Wests Tigers Discussion
Needaname

Re: Steve 'Blocker' Roach suggests Wests Tigers move to Perth

Post by Needaname » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 1:00 pm

PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Fri 16 Mar, 2018 12:47 pm
Needaname wrote:
Fri 16 Mar, 2018 12:45 pm
It was reported on radio the other day that the partnership with Wyong or Central Coast and the Roosters has ended as of last week? Has anyone heard anything? I was hoping that they would move up there permanently!
They wont be the Rorters feeder club from 2019, Wyong want to go it alone.
Thanks,
Just read more about it. The Roos don’t want to field a team in ISP instead compete in the central coast comp. Aparently been a logger heads for a while with the Roosters pressuring the Roos to take on their strip and logo.
I imagine this will be a set back for the roosters they were pretty stoked with their presence in the Central Coast and the Junior development in that area.

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 1:03 pm

How simple life was when we only had 10 teams....Fond memories.... :sign:

PrattenParkMagpie

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 1:11 pm

Needaname wrote:
Fri 16 Mar, 2018 1:00 pm
PrattenParkMagpie wrote:
Fri 16 Mar, 2018 12:47 pm
Needaname wrote:
Fri 16 Mar, 2018 12:45 pm
It was reported on radio the other day that the partnership with Wyong or Central Coast and the Roosters has ended as of last week? Has anyone heard anything? I was hoping that they would move up there permanently!
They wont be the Rorters feeder club from 2019, Wyong want to go it alone.
Thanks,
Just read more about it. The Roos don’t want to field a team in ISP instead compete in the central coast comp. Aparently been a logger heads for a while with the Roosters pressuring the Roos to take on their strip and logo.
I imagine this will be a set back for the roosters they were pretty stoked with their presence in the Central Coast and the Junior development in that area.
Could well be that they no longer want to field a team in the ISP, don't know the details just that Wyong voted to cut ties with them, wouldn't suprise if the rorters wanted to pretty much run things.

Listen to some Rorters fans and it's the ultimate insult, how dare they not want to be part of the almighty Rorters system, twats.
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

Don’t you ever let a chance go by, O Claws, don’t you ever let a chance go by....

barra

Post by barra » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 2:04 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:42 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:31 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:08 pm
tigerbalm wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:04 pm
Not a fan of blocker. Think he's a relic of a long forgotten era but i am surprised at the amount of people that would not support the team if they couldn't see all the home games?? Ive relocated plenty of times both O/S and interstate and the only constant was the team that i supported. Some years I see more live games some years I see less. Not having a dig at anyone, i wish i could turn off my support like that though, it would make living in Melbourne much easier if i could just take the purple pill and follow the cheats but id sooner give up on league all together.
If the Tigers were to relocate to Perth, I'm sure a lot of the folks on here would give up on the NRL entirely. I doubt anyone would go for another Sydney team. However, if we were to relocate I wouldn't be pleased at all, but I would still make sure to follow that team no matter the circumstance
Many people think they know what they would do or how they'd react before something like this happens..... Fact is you really don't know until it does happen
I do know that I couldn't possibly live life happily without an NRL team to support. I also know that I would not support any other NRL team than the Tigers, whether they be relocated or merged. I did it when the merger occurred, I'll do it again if the relocation happens
Good post (edit) TigersBusDriver (sorry had your name wrong). As an out of towner it would not make much difference to me, and if it guaranteed the success and strengthening of our club (like another Melbourne Storm for instance) I'd take it in a heartbeat.
Last edited by barra on Sat 17 Mar, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the third

Post by the third » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 2:35 pm

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newsl ... 8c7679c85f

Good article on the roosters/Wyong split, written by the local paper (not dt)

Basically the board felt there was no benefit to the central coast community

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 3:06 pm

While there maybe some merit in relocating I don’t see why it should be the Weststigers,IMO they have done their bit regarding the NRL team numbers when Balmain and West became a joint venture.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 5:47 pm

If we stay at Concord, we will eventually be gone one way or another. by the time we realise that , it will be too late.
WTs Have only give token attention to the the South West District anyway ,and Balmain is a total loss as far as the future is.
By the time we ever decide to be part of the SouthWest, Someone else will have grabbed the area .

iTS time that we looked to the future, instead of the past , Someone is going to END UP IN WA, with their Stadium , and Corporate benefits, but typically it probably wont be us.
We're ok .....weve got Concord.......... iF we survive the rationalising of the competition' .

