G-Train says the Tigers won't make the top 8

Wests Tigers Discussion
jrtiger

Re: G-Train says the Tigers won't make the top 8

Post by jrtiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 10:52 am

Let him have his opinion, time will tell.

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:24 am

A lot of people are still under the assumption that we're 'scrappers', just grinding out wins as if we're running on pure emotion, rather than discipline, good structure and skill. While that could be partly true, I'm starting to see some class - we look like we've gone to another level tbh. If ever we were going to turn into a clinical side, at least in part, than it looks like it could be this year we turn that corner.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:29 am

Listening to the clip it's not as though he is toeing in from the get go. He makes valid points. We're finding ways to win, but this defensive effort will be difficult to maintain all year, and we have a bit of depth but a few injuries in the starting 13 will start to test us.

I hate the cheating dope as much as anyone but there wasn't much to argue with there if what he says eventuates. St George fans know quite well how quickly it can all go to pot.

It also gives the boys extra motivation to level the bastard when they play.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:34 am

I don't blame the "experts" underestimating us, look at our run over the last 7-8 years... To suddenly come out and be giant-beaters is a shock to rugby league, but certainly doesn't cement us as a top-8 team in the eyes of anyone other than ourselves.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:34 am

we need depth at the tail end that is okay, get my hero back on peanuts coz 75% subsidised by Bunnies and he can cover a few positions if need be. Then next year he becomes homeless again. If he assists in getting us into the finals that's what we want, I doubt under IC and with a better team all round he will behave 100% well like has done at Bunnies.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:36 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:34 am
we need depth at the tail end that is okay, get my hero back on peanuts coz 75% subsidised by Bunnies and he can cover a few positions if need be. Then next year he becomes homeless again. If he assists in getting us into the finals that's what we want, I doubt under IC and with a better team all round he will behave 100% well like has done at Bunnies.
Mate you need therapy you are fixated on RF you literally talk about him in every post.

Look how good we are going stop living in the past.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:57 am

Good for us to be under radar.
Better betting odds.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 12:03 pm

I found Gould's comments more interesting. He said that nobody has played well against us because, we haven't allowed them to play well. Adding that it wasn't just a fluke.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 12:12 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:29 am
Listening to the clip it's not as though he is toeing in from the get go. He makes valid points. We're finding ways to win, but this defensive effort will be difficult to maintain all year, and we have a bit of depth but a few injuries in the starting 13 will start to test us.

I hate the cheating dope as much as anyone but there wasn't much to argue with there if what he says eventuates. St George fans know quite well how quickly it can all go to pot.

It also gives the boys extra motivation to level the bastard when they play.
Any team that gets a few key injuries will struggle a little
When ever Gallen talks it's his backside that moves not his mouth

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 12:13 pm

We just need to continue to work to our current defensive standards and improve our attack (which will come) and have luck on our side for a change.
I will be happy with at best 7th or 8th placing but would not be dissapinted with first 10 at season end.
Lots to build on for next year.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 12:16 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:36 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:34 am
Mate you need therapy you are fixated on RF you literally talk about him in every post.

Look how good we are going stop living in the past.
Robbies best position these days is behind the counter down at the local Kebab shop

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 12:29 pm

Clearyweareone wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:51 am
He has packed down into too many scrums.
Scrums, are there scrums in league??

This unit is probably putting this crap out there to lift his TV profile to start setting up for life after league.

But as mentioned, the underdog title is fine by me

tiger85

Post by tiger85 » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 12:36 pm

i didn't take what he said that harshly. the style of footy we are playing will be hard to maintain. im still backing them into the 8 for sure.
Balmain Born Wests Sworn!!!!!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 12:44 pm

Get used to it peeps, Gallen is being positioned for post-retirement media roles and he's likely to be a bit of a troll.

I respect his opinion like I respect his reputation, which is to say not at all.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 1:04 pm

Wow. Slow news day.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 1:08 pm

Tacky wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 12:03 pm
I found Gould's comments more interesting. He said that nobody has played well against us because, we haven't allowed them to play well. Adding that it wasn't just a fluke.
Gould’s a very astute judge. Cameron Smith said the same thing when we beat them in Melbourne, he also said we were well coached by Ivan. If you listen to Gould he also stated he signed Maloney also as a halfback if Cleary was missing. You could read into that a few ways but he also stated he would not stand in Nathan’s way if he wants to play for his Dad.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 1:09 pm

Sco77y wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:24 am
A lot of people are still under the assumption that we're 'scrappers', just grinding out wins as if we're running on pure emotion, rather than discipline, good structure and skill. While that could be partly true, I'm starting to see some class - we look like we've gone to another level tbh. If ever we were going to turn into a clinical side, at least in part, than it looks like it could be this year we turn that corner.
yep i was thinking of us as scrappers too until brooks, lawrence and benji took over in the last 10-15 against melbourne.

teams are starting to find a way around our defence- melbourne almost pulled off two tries in identical fashion and so did eels.

i still dont think we are genuine premiership threat simply based on a lack of talent but if benji, brooks, lolo and liddle combine like before then watch out.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Don Kershane

Post by Don Kershane » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 1:21 pm

Not required to wear a helmet when riding his Harley.His skull passed : Australian/New Zealand Standard AS/NZS 1698:2006