Wed 14 Mar, 2018 10:45 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:29 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:27 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 2:15 pm
My takeaways from this article:

Tedesco had zero interest in re-signing but apparently never told the club that until fairly late on.

Dib and I Moses conduct their business in a way that reflects poorly on them and their clients. Why the late night visit etc

Dib clearly didn't rate M Moses!
A friend at work sister works for the Rorters, and he told me that Ted had signed even before Ivan gave them a deadline.
The deadline was the most ridiculous thing ever. They were already gone and had been for weeks. They were already gone when Cleary pulled Moses’ contract, to prioritise them weeks before that. It should never be forgotten what an absolute farce the whole thing became.
The deadline was needed because the club needed some high ground. Everyone knew they had signed or given intentions of going elsewhere. Unfortunately they didn’t have the guts to make it public, so the club basically forced their hand and in the process finally took control of our own destiny again.

Don’t forget when Woods had coffee with the Dogs, but he was just catching up with mates 😂
Thank God for Cleary. He finally got the club calling the shots. Potter and Taylor tried but Cleary got it done.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 1:24 am

formerguest wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 9:59 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 7:51 pm
clontarfkid wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 4:28 pm
The saga is well behind us now,though losing 3 players of that calibre will always impact long term.
Having sad that,there are a couple of issues that gnaw me in defying common decency..
1)As late as April last year they were still saying they were uncommitted/considering options vs WT when in fact they were all fully committed to moving on.They did this in the knowledge that every week that went by was going to negatively impact WT..the club that nurtured them,developed them ,and paid them through their respective season ending injuries over the years.It was almost as though they were deliberately being vindictive knowing their unwillingness to commit was going to hurt WT
2)The "captains"(I use that term loosely)attitude towards the club in attempting to take the other "stars"with him was just a total disgrace,and a smear on his supposed leadership and character.Appreciate hes not the sharpest tool in the shed and I Moses was probably pulling his strings,but ..words defy me..Id never have him back with the knowledge of these actions and his lack of integrity.A grub of the highest order,surpassed only by....
3)The performance of M Moses in his final matches with WT...let the coach down,his team mates down and the fans down and simply couldn't give a rats about anyone but himself and his own agenda.
4)The role Benny Elias played in the M Moses saga demonstrated conclusively that WT was very low on his list of priorities
Its professional sport Kiddies, , the same things happen throughout the sporting world everywhere.
Contracts are agreed to, and for dozens of reasons, there's denials about them by players and\or Managers, along with all sorts of clandestine meetings.
If you think that the same thing happens in probably every club in the Nrl , and any other sport you like to name(maybe not Synchronous Swimming)LOL, Then its a bit nieve,

Clubs, Coaches , Players and Managers , will (mostly) all lie and cheat when it suits them.
I used the word "mostly" because by the law of averages, there must be some , somewhere on this planet that wont,
but dont hold your breath hoping to meet one.
It is called integrity amongst other things, you either have it or you don't and only those with it can be called "professional". It is one thing to be evasive or non-committal, another altogether to bald faced lie.

Using a condescending term such as "Kiddies" is also an unbecoming downward step from you.
Didnt mean anything by the term, sorry if it upset you.
But the comment that only someone who has integrity can be called professional , is not only ridiculous, but also completely wrong.,
“Professional” doesnt come with a halo.
Some of the greatest Professional sportsmen have been pure bastards and had the integrity of a Bull Ant..
Whether you like it or not, a sportsman who earns his living from sport, is a professional.
Integrity May or may not make him a better person, but doesn’t mean he’s not a professional
Even an Amateur fisherman who becomes a professional fisherman doesn’t have to have integrity..

If we got rid of every player who lied about a contract or had secret meetings with other clubs we wouldn’t have many teams left..
I know it’s hard to believe , but even Clubs will lie , cheat and break contracts when it suits them,
And they are mostly run by professionals and a lot of them have a low level of integrity, but they are still Professionals

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 5:30 am

gallagher wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 10:49 pm
Furious1 wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 10:45 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:

A friend at work sister works for the Rorters, and he told me that Ted had signed even before Ivan gave them a deadline.
The deadline was the most ridiculous thing ever. They were already gone and had been for weeks. They were already gone when Cleary pulled Moses’ contract, to prioritise them weeks before that. It should never be forgotten what an absolute farce the whole thing became.
The deadline was needed because the club needed some high ground. Everyone knew they had signed or given intentions of going elsewhere. Unfortunately they didn’t have the guts to make it public, so the club basically forced their hand and in the process finally took control of our own destiny again.

Don’t forget when Woods had coffee with the Dogs, but he was just catching up with mates 😂
Thank God for Cleary. He finally got the club calling the shots. Potter and Taylor tried but Cleary got it done.
Farah may have been overpaid for too long but strictly speaking was not his fault but NEVER in any team has he not tried his heart out. I find that out in the community he still has a lot of respect as a player. He is probably also suffering divorce pains.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 6:47 am

We wont give a rats about the details behind the signature of the first marquee player we are actually able to secure -in fact we will be congratulating our recruitment team for securing them.
The obsession -most of which is based on pure assumption -in regard to what led to, the when, where, and how these two signed elsewhere is over the top.
The fact they are still dominating threads on our forum after a good win is all a bit nuts really.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:28 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 2:15 pm
My takeaways from this article:

Tedesco had zero interest in re-signing but apparently never told the club that until fairly late on.

Dib and I Moses conduct their business in a way that reflects poorly on them and their clients. Why the late night visit etc

Dib clearly didn't rate M Moses!
The deadline was a show of strength.

For a club being bent over the coach needed to do something.

