NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Doc Tiger

Re: Teddy lost his pace

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:01 am

larrycorowa wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 8:50 am
kingbrooks wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 11:11 pm
I dont think Teddys going as bad as people say. He is not carving up but hes done as many good things as most fullbacks in the comp. In open space he is still electric.
Expectations are through the roof. The big question is whether he is going to be able to modify his game as teams adapt to his style of play. He was very effective last year when used through the middle. He would be tearing it up with us this year with the platform our forwards are creating and with Brooks and Marshall posing running threats.
Absolutely he'd be flying high if he was with us now. We'd be serious contenders with him.
As it is, I'm still happy. I couldn't care less that he's there. Maybe they deserve each other and they deserve the results they're current achieving.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:05 am

The Queen wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:01 am
Nathan Brown in an interview said Mick Potter was a far superior football coach then Trent Robinson in English super league did more at la Catlans then Trent Robinson with far less if you look at Teddys seasons individually one mite say he played his best and most consistent football under Potter he had a few great games under Taylor and one or two under Ivan
Ted played his best season in 2015, which was under Taylor.
President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:11 am

maxxy86 wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 8:35 am
hank37w wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 5:28 am
Hope the chooks and dogs play like that when it's our turn.
They were both pathetic.
I don’t think it was a pathetic game, but very dower game with some solid hits from both sides. Learning kerb for Benji’s brother as they had plenty of ball in their attacking 20.
Interesting to listen to Benji and his take that Mitchell does not see enough early ball.

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:12 am

kingbrooks wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 11:11 pm
I dont think Teddys going as bad as people say. He is not carving up but hes done as many good things as most fullbacks in the comp. In open space he is still electric.
Lol. Especially when he drops the ball at the most inconvenient times, like against the Tigers this year that cost them the game.

With these young guns coming through, I think he is going to get overtaken real quick.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:16 am

Why is this in Wests Tigers...oh look...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:40 am

teddy23 wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 10:46 pm
Tacky wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 9:34 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 8:54 pm
I’m still a fan of Teddy, the happiness he brought all of us while he was a Tiger even tho there was a very rough ending

Lowkey we all are fans.....

I hope he finds his groove again but under the system at the Roosters I can’t see it happening soon, shouldn’t have never left in the first place

His pace hasn’t been properly utilised cause he’s not playing off his forwards at all
Stop trying to justify your username.
Tacky expected better from a fellow MCK fan memeber.....
I'm not just a member, I'm the president......
President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w.

barra

Post by barra » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:54 am

cktiger wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 11:21 pm
Man of the match - obviously had a shocker.
Yeah - I missed the game but turned the radio on as it finished - think the ABC commentators gave him 3 points?

Couple of hundred metres ran and 15 tackles.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 10:05 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 5:46 am
I quite enjoyed the game (& I backed the Dogs) despite it not being an attacking spectacle...there was very little stoppages, ball in play was high and even though the dogs really didnt have much with the ball, the Roosters Defence was impressive
Yeah I enjoyed it too. While there wasn't a lot of tries scored there were plenty of close calls - Ferguson, Matterson, Jackson...basically every player in my Supercoach sides went very close to scoring but didn't! RFM's effort to hold up Matterson was pretty special.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 10:11 am

barra wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 9:54 am
cktiger wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 11:21 pm
Man of the match - obviously had a shocker.
Yeah - I missed the game but turned the radio on as it finished - think the ABC commentators gave him 3 points?

Couple of hundred metres ran and 15 tackles.
It was just one of those games where nobody really stood out as an obvious man of the match. Faitala-Mariner probably would have got it if the Bulldogs had managed to win, he looked threatening and came up with a great try saver. Tedesco was a fair pick, he made plenty of runs and looked a constant threat and he positioned himself well in defence.

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 11:11 am

diedpretty wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:00 am
teddy23 wrote:
I’m still a fan of Teddy, the happiness he brought all of us while he was a Tiger even tho there was a very rough ending

I hope he finds his groove again but under the system at the Roosters I can’t see it happening soon, shouldn’t have never left in the first place

His pace hasn’t been properly utilised cause he’s not playing off his forwards at all
Don't include me in your lovefest Mrs Tedesco - he didn't show this club that had stood by him the courtesy of saying he had signed elsewhere - stuff him.
I understand that..... the only downfall with him that
I refuse to forgive but personally to me he’s still a Tiger

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:05 pm

Onthebus wrote:
Thu 19 Apr, 2018 11:39 pm
He also got his teeth fixed on a TPA i reckon

The only time I will worry about him is when the Tigers play the Rorters
The Tooth Panelbeating Allowance.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:08 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 11:11 am
diedpretty wrote:
teddy23 wrote:

Don't include me in your lovefest Mrs Tedesco - he didn't show this club that had stood by him the courtesy of saying he had signed elsewhere - stuff him.
He ain't a Tiger no more, not even close. He ceased deserving any respect as a past Tiger when he turned his back on the club who paid him handsomely whilst he was sitting out month after month with injury. No sense of loyalty= zero respect IMO.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:39 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:08 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Fri 20 Apr, 2018 11:11 am
diedpretty wrote:
teddy23 wrote:

He ain't a Tiger no more, not even close. He ceased deserving any respect as a past Tiger when he turned his back on the club who paid him handsomely whilst he was sitting out month after month with injury. No sense of loyalty= zero respect IMO.
I have to agree with Fade, I loved teddy when he was here, huge fan. But the way he walked out has lost all my respect for the guy. I even tipped bulldogs because I wanted to see the roosters lose.
Look at a guy like Marsters who stated he wanted to resign because he wanted to give back to IC & the Tigers for all they have done for him. That’s the sort of player you want, not someone who is chasing accolades, whilst important, is not the right attitude to have IMO.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire