happy tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:34 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 12:06 pm
supercoach wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:46 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:58 am
Said it a few times , we are playing footy far too far away from the ad line , we need to play closer to the line to create more pressure and to make the opposition have to make defensive decisions

At the moment the opposition has time to react to our attack , we need to change that

Our big weapons aren't being utilized with flat balls close to the line or in situations where defenders have to make decisions

Those weapons are Aloiai and Marsters (Lawrence also , but his hands get ugly when we play at the line )

The minute they become utilized oppositions will need to make decisions , that's when Brook's running game will become a weapon also

It might take a little time , but the defence is their and remember we have probably faced arguably the two best defensive sides in the comp
Your right but as you highlighted our ball runners don't have a good track record with their hands taking balls in traffic and our passes tend to throw plenty of flat passes forward. I guess its all about training drills and plenty of hard work. Manly were very good at it yesterday, but Parra have plenty of players who don't want to tackle
Something is up at Parramatta and I don't know what it is. Unless Jarryd Hayne has pissed everyone off there already... but that was way too fast.

Wondering if we could poach Manu Mau or someone else?
Paul Kent claims they had a forty minute warm up and that was what beat them , they were finished before they started
Close to forty degrees and a hot wind to boot and you run your players around for the equivalent of half a game, what the hell did they expect.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 2:50 am

southerntiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:59 am
upthetigers wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:53 am
southerntiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:48 am
Magpie Magic wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:43 am
Maybe they can bring Farah back on 90k on an educational and feel good role.

Better than anybody else atm real fairytale stuff.
Farah will never have any association with this club in the future. No point suggesting it. It is not going to happen. He not only burned his bridges, but dug the channel deeper to make it impossible to rebuild the bridges.
Burnt bridges? Lol he was a club legend and was treated with complete disrespect by the club. He shouldn't come back it wouldn't feel like a feel good story at all. Besides we have Liddle. Teddy had huge raps on him.
Okay. If that is what you want to believe. Perhaps if you go and ask a few people in the club about his behaviour you will hear another side.
This could be correct when you judge how better they are performing this year than when he was captain - now wonder he had them walking on eggshells, maybe try blaming the coaching. The defence of Moses, Brooks and the whole team seems to have improved with different coaching, whether in WT or elsewhere. And Farah named and illustrated that point very well in that interview when he was demoted to reserves. Farah seemed smarter than the then coach.

Farah still played excellently in the World Cup he is still an 80 minute player who is holding up better than players 10 years lesser than himself. To continue playing in first grade to the end of his career and under much better circumstances at WT I could easily imagine him conforming to the great current culture that is WT.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 7:28 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 20 Mar, 2018 2:50 am
southerntiger wrote:
upthetigers wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

Farah will never have any association with this club in the future. No point suggesting it. It is not going to happen. He not only burned his bridges, but dug the channel deeper to make it impossible to rebuild the bridges.
Burnt bridges? Lol he was a club legend and was treated with complete disrespect by the club. He shouldn't come back it wouldn't feel like a feel good story at all. Besides we have Liddle. Teddy had huge raps on him.
Okay. If that is what you want to believe. Perhaps if you go and ask a few people in the club about his behaviour you will hear another side.
This could be correct when you judge how better they are performing this year than when he was captain - now wonder he had them walking on eggshells, maybe try blaming the coaching. The defence of Moses, Brooks and the whole team seems to have improved with different coaching, whether in WT or elsewhere. And Farah named and illustrated that point very well in that interview when he was demoted to reserves. Farah seemed smarter than the then coach.

Farah still played excellently in the World Cup he is still an 80 minute player who is holding up better than players 10 years lesser than himself. To continue playing in first grade to the end of his career and under much better circumstances at WT I could easily imagine him conforming to the great current culture that is WT.
I Totally agree Byron. Let's bring him home.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 7:35 am

Don't bite!

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 8:51 am

Cairnstigers wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:02 pm
At this point Benji is only here for this year
Reynolds is here for the next 4 years
Brooks and LIDDLE for this year and next
Reynolds will be in the starting side long term and was bought to play in the halves with Brookes
Not Hooker
As good a job as Benji is doing at the moment I can see him moving back to the bench in the # 17
This may allow him to keep playing on a little longer and he may just re-sign for another year
Liddle will have his chance this year and next and must step up to keep his position in the side long term
I think he will do well if he can stay injury free
If not we look for another Hooker
It is possible that Reynolds and Benji share the Halves roll with Brooks
As Ivan has said before
He may play all 3 at the same time
But I don't think it will be Liddles Expense
I see your logic, but these are the 2 best games Benji has played back to back in at least 6 years and possibly 13 years as he has made good decisions for 80 minutes. If he is doing that at the end of this year then we worry about next year and if he thinks he can do it again, but physically and mentally he has 80 in him.

Plus he had no trials and will get fitter.

Good problem to have really.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 9:59 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
upthetigers wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

I can't!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 10:10 am

TigerBarn wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 11:25 am
So the Roosters and Storm have scored 30 plus in their other 2 games but only 8 points each against us.

They are both considered to be 2 of the best sides in the comp, if we don't score points against the Eels in round 4 than I would start to worry about the attack.

We could beat the Broncos 2 nil and I would be happy,
The point I'll make there is Roosters and Storm both played the Dogs, so it's hard to say quite how good we've been or how bad the Dogs have been.

