Nofoaluma

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
TSupps05
Member
Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri 17 Jun, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Nofoaluma

Post by TSupps05 » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:46 pm

Nofa is a great guy and will stick by the club. A little bit of depth doesn't hurt anyone. After the first round selection Nofa came out saying himself and Corey push each other and it is great for the club and himself. A true player will stick by and work there way back up, not spit the dummy and move clubs because they got the rough end of the stick.
Ohh Stop it Tui :master:


User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW

Post by hammertime » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:50 pm

Considering we won the first two games based on defense, I wonder if we would be in the same position we are now if Noffa was selected on the wing.

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2415
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:54 pm

hammertime wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:50 pm
Considering we won the first two games based on defense, I wonder if we would be in the same position we are now if Noffa was selected on the wing.
Noffa played wing in the Melbourne game tho....
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. swag tiger.

User avatar
Luke
Member
Member
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Luke » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:56 pm

Tacky wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:54 pm
hammertime wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:50 pm
Considering we won the first two games based on defense, I wonder if we would be in the same position we are now if Noffa was selected on the wing.
Noffa played wing in the Melbourne game tho....
Exactly. He also played on the wing against the Broncos too and even though we lost that game it wasn't because of his defence...

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 1:01 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 9:31 am
Sabre wrote:
Tue 03 Apr, 2018 8:35 pm
Nelson wrote:
Tue 03 Apr, 2018 8:26 pm
Russell wrote:
Tue 03 Apr, 2018 8:17 pm


So you say to the NRL player - look your playing really well and we are winning but Irving Schwarz is ripping it up in a much inferior competition - so you are being dropped.

Yea that will keep players motivated and not resenting the situation.
You say, "Mate you've done nothing wrong but the guy behind you is just in such form that we need to give him a shot." Why should players get mortgages over their positions just because the team is winning? That isn't real competition. The guys in reggies can only play what's in front of them.
That's ridiculous.
So if you are Paul Green you say to Johnathan Thurston "Look mate, you've done nothing wrong but Jaelen Feeney is going great for the Townsville Blackhawks, he's taking your spot this week"?
MWZ is not Thurston. Nofo will offer much more in NRL and you know it
Just going to jump in here for a second.
Let’s have a look at the past...2016
Teddy
Nof
Kev
Simona
Rankin
Moses
Brooks
This was our backline for the majority of the season, with no pressure to perform we were pretty much what parramatta are now.
A team without depth and nowhere to turn if players were off their game.

Depth.
We have it this year and should use to the best of our advantage.
Nof has been one of our best over the years because our outside backs have been rubbish.
Now we have tradesman like footballers all of whom are putting their body on the line.
It’s crazy to say Nof or anyone else deserves a spot in the 17.
Effort, Ability and attitude deserve a spot in the 17 not reputation.


TigersBusDriver
Member
Member
Posts: 753
Joined: Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by TigersBusDriver » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 1:04 pm

Luke wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:56 pm
Tacky wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:54 pm
hammertime wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:50 pm
Considering we won the first two games based on defense, I wonder if we would be in the same position we are now if Noffa was selected on the wing.
Noffa played wing in the Melbourne game tho....
Exactly. He also played on the wing against the Broncos too and even though we lost that game it wasn't because of his defence...
Agreed.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27166
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 1:10 pm

Tacky wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:54 pm
hammertime wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:50 pm
Considering we won the first two games based on defense, I wonder if we would be in the same position we are now if Noffa was selected on the wing.
Noffa played wing in the Melbourne game tho....
Don't let facts get in the way...I also don't believe Addo-Carr scored it was Vunivalu..I also recall Nofoaluma smashing a Broncos winger into touch on the tryline..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5477
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 1:12 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 1:10 pm
Tacky wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:54 pm
hammertime wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:50 pm
Considering we won the first two games based on defense, I wonder if we would be in the same position we are now if Noffa was selected on the wing.
Noffa played wing in the Melbourne game tho....
Don't let facts get in the way...I also don't believe Addo-Carr scored it was Vunivalu..I also recall Nofoaluma smashing a Broncos winger into touch on the tryline..
You recall correctly, unlike some on here
Go hard or go home

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 2:04 pm

Yo’all want to second guess Ivan? Really? Have an opinion by all means but pls, don’t be offended if others disagree.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4947
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 2:05 pm

You need your top 25 players at least to be successful in this comp. Nofo will get his chances and I expect him to excel. What a bonus it will be to bring him back into the team.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2902
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 2:52 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 2:04 pm
Yo’all want to second guess Ivan? Really? Have an opinion by all means but pls, don’t be offended if others disagree.
I don't care if others disagree but I get annoyed when others use things like false data, false analogies and false equivalence in argument against a point. I'm also not going to just blindly agree with every decision Cleary ever makes while the team is winning.

User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW

Post by hammertime » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 3:00 pm

851 wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 1:12 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 1:10 pm
Tacky wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:54 pm
hammertime wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 12:50 pm
Considering we won the first two games based on defense, I wonder if we would be in the same position we are now if Noffa was selected on the wing.
Noffa played wing in the Melbourne game tho....
Don't let facts get in the way...I also don't believe Addo-Carr scored it was Vunivalu..I also recall Nofoaluma smashing a Broncos winger into touch on the tryline..
You recall correctly, unlike some on here
Sorry lads, you're right. My bad memory. I thought it was only the Broncos game.
We'll that changes my perspective then.

User avatar
teddy23
Member
Member
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue 03 Feb, 2015 10:46 am

Post by teddy23 » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 3:04 pm

Surely is a better option than MWZ

But he’ll be back sooner rather than later

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27166
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 3:15 pm

Nelson wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 2:52 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 2:04 pm
Yo’all want to second guess Ivan? Really? Have an opinion by all means but pls, don’t be offended if others disagree.
I don't care if others disagree but I get annoyed when others use things like false data, false analogies and false equivalence in argument against a point. I'm also not going to just blindly agree with every decision Cleary ever makes while the team is winning.
x 2 to suit agendas...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 3:43 pm

I am confident in saying Nofa will work his way back in the team, but it wont be based on reputation or because what he has done for us in the past. This would go against everything Ivan is building.

He is playing well in regs and is keeping big pressure on the current starting side. His opportunity will come and I am sure he will be looking to put in a big performance.

It will be a big positive to have him back in the team but I trust Ivan to make the right decision when this happens.

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 1953
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 4:22 pm

Nelson wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 2:52 pm
larrycorowa wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 2:04 pm
Yo’all want to second guess Ivan? Really? Have an opinion by all means but pls, don’t be offended if others disagree.
I don't care if others disagree but I get annoyed when others use things like false data, false analogies and false equivalence in argument against a point. I'm also not going to just blindly agree with every decision Cleary ever makes while the team is winning.
You think you got better data/info than Ivan? Point I’m making is that no one here has any idea of the rationale for not playing nofo...,we are all second guessing with incomplete info. But....I guess we need something to talk about...not really bothered

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1908
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 5:08 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Wed 04 Apr, 2018 10:15 am
Pretty sure Thompson played left wing at the dogs. You wouldn't need to train anyone in a new position.
Yep. You can easily move him to the left.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16930
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 04 Apr, 2018 5:17 pm

Ivan knows what he's doing. MWZ is being picked first for a reason. Not going to speculate as to why. Either way MWZ and Nofo are very capable players and have their strengths and weaknesses.

Injuries have already seen him play a couple of games this year, so it's not as though he's on the outer.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Post Reply