Coaches Corner - Wests Tigers & Eels

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39649
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Coaches Corner - Wests Tigers & Eels

Post by happy tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 7:50 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 7:23 pm
snowleopard wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 9:58 am
Russell wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 8:42 am
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 8:22 am


That wasn't the point though

For me this will be the big question though , when true fatigue starts to set in around Rd 8/9/10 how will we cope ??

Maybe short spells for players won't hurt , we do have some depth , resting blokes like Taylor , Matulino ,Packer , The Twuth , Rowdy for a Round out of every six might be beneficial down the track and give the blokes in ISP some extra motivation that they are close
Good idea - especially if it is given thought of who you can rest against what team.

Best suggestion for a long time on here.
Interesting. I posted that idea a couple of weeks ago and the answer. Was I an Aussie cricket selelector.

With our forward depth in Grant, Sue, Felise and Sirronen we wouldn’t lose much if any one of them replaced any one of our currrent pack as the difference between them is relatively small. If the ISP team forwards keeps performing then the risk is even lower and they would be motivated by knowing that they will get their chance if they maintain a high standard.
Geez mate I certainly got under your skin!! Was only a joke mate - but, I can’t stand the rotation policy in cricket and the players hate it so I’m afraid I feel it’s the same for footy. If you’re fit, you play. Players would hate resting. what if your replacement plays out of his skin? Ask josh Reynolds if he’d want to give Benji a shot at the title! NO WAY!!!!
Sorry mate, gotta let your idea go through to the keeper!
But they are all on the bus , so the best thing for the team should always come first

If giving Matulino , Packer, Lawrence , Taylor , Twal ,Eisenhuth and Rochow a week off now and then is the best for us to make a run at the Top 8 it happens , no if's ,but's or maybe's

Ego free zone we hopes in 2018 and beyond and the WT's


User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 7:57 pm

Rotation is a predetermined strategy where players miss games periodically to supposedly keep them fresh - NO to that.
Players are fatigued or carrying niggles and need a week to freshen up - YES to that.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2763
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 8:24 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 7:57 pm
Rotation is a predetermined strategy where players miss games periodically to supposedly keep them fresh - NO to that.
Players are fatigued or carrying niggles and need a week to freshen up - YES to that.
I agree
"Quality Stupidity"

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2423
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:16 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 1:33 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 8:01 pm
I like when Matty Elliott talks tactics, got a great analytical brain for the game.
CB Robbie Rochow was Grandstand Sunday week ago and Elliott had massive raps on Rochow as a future NRL coach

Love listening to him talking rugby league , for me he is the Ian Chappell of the NRL a true visionary of the game moving forward
X2 I watched every episode of Matt Elliott last year on NRL.com, a real great football brain.
I loved it when he hung himself with his tie while coaching Penrith.

User avatar
beachtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:12 am
Location: Sunshine Coast

Post by beachtiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:50 pm

Can’t see the point in not playing your best 17 each week. Watching NRL 360 with Billy Moore on and he said something to the effect that there are 13 players in the team and 4 blokes as back up.

I don’t think there is a player anywhere that doesn’t want to start on the field every week and play 80mins! Whilst I know that isn’t possible I can’t see how a rotation policy that drops players in form just so they can have a rest can be a good thing. The best place to improve your game is in the game!


Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3112
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:16 pm

beachtiger wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:50 pm
Can’t see the point in not playing your best 17 each week. Watching NRL 360 with Billy Moore on and he said something to the effect that there are 13 players in the team and 4 blokes as back up.

I don’t think there is a player anywhere that doesn’t want to start on the field every week and play 80mins! Whilst I know that isn’t possible I can’t see how a rotation policy that drops players in form just so they can have a rest can be a good thing. The best place to improve your game is in the game!
Pretty sure Sam Kasiano and George Rose would have nightmares about having to play 80 minutes...

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3773
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 12:05 am

Nelson wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:16 pm
beachtiger wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:50 pm
Can’t see the point in not playing your best 17 each week. Watching NRL 360 with Billy Moore on and he said something to the effect that there are 13 players in the team and 4 blokes as back up.

I don’t think there is a player anywhere that doesn’t want to start on the field every week and play 80mins! Whilst I know that isn’t possible I can’t see how a rotation policy that drops players in form just so they can have a rest can be a good thing. The best place to improve your game is in the game!
Pretty sure Sam Kasiano and George Rose would have nightmares about having to play 80 minutes...

Our big Russ wouldn't go much on that idea either.

User avatar
beachtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:12 am
Location: Sunshine Coast

Post by beachtiger » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 9:45 am

Nelson wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:16 pm
beachtiger wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:50 pm
Can’t see the point in not playing your best 17 each week. Watching NRL 360 with Billy Moore on and he said something to the effect that there are 13 players in the team and 4 blokes as back up.

I don’t think there is a player anywhere that doesn’t want to start on the field every week and play 80mins! Whilst I know that isn’t possible I can’t see how a rotation policy that drops players in form just so they can have a rest can be a good thing. The best place to improve your game is in the game!
Pretty sure Sam Kasiano and George Rose would have nightmares about having to play 80 minutes...
Haha yeah that’s a fair point

Post Reply