WOULD IZZY ADD VALUE TO WESTS TIGERS

Cultured Bogan

Re: WOULD IZZY ADD VALUE TO WESTS TIGERS

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:18 pm

Without getting into his personal/religious views, he will want overs, and I don't think I'd want him here for that sort of money. I am sure better value signings will be available in due time.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:22 pm

Silentio wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 2:48 pm
tiger05premier wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 2:39 pm
Silentio wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 2:28 pm
He'd be a good signing (even more so because he's originally from Campbelltown), but league can't match the rugby dollars. Simple.

Whether you agree with him or not, he has huge balls to stick by his beliefs with all the heat he's copping.
Na

I think he is just rude

It's none of his business what people do with their private lives

I get the feeling (and yes its only my opinion ) that most people that think like that hide behind their religion when they would have the same feeling towards gays evenif they weren't religious

I just don't get why anyone thinks that gay people are some sought lower class citizen
He (originally) didn't come out and make a statement, write an essay, hold a public speech or run a hate campaign. Somebody just asked him a question on Instagram.

He also never said he hated homosexual people or that they were lower class citizens.

All he has done is express his religion's theological view and has stood by it.
I hear what you are saying and respect that.

I just believe comments like that hide a deeper feeling towards gays.

He also is in a position where he should know better than to make such comments.

Whoever queried him on it pretty much baited him knowing he would blab his mouth about his feelings.

My point is that i just can't comprehend such feelings towards others people.

Whether hidden behind religion or whatever there is no place in the 21st century for it.

Gay people don't need to repent their sins cos their not sinning.

Religions need to move with the times.

They are just the beliefs of people who have lived in the past tgat were written down and passed down through time.

They are not the be all and end all of life.

Yes everyone has a right to believe in what they want but some beliefs should be kept secret and that is one of them.

Gay people are normal people.

They are not a topic.

This shouldn't even be a debate cos his statement didn't even need to be said

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:27 pm

I could understand some of this beat up if he shared stood on a street corner and preached a personal opinion, but he didn’t. He directly answered a question. His answer was not his OPINION, his answer is accurate to what the bible says.

People are angry that the bible says this. I just don’t understand how it’s his fault for telling people what the bible says.

Truth is not hate. Truth is truth. The bible is clear on many ways of living. People can reject the bible as they see fit. However it is incredibly dangerous to reject a persons freedom to answer a question because it offends another person.

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:30 pm

Kul wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 9:11 am
I'd take him, at the right price, certainly not $1mil.

He's entitled to his opinion on things, but he alone chose to make those views public and has to accept what that means. There will be players and fans who would have an issue, but he's suitability as a player should be assessed on his ability on the field...

To be honest, I'm only subservient to the one true God, his Noodly Greatness, the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Only he can touch me with his noodly appendages. Ramen!

Yes it's a good one have you seen the driver license photos with the pasta colander on there head long live the pastafarian

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:36 pm

tiger05premier wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:22 pm
Silentio wrote:
tiger05premier wrote:
Silentio wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 2:28 pm
He'd be a good signing (even more so because he's originally from Campbelltown), but league can't match the rugby dollars. Simple.

Whether you agree with him or not, he has huge balls to stick by his beliefs with all the heat he's copping.
Na

I think he is just rude

I get the feeling (and yes its only my opinion ) that most people that think like that hide behind their religion when they would have the same feeling towards gays evenif they weren't religious

I just don't get why anyone thinks that gay people are some sought lower class citizen
He (originally) didn't come out and make a statement, write an essay, hold a public speech or run a hate campaign. Somebody just asked him a question on Instagram.

He also never said he hated homosexual people or that they were lower class citizens.

He also is in a position where he should know better than to make such comments.

Whoever queried him on it pretty much baited him knowing he would blab his mouth about his feelings.

Whether hidden behind religion or whatever there is no place in the 21st century for it.

They are just the beliefs of people who have lived in the past tgat were written down and passed down through time.

Yes everyone has a right to believe in what they want but some beliefs should be kept secret and that is one of them.

They are not a topic.

But... you are sharing your religion above. Yours doesn’t have a book that doesn’t change. Your changes with the time. Yours says being gay is fine. His doesn’t.

You have the right to say the above and I applaud you for doing it.

Just like I applaud Folau for sharing his.

Friends, don’t make the mistake of thinking society will be happier if people never share what is important to them. It will just breed mistrust and less integration.

Instead we need the courage to all be different and not be offended by it. We can share our views and differences and then live together knowing truly who the other person is.

I will never believe the Roosters are not cheats. I will share this view with my Rooster friends. I will not change it, but, we will still be friends.

Stop trying to force everyone to agree. We don’t need to agree.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:43 pm

Oh yay, another stupid religious free speech debate.

