Marsters re-signs

Wests Tigers Discussion
Tacky

Re: Marsters re-signs

Post by Tacky » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 5:40 pm

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the re-signing of dynamic centre Esan Marsters for the coming two seasons.

The new deal will see Marsters remain at Wests Tigers until at least the end of the 2020 NRL season.

Since making his debut in Round 13, 2017, the 21 year old has taken to the field 19 times for Wests Tigers.

Marsters said that he was thrilled to be extending his stay at Wests Tigers.

“It was definitely an easy choice for me to stay at Wests Tigers,” said Marsters. “They gave me a chance to play first-grade here and I really want to pay them back by playing some good footy.

"I just enjoy being around this club, all the boys are really tight and I’ve got some of my best mates here.

"We’re all pretty close on the field and it’s really reflecting on the field.

“In saying that, I really want to play for Ivan as well. He’s stuck by me this entire time so I really want to play some good footy for him and just finish the year on a good note,” he said.

“I think all the boys are really close this year and do things for each other.

"We’re showing on the field what we can do and I’m really happy to be a part of it.

"We definitely want to keep improving and working hard as a team and that’s the most important thing.”

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary said that he looked forward to continuing to work with Marsters over the coming seasons.

“Esan is developing into an impressive player and I look forward to working with him on the next part of his career with Wests Tigers,” said Cleary.

“In a short period of time he’s shown himself to be a very valuable member of our team and we look forward to seeing him develop further over the coming two seasons."

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe congratulated Marsters on his contract extension.

“Esan is a natural Rugby League player and we are thrilled that the club can continue to work with him to reach his full potential,” said Pascoe. “He has a bright future and we’re committed to continuing to develop him both on and off the field as we build a destination club where players and staff want to be.”
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 5:42 pm

Love it. All our troubles from the last few seasons seem so distant now.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 5:51 pm

Wonder how much? $350k?

Wa Mag/Tig

Post by Wa Mag/Tig » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:01 pm

I'm loving the the news of Esan being resigned. Great news. Without sounding like a downer i did hear that news 2 days ago. Either the club are slow when it comes to announcing or there is a snitch in the club leaking things. It could also be he's manager. Other things lately have come out before the club have announced. I hope we don't have a snitch in amongst this very good team. Could disable us somewhere done the line.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:43 pm

It was just a matter of time, but well done to the Tigers and Esan who is going from strength to strength.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:49 pm

We thought it was the end when the three departed but the truth is the real team players remained. Well done Esan.

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:05 pm

Stoked.
Great future.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

MightyTiger

Post by MightyTiger » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:05 pm

Wa Mag/Tig wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:01 pm
I'm loving the the news of Esan being resigned. Great news. Without sounding like a downer i did hear that news 2 days ago. Either the club are slow when it comes to announcing or there is a snitch in the club leaking things. It could also be he's manager. Other things lately have come out before the club have announced. I hope we don't have a snitch in amongst this very good team. Could disable us somewhere done the line.
I actually thinking that the front office has been been very tight lipped recently. No one knew of the Suli dramas until announced, the sacking of Milne, resigning of Thompson. This one was the mole or lurker releasing it yesterday. What other things have come out before the club released it recently?

Wa Mag/Tig

Post by Wa Mag/Tig » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:31 pm

Injuries, They always come out b4 club announces. You brought up most others. All known b4 the club announced. I fear we a snitch. Not good for our champs. MightyTiger!!!

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:34 pm

Excellent news and smart that it's only two years. He won't be playing centre for more than another two years and we don't know what kind of backrower he'll end up being.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:50 pm

Well done to Esan and WestsTigers.
Firstly for Esan for putting in all the hard work required to make it at this level. Also to the WTs in helping Esan get there. In a short period of time the club looks like a place that has strong foundations. In an understated way it put in place a culture that looks to have a very bright future. If the club had shares, you'd want to buy in now.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

marzie

Post by marzie » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 11:30 pm

Great news

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 11:40 pm

Yay! 👍

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 11:44 pm

Good signing

And if footy doesn't work out , the boy has a pretty amazing singing voice

Being serious , he was with MCK and someone else joking around and he started singing , sounded good to this musically challenged person

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 12:48 am

The kid is good.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 2:45 am

Never saw that coming...well done Wests Tigers ....Well deserved Esan...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 3:57 am

Woo whoo great news

Club is going in the right direction

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 8:43 am

Very Happy,

The New Favourite amongst my Kids (14, 11, 9 , 7)

Also - They seem to have forgotten Teddy