Certainly we've been good enough and Dogs ordinary enough, but maybe Storm just don't have the attacking finesse this year and maybe Roosters will take some time to properly click.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 10:21 am

Goodinet and Mcilwrick combination has been good. Not sure we are giving the team enough credit they have come up against two of the best defensive sides from the past 2 years and a complete new lineup.

Longer term if he wins the position we are best served with Liddle at 9, Brooks 7, Reynolds 6 with Marshall coming on to play 6 and moving Reynolds to hooker. Marshall would be key in the last 10 of the first half and the back end of the game.

That will generate points, keep our best players in the game and create headaches for opposition teams.

For the time being the coach has to stick solid with the team as the TEAM mentality is why we are winning.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 20 Mar, 2018 1:40 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 20 Mar, 2018 9:59 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
upthetigers wrote:

Russell:
I can't!
Hi Russell, it seems like a different era when you were correctly praising the up and coming talent of Jacob Liddle and why Farah wasn't needed. I thought at the time that Jacob was just not strong enough for the heavy knocks of the game but I know nothing. Fast forward and Robbie has still played like the champ he is and the unfortunate Mr. Liddle is on the slow all-stations train to the city. WT could probably pull off a very discounted price for Robbie to finish off this season and his career back at his heartland alongside Benji so winners all round. Benji did take his foot off the peddle before departing the Tigers years back - Robbie never did that. And I may have been correct about not replacing Robbie as captain with Aaron - though I am the least knowledgeable about league.

It was a different coach who for all the wrong reasons got Robbie off side - now is the time for goodwill on both sides.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 6:08 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 20 Mar, 2018 1:40 pm
Russell wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

Russell:
I can't!
Hi Russell, it seems like a different era when you were correctly praising the up and coming talent of Jacob Liddle and why Farah wasn't needed. I thought at the time that Jacob was just not strong enough for the heavy knocks of the game but I know nothing. Fast forward and Robbie has still played like the champ he is and the unfortunate Mr. Liddle is on the slow all-stations train to the city. WT could probably pull off a very discounted price for Robbie to finish off this season and his career back at his heartland alongside Benji so winners all round. Benji did take his foot off the peddle before departing the Tigers years back - Robbie never did that. And I may have been correct about not replacing Robbie as captain with Aaron - though I am the least knowledgeable about league.

It was a different coach who for all the wrong reasons got Robbie off side - now is the time for goodwill on both sides.
Enough...

The North Sydney Bears forum needs your support..take it there...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 6:22 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 6:08 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 20 Mar, 2018 1:40 pm
Russell wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

Russell:
I can't!

Enough...

The North Sydney Bears forum needs your support..take it there...
Tag and release :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 7:10 am

On Brooks.
Does anyone not see the benefit of him playing alongside Marshall at the moment?
Surely Brooks is starting to pick up on the subtle game management moments that Marshall has opted for?
Ultimately when Brooks and Reynolds play in the half’s together again, we need Brooks to be a combination of both himself and Marshall. Playing alongside his hero will only serve us better for the years ahead. It’s rubbing off on Brooks you can see it in his kicks towards the ends of the games. It’s a blessing in disguise that Reynolds is injured and Marshall is in form. There’s no better way to put it into practice than in an actual game with Brooks learning off Marshall on the field rather than in training. On hooker, did no one see the play from dummy half that got us the win?

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:32 am

When Reynolds gets back I would have him covering the back row and hooker.
There’s no reason at all(at the moment)to fix something that’s not broken.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 11:16 am

McIllwrick - looked OK to me.

Not a world champion but very solid....

Anyone but JR @ 9

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 2:13 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 12:37 pm
colmcd wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 12:06 pm
supercoach wrote:
Mon 19 Mar, 2018 9:46 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:58 am
Said it a few times , we are playing footy far too far away from the ad line , we need to play closer to the line to create more pressure and to make the opposition have to make defensive decisions

At the moment the opposition has time to react to our attack , we need to change that

Our big weapons aren't being utilized with flat balls close to the line or in situations where defenders have to make decisions

Those weapons are Aloiai and Marsters (Lawrence also , but his hands get ugly when we play at the line )

The minute they become utilized oppositions will need to make decisions , that's when Brook's running game will become a weapon also

It might take a little time , but the defence is their and remember we have probably faced arguably the two best defensive sides in the comp
Your right but as you highlighted our ball runners don't have a good track record with their hands taking balls in traffic and our passes tend to throw plenty of flat passes forward. I guess its all about training drills and plenty of hard work. Manly were very good at it yesterday, but Parra have plenty of players who don't want to tackle
Something is up at Parramatta and I don't know what it is. Unless Jarryd Hayne has pissed everyone off there already... but that was way too fast.

Wondering if we could poach Manu Mau or someone else?
Looks like a similar problem we have had in the past with certain players egos and they are getting belted up the middle.

They just threw the in the towel after 10 minutes also Moses abusing the ref no real surprise there.
Wow, with Beau Scott, Manu Mau and others I am surprised.

Something is wrong at the Eels.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Wed 28 Mar, 2018 7:31 am

We came up against 3 top 4 sides and almost got 3 wins.

We focused on Defense.
The Titans have focused on attack.

Anyone regretting our focus on Defense? Anyone?