Stat that shows how far we have come.

Wests Tigers Discussion
Yossarian

Re: Stat that shows how far we have come.

Post by Yossarian » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 9:57 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 12:45 pm
Late in the Melbourne game last week, up by 1 Brooks gets the ball on the last about 20 out from their line... I think he was about to kick but pressure from the defense forced his hand... He stepped and jinker then headed to the corner despite there being many defenders there.... And took the tackle, handing over the ball in the perfect spot, next best outcome after a try or a repeat set... Calmly assessed the situation rather than panicking and risking 7tackles/20metres.

Great play imo and shows the maturity & confidence Ivan's brought out in him
Yep absolutely. It's probably a better play than even kicking the ball out. Hemmed in on the sideline, 90m to go. The improvement in Brooks is amazing. It's like everything after the Dragona debut game has been reset. Options are better - last year he doesn't hit Lawrence as lead runner for that try. He is running smarter, kicking better, defending stronger, choosing smarter.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 10:59 pm

Seantice wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 12:52 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 12:45 pm
Late in the Melbourne game last week, up by 1 Brooks gets the ball on the last about 20 out from their line... I think he was about to kick but pressure from the defense forced his hand... He stepped and jinked then headed to the corner despite there being many defenders there.... And took the tackle, handing over the ball in the perfect spot, next best outcome after a try or a repeat set... Calmly assessed the situation rather than panicking and risking 7tackles/20metres.

Great play imo and shows the maturity & confidence Ivan's brought out in him
I remember that. It was inside the ten on the sideline so perfect place for a turnover. Last year he would of kicked it dead.
A few sets earlier, same position, he kicked it into the legs of a Storm player for a changeover, so he learned his lesson.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 11:41 pm

05TIGZ wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 12:36 pm
fibrodreaming wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 12:12 pm
Over at The Roar, Tim Gore has written a good article praising Ivan Cleary. He quoted the following stats re the Tigers:

• the fewest tries conceded of any side (7) so far this season. That includes two games against last season’s top-scoring side.
• the fewest errors of any side (40)
• the most errors forced from their opponents (60)
• the third fewest line breaks conceded (11)
• the third most metres made (7638)
• the most kick metres made of any side (3314)
• the most line drop outs forced (14)
Wow what a turn around. Let’s hope we can maintain it.
Wow... Think about this. A side who most players have joined this year. No Gel, No Combinations, really only 1 pre season and Mr Cleary has turned us into a defense machine. I have been expecting people to run in, not trust the guys next too them ,etc.

Instead our defense has been awesome and only our attack a little lacking. I can't wait till the Marshall/Brooks/Reynolds tap turns on and we see over 20 points per game again. When that happens, we will have a St George Dragons like defense to back up our attack.

Good times

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 11:58 pm

colmcd wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 11:41 pm
05TIGZ wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 12:36 pm
fibrodreaming wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 12:12 pm
Over at The Roar, Tim Gore has written a good article praising Ivan Cleary. He quoted the following stats re the Tigers:

• the fewest tries conceded of any side (7) so far this season. That includes two games against last season’s top-scoring side.
• the fewest errors of any side (40)
• the most errors forced from their opponents (60)
• the third fewest line breaks conceded (11)
• the third most metres made (7638)
• the most kick metres made of any side (3314)
• the most line drop outs forced (14)
Wow what a turn around. Let’s hope we can maintain it.
Wow... Think about this. A side who most players have joined this year. No Gel, No Combinations, really only 1 pre season and Mr Cleary has turned us into a defense machine. I have been expecting people to run in, not trust the guys next too them ,etc.

Instead our defense has been awesome and only our attack a little lacking. I can't wait till the Marshall/Brooks/Reynolds tap turns on and we see over 20 points per game again. When that happens, we will have a St George Dragons like defense to back up our attack.

Good times
& Liddle!
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.