When that happens ' the NrL wont care if someones has moved before ,or FANS or anything else.
It will only look at the money and the TV STATIONS.
Any fans that a team loses here will eventually be replaced in the West.
The AfL looks at least 10-15 years ahead,, we should take a lesson from them.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 6:49 pm

barra wrote:
Fri 16 Mar, 2018 2:04 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:42 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:31 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 4:08 pm

If the Tigers were to relocate to Perth, I'm sure a lot of the folks on here would give up on the NRL entirely. I doubt anyone would go for another Sydney team. However, if we were to relocate I wouldn't be pleased at all, but I would still make sure to follow that team no matter the circumstance
Many people think they know what they would do or how they'd react before something like this happens..... Fact is you really don't know until it does happen
I do know that I couldn't possibly live life happily without an NRL team to support. I also know that I would not support any other NRL team than the Tigers, whether they be relocated or merged. I did it when the merger occurred, I'll do it again if the relocation happens
Good post Tigerbalm. As an out of towner it would not make much difference to me, and if it guaranteed the success and strengthening of our club (like another Melbourne Storm for instance) I'd take it in a heartbeat.
TB. some of the local fans would no doubt throw it in if Wts were to relocate, but a lot would not, especially when they see that they will still be able to see their team on tv every weekend, and each time that they play in Sydney, [Newcastle,Dragons etc], they would still see a good number of live games'

What would change for whoever goes to Perth, IS that they will be like the other one team cities, with a mortgage on a whole lot more fans and financial backing.
Lots here , whinge all the time about teams like the Roosters for example , but they dont want to have to change if and when the opportunity arises to get more Corporate backing.
I'm not saying this without having the experience of losing the opportunity to watch my Team [Wests] , when I moved to QLD,
Apart from having to have my second head fitted :o I had to live with only one game a week for a long time{and Wests werent on very much at all, [only ABC]
At the time When I left Sydney, my second home was Lidcombe 0val under the light tower at the Northern end
I had mates in both the firsts and reserves, and was involved in Junior Rep Coaching with the club,
I know the feeling I had when moving away away from it . Not Good!

But I never stopped supporting them, Even though they were pretty crap over the years.
At least all fans here would only have to turn a switch to see them every week,
You will live through it, if it happens ,
But all sydney teams face that chance.
The one who grabs the challenge if it comes will be much better off.
Excuse me now, so i can bar the door, and lock the drawbridge

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 7:37 pm

Good post GCT.
The world's now a much smaller place... If it were to happen I'd still support... I've seen my team relocate... I've seen them merge... I've seen them almost expelled from the comp.. Twice.
It wouldn't be the end of the world.
I just wonder how the fans there would react to someone saying "here's a new team for you to support"... Not sure that's the right way to go about things

