Esan article

Wests Tigers Discussion
Geo.

Re: Esan article

Post by Geo. » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 10:46 am

Great move by Cleary to get Marsters trimmer to hsndle 80mins at Centre..

His ability to stand or break a tackle run from dummy half and get an offload away reminds me of the way Hodges played thr game. ..

In a position we were weak in we now have one spot locked down bucking the trend of getting young blokes with skill to bulk up and become back row robotic battering rams. ..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 11:34 am

Balmainian wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2018 9:58 am
tiger05premier wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 6:51 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 6:47 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 14 Mar, 2018 5:40 pm
What I like most about Marsters is he had a reputation in the 20s for having real attacking talent but also being a bit lazy on the tough work / defensive side of things. He'd put his hand up close to the try line but not necessarily when tough work was required.

He got that rep game with the Cook Islands team and has just gone from strength to strength since.

I admire when players come to grade without that hype or fanfare, but grasp their opportunity, work hard and get better every week. Marsters was in line for debut last year and is now our first-choice centre.

Twal and Hooth gave similar qualities - unheralde but putting in the hard work to make the team better, even if not being individual superstars like a Tedesco.
He made a ripper tackle on Tedesco about 5 out from the line a bone cruncher and teddy spilled it.
Let us off the hook that tackle.
Marshall made the initial contact
I’d have to look at it again, but I thought Marsters hit him direct.
I guess Benji put Tupou into touch aswell?
I thought Marsters did the hit as well but where i looked up the hit Marshall did on Teddy it came up with the one i thought was all Marsters where there was an initial hit than Marsters hit him to finish it off making teddy drop it

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 15 Mar, 2018 1:19 pm

Such a shame Suli had no work ethic. What a combo that could have been.