Not interested in Folau. He is a mercenary and is going to be on the decline. I would also like the club to minimise dealings with Isaac Moses. I'd rather see us out hunting for the next Kalyn Ponga or Matt Dufty.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:48 pm

Mccarry wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:36 pm
tiger05premier wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:22 pm
Silentio wrote:
tiger05premier wrote:

Na

I think he is just rude

They are not a topic.

But... you are sharing your religion above. Yours doesn’t have a book that doesn’t change. Your changes with the time. Yours says being gay is fine. His doesn’t.

You have the right to say the above and I applaud you for doing it.

Just like I applaud Folau for sharing his.

Friends, don’t make the mistake of thinking society will be happier if people never share what is important to them. It will just breed mistrust and less integration.

Instead we need the courage to all be different and not be offended by it. We can share our views and differences and then live together knowing truly who the other person is.

I will never believe the Roosters are not cheats. I will share this view with my Rooster friends. I will not change it, but, we will still be friends.

Stop trying to force everyone to agree. We don’t need to agree.
Sorry for coming across in such a way to you.

I'm not religious in any way and am not trying to push my beliefs onto anyone.

Maybe I'm just no good at expressing myself.

My point is only that I cannot see why this is still an issue in this day n age.

Your colour, your sexuality etc just don't need to be commented on.

I guess i just don't get it

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:51 pm

Can the ideological debate. That's not the focus of this topic.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 4:33 pm

Nelson wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:43 pm
Oh yay, another stupid religious free speech debate.

Not interested in Folau. He is a mercenary and is going to be on the decline. I would also like the club to minimise dealings with Isaac Moses. I'd rather see us out hunting for the next Kalyn Ponga or Matt Dufty.
Yep, agree with the last statement.

kingbrooks

Post by kingbrooks » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 4:37 pm

We have a no idiots policy, not a no big names policy.

Folau would add so much to our team its not funny. Anyone who doesn't understand the importance of a fullback, is not watching the game closely enough. Anytime you go do a backline play its the fullback who chimbs in. Its been our biggest issue (in attack) this year.

We need to spend big money or overs on a fullback and I don't know of a better option. There wouldn't be a fullback in the comp on less than 600 other than at us.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 4:40 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 2:10 pm
I understand the reasoning for people going against what he said

But if anything I respect that he isn’t giving us a media written response - he’s being 110% honest on his views and I for one respect that

From what I’ve heard he’s a humble guy and very religious
I'm an athiest and couldnt give a rats about religion either way. Being "very religious” doesn't mean you are a good person.
We are a club on the way up and promoting a " team first" culture. No need for egotistical mercenary blokes who haven't graced a RL field for half a decade. Onwards and upwards, hopefully soon high-quality RL players will be jumping at the chance to get a gig at WT.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 4:42 pm

kingbrooks wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 4:37 pm
We have a no idiots policy, not a no big names policy.

Folau would add so much to our team its not funny. Anyone who doesn't understand the importance of a fullback, is not watching the game closely enough. Anytime you go do a backline play its the fullback who chimbs in. Its been our biggest issue (in attack) this year.

We need to spend big money or overs on a fullback and I don't know of a better option. There wouldn't be a fullback in the comp on less than 600 other than at us.
Why is Folau all of a sudden a proven NRL fullback?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 4:45 pm

Izzy is also one of these fake NSWelsh Queenslanders ..there i said it
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 5:00 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 4:40 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 2:10 pm
I understand the reasoning for people going against what he said

But if anything I respect that he isn’t giving us a media written response - he’s being 110% honest on his views and I for one respect that

From what I’ve heard he’s a humble guy and very religious
I'm an athiest and couldnt give a rats about religion either way. Being "very religious” doesn't mean you are a good person.
We are a club on the way up and promoting a " team first" culture. No need for egotistical mercenary blokes who haven't graced a RL field for half a decade. Onwards and upwards, hopefully soon high-quality RL players will be jumping at the chance to get a gig at WT.
Agree

Post by 2041 » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 5:01 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:44 pm
weststigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:41 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:27 pm
People defending free speech. My question, is there a limit to free speech? Or can you say absolutely anything when you are in the public spotlight? Somehow i don't think you can.
I guess it's not free speech if you limit what can or can't be said?
So if i said the most said the most vicious things about you, like i think you should be killed, then hid behind free speech, that would be ok? Extreme example but how far is too far. Id say when it is said against you, you would feel differently.
This is the point about whether free speech means being allowed to shout "fire" in a crowded theatre. We have laws against hate speech, and the fact that Folau isn't being prosecuted under them shows what a load of crap the old "lefties won't let other people have their say" argument is. Folau's free to say that he's a homophobe, and other people are allowed to say they think Folau is a wanker as a result. That's free speech on both sides.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 5:01 pm

Not interested in him being in my team on several levels.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 5:02 pm

How is young Smith going?

Hope he makes rapid progress and aticks with us

Post by 2041 » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 5:11 pm

This is all irrelevant anyway because if Folau goes anywhere in the NRL it'll be to the Roosters.