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 7:54 pm

Just say we did move to Perth in the next 5 years.
..isn’t it likely less only about half of our team would go ? the other half probably wouldn’t want to move that far away.
How would the team go? They’d have the most travel out of any team in the comp. I’d doubt any of the top players would want to up and move to Perth. How many NRL players have come from Perth thus far?
I know they have somewhat of a Rugby following with all the expats from England and South Africa over there .
I can’t see any side moving to Perth actually being successful for a very long time because I can’t see the top players wanting to up and move there.
Correct he If I’m wrong . The NRL may have other ideas.
Just because they can pack out a double header doesn’t mean fans will go to support a losing team .
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 7:59 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 16 Mar, 2018 7:54 pm
..isn’t it likely less only about half of our team would go ? the other half probably wouldn’t want to move that far away.
How would the team go? They’d have the most travel out of any team in the comp. I’d doubt any of the top players would want to up and move to Perth. How many NRL players have come from Perth thus far?
I know they have somewhat of a Rugby following with all the expats from England and South Africa over there .
I can’t see any side moving to Perth actually being successful for a very long time because I can’t see the top players wanting to up and move there.
Just because they can pack out a double header doesn’t mean fans will go to support a losing team .
Fans in Sydney don't go to watch losing teams either. We got 8000 to a game last year IIR.
Theres no doubt a side in Perth would succeed in the long run. They've produced more NRL players then Melb without an NRL team.
I'm not sold on re location though.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 8:12 pm

I would not object if it happened. Might be a bit like Brisbane with a regular weekend game and TV slot from Perth.

Good corporate facilities, I think the Perth crowd would get behind their local team. If there are financial incentives involved the club should not dismiss it without at least discussing it.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 9:11 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 16 Mar, 2018 7:54 pm
It’s in the nrl interest to make sure that the team is competitive. I really don’t think that players wouldn’t want to go there. Especially if we could develop that us agains them siege mentality.

Players that went there for the Reds didn’t seem to complain, some of them have said that it was great to not have the 24 hrs a day media intrusion into their life.
Players already can move between Qld and Melbourne or Auckland, if the moneys right they’ll go nearly anywhere( especially when they realise what they get for their money for real estate)
Kids are already moving to Sydney from kiwi land to try out for junior reps ,

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 9:33 pm

Whats that we are going to Perth?. But what about the family i have left behind, not to mention how dear real estate is over there. The future is the Macarthur area like it or not, the Tigers have to do more out that way. In saying all that if it was Pert or perish it would be Perth of course. As for Blocker he has stuck his head in to many scrums.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 10:49 pm

FOD001 wrote:
Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:17 am
The talent pool theory by Harrigan...... NRL squads went from 25 to 30 and how good was the footy. I think they need to have 2 more teams in Brisbane to stop that monopoly 1st before looking at WA.
A team that has already merged surely has already done enough for the game so they should look at other teams if they are serious about going West
The days of sentiment are long gone, and will never come back,
fans don’t really matter to the NRL,
Money is what rules decisions. That’s one of the reasons why the GF may be shifted in the future,

Don’t be surprised if in the future ,the GFs will be bid on every year . It’s a business.
It’s not so long ago that the suburban grounds were what mattered, now they’re disappearing.
When it’s time for the NRL to chop those that are left, they will.

I don’t think that the past will have any bearing on what the NRL will do when it comes to relocation and expansion.
Personally, I’d like to see us in Perth, and another team in Bris. Eventually,
Not everyone in Brisbane supports the Broncos., theres nearly as many that can’t stand them, as there is that follow them

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 10:50 pm

The cap being equal. I just can't see a Perth team competing against teams that have a good local catchment area.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 10:54 pm

tigerbenji wrote:
Fri 16 Mar, 2018 9:33 pm
Whats that we are going to Perth?. But what about the family i have left behind, not to mention how dear real estate is over there. The future is the Macarthur area like it or not, the Tigers have to do more out that way. In saying all that if it was Pert or perish it would be Perth of course. As for Blocker he has stuck his head in to many scrums.
Prices have gone up in the last year or two but still way below Sydney,
I’ve got a niece who’s been there for a couple of years and she couldn’t believe what she got for the money, there’s some palaces there too , but over all the prices are still good.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 16 Mar, 2018 10:55 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 16 Mar, 2018 10:50 pm
The cap being equal. I just can't see a Perth team competing against teams that have a good local catchment area.
Like the Storm?