Im sue even Ivan knew it was a lost cause.
Its an opinion!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 7:31 am

basketcase wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 8:17 pm
In forming opinions of these players never underestimate the role their manager played.
He is the true grub.
He may be a grub but what his influence over these guys says more than anything is that the Wests Tigers coach who should also have an influence over them had very little.

All the rubbish that the players respected Taylor proved to be just that.

In short good or great coaches have more influences over most of their players than the player managers.
Its an opinion!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 8:58 am

Telltails wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 6:47 am
We wont give a rats about the details behind the signature of the first marquee player we are actually able to secure -in fact we will be congratulating our recruitment team for securing them.
The obsession -most of which is based on pure assumption -in regard to what led to, the when, where, and how these two signed elsewhere is over the top.
The fact they are still dominating threads on our forum after a good win is all a bit nuts really.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 9:02 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 8:58 am
Telltails wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 6:47 am
Exactly, if the situation was reversed no one would give a peep.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 9:26 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:
The saga is well behind us now,though losing 3 players of that calibre will always impact long term.
Having sad that,there are a couple of issues that gnaw me in defying common decency..
1)As late as April last year they were still saying they were uncommitted/considering options vs WT when in fact they were all fully committed to moving on.They did this in the knowledge that every week that went by was going to negatively impact WT..the club that nurtured them,developed them ,and paid them through their respective season ending injuries over the years.It was almost as though they were deliberately being vindictive knowing their unwillingness to commit was going to hurt WT
2)The "captains"(I use that term loosely)attitude towards the club in attempting to take the other "stars"with him was just a total disgrace,and a smear on his supposed leadership and character.Appreciate hes not the sharpest tool in the shed and I Moses was probably pulling his strings,but ..words defy me..Id never have him back with the knowledge of these actions and his lack of integrity.A grub of the highest order,surpassed only by....
3)The performance of M Moses in his final matches with WT...let the coach down,his team mates down and the fans down and simply couldn't give a rats about anyone but himself and his own agenda.
4)The role Benny Elias played in the M Moses saga demonstrated conclusively that WT was very low on his list of priorities
Its professional sport Kiddies, , the same things happen throughout the sporting world everywhere.
Contracts are agreed to, and for dozens of reasons, there's denials about them by players and\or Managers, along with all sorts of clandestine meetings.
If you think that the same thing happens in probably every club in the Nrl , and any other sport you like to name(maybe not Synchronous Swimming)LOL, Then its a bit nieve,

Clubs, Coaches , Players and Managers , will (mostly) all lie and cheat when it suits them.
I used the word "mostly" because by the law of averages, there must be some , somewhere on this planet that wont,
Sorry,but thats absolute garbage..and youre kidding about "kiddies"surely...maybe its you that needs to grow up(or at least wake up)!!
I know of no other captain who has attempted to entice marquee players elsewhere.
And I know of no other player who has missed tackles/dropped passes etc simply to force his way out of the club.
These 3 mental midgets with zero integrity are only surpassed by their manager...with B Elias not far behind

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 9:31 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 1:24 am
formerguest wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:

It is called integrity amongst other things, you either have it or you don't and only those with it can be called "professional". It is one thing to be evasive or non-committal, another altogether to bald faced lie.

Using a condescending term such as "Kiddies" is also an unbecoming downward step from you.
But the comment that only someone who has integrity can be called professional , is not only ridiculous, but also completely wrong.,
Some of the greatest Professional sportsmen have been pure bastards and had the integrity of a Bull Ant..
Whether you like it or not, a sportsman who earns his living from sport, is a professional.
Integrity May or may not make him a better person, but doesn’t mean he’s not a professional
Even an Amateur fisherman who becomes a professional fisherman doesn’t have to have integrity..

If we got rid of every player who lied about a contract or had secret meetings with other clubs we wouldn’t have many teams left..
I know it’s hard to believe , but even Clubs will lie , cheat and break contracts when it suits them,
And they are mostly run by professionals and a lot of them have a low level of integrity, but they are still Professionals
You knew/know exactly what I meant as you are not one of those kiddies that may, mainly because of their youth, simply relate a professional as someone that is part of a profession. Of course, I could have included the word truly, which may have helped some understand. If you did not, then I have over estimated you.

There are many reasons that Elijah Taylor for example is regarded as a professional, whilst Moses Suli is not, though they are both employed in a profession.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 9:35 am

I'm over that now.

I don't begrudge them for going elsewhere, just how they did it and failed to own their choice.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 9:44 am

What I find amazing is, how was Dib going to get them under the cap as it was already known they had cap problems for the next season.

Anyway as others have said, time to worry about whats happening at Concord not what is ancient history

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 9:04 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 9:31 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 1:24 am
formerguest wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

You knew/know exactly what I meant as you are not one of those kiddies that may, mainly because of their youth, simply relate a professional as someone that is part of a profession. Of course, I could have included the word truly, which may have helped some understand. If you did not, then I have over estimated you.

There are many reasons that Elijah Taylor for example is regarded as a professional, whilst Moses Suli is not, though they are both employed in a profession.
They are Both Professional Football players, whether or not we may like that, its a fact.
you can call them whatever you like but you cant change that fact . But if you want to think otherwise, thats fine.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 9:07 pm

clontarfkid wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 9:26 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:

Sorry,but thats absolute garbage..and youre kidding about "kiddies"surely...maybe its you that needs to grow up(or at least wake up)!!
I know of no other captain who has attempted to entice marquee players elsewhere.
And I know of no other player who has missed tackles/dropped passes etc simply to force his way out of the club.
These 3 mental midgets with zero integrity are only surpassed by their manager...with B Elias not far behind
I'm shocked!
They think such a lot of you :P