains were petrol, he wouldn’t be able to perpetuate a fleas motorcycle around a raindrop.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:06 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:59 am
"Everyone will howl me down here, but a team like the Wests Tigers, if you have a look at it, they've already got half the name," Roach said.

"All the board will howl me down and say 'mate, you shouldn't be saying this and you shouldn't be saying that'.
Someone’s certainly got a high opinion of himself. The day our board even cares what you think Block will be the day we need a new board.

white_tiger

Post by white_tiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:00 pm
Fibros wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:38 pm
If brains were petrol, he wouldn’t be able to perpetuate a fleas motorcycle around a raindrop.
If brains were petrol, it's obvious old Blocker has been standing too close to a naked flame...

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:15 pm

Does anyone know how many game ticket holding members we have? I mean regular game tickets not attend one game a year.

The reason I ask is that I believe the Wests Tigers have just past the 15,000 members mark but I am one of those and I don’t attend any games as I live in Rockhampton.

I assume then that it would be less than half (<7,000) that are regular game attending members. That’s not good reading from a business sense.

Most NFL teams are run/owned by business people and quite a number of NFL teams have relocated based purely on a business need.

Now don’t go jumping down my throat. I’m not suggesting we move. What I am suggesting is that if we were owned by a business person, or a consortium, I am sure they would look at the business model.

However, seeing we are run by a board of the local leagues club people then we are no chance of even thinking about moving.

Just makes me laugh because over the years I have read many posts from members who live in Sydney and say they won’t attend certain games because they are too far away for them. Adds perspective.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:23 pm

eyewonder wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:56 pm
the western reds didnt work before so what would be different now.Any team would have to travel the width of australia every second week- a fiancial and physical drain.
for a nrl side to be successfully based in perth a rich consortium would need to back the venture.
besides which,who would attend the games?

Perth sportsfans are invested in the eagles and freemantle.rugby league would always be second choice after a.f.l.
if it does eventuate,its about time cronulla or eastern suburbs took a bullet for the good of the game.it aint the wests tigers turn again.
The reds were 20 years ago, the demographic of Perths population has changed massively.
38,000 league fans were out there the other night, not 38,000 curious AFL fans. A team, over time, would become quite successful.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:28 pm

One way to stop being the club nominated to move is to win football games. We are far from the least commercially viable club in Sydney - that would be the Sharks by a long way. If we continue getting things together like we have recently we will be unmovable. Any team in Perth should be a new club any way.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:29 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 2:35 pm
First let's see the nrl draw up some criteria for sydney based clubs to be equally judged against for a potential move.
equally
Dont hold your breath waiting for that.
Nothing in the NRL is equal

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:42 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:28 pm
tigerbalm wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:04 pm
Not a fan of blocker. Think he's a relic of a long forgotten era but i am surprised at the amount of people that would not support the team if they couldn't see all the home games?? Ive relocated plenty of times both O/S and interstate and the only constant was the team that i supported. Some years I see more live games some years I see less. Not having a dig at anyone, i wish i could turn off my support like that though, it would make living in Melbourne much easier if i could just take the purple pill and follow the cheats but id sooner give up on league all together.
Most of us gave up something when Wests and Balmain merged. Asking us to do it again is beyond the pale, many of us took ages to embrace Wests Tigers, why would we force that on the fresh generation of fans who only know WT.
Most sensible post I have read...for some of us older WTs supporters we had to endure much pain as both our foundation clubs merged,in that perspective is the key to this discussion,many of us followed either club since we were toddlers and it was for many,many years before the merger...We have adapted to this new team and follow them wholeheartedly...the children of today only know the WTs and with an interest to spreading just to the Macarthur area and further South,then the population growth will see the club growing further..we dont need to go to Perth,this is just a discussion point,there are other clubs that should go before we do...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 5:54 pm

Gee,
Imagine if we beat Melbourne. The will have us in Cape town.

As for blocker somebody should tell him its against the law to jack off in public.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:14 pm

I want them to relocate to Cairns. The Cairns wests tigers. I'd see all the home games
"Quality Stupidity"

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:32 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:14 pm
I want them to relocate to Cairns. The Cairns wests tigers. I'd see all the home games
Mmmm, Central Queensland have been trying to get in the NRL!

Nope, not in my life time.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:00 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:32 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 8:14 pm
Mmmm, Central Queensland have been trying to get in the NRL!

Nope, not in my life time.
I reckon you're right. Still, it would be nice to watch some live footy.
"Quality Stupidity"

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Tue 13 Mar, 2018 9:14 pm

Well well well, blocker and backdoor are working on this together now!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!