Giving Up Home Games

Wests Tigers Discussion
happy tiger

Re: Giving Up Home Games

Post by happy tiger » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:27 am

Snake wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 10:47 am
It is all about money and fair enough ...I get a laugh when the home ground advantage is brought up ....Really what home ground advantage the club has 6 home grounds and the worrying aspect is of late players and commentators are commenting about the same .
It is time the hard decisions be made and decide where OUR HOME GROUND and area will finally be .
Our club NEEDS a home instead of being nomads my choice has never changed the New Western Sydney Stadium is my choice in the heartland of our current grounds .
If we want to talk about home ground advantage let’s talk where the club should settle as at the moment this topic is void as there is no home ground advantage at all .
Let the discussion begin as there needs to be one!
We all agree we need one home ground

But I put this to you Snake , if this game is played at one of our TRUE home grounds we don't suffer a 9-6 penalty count against us and it is probably reversed

The fact you could here the Knights fans more than WT's fans says a lot

In the long run making the semis will get us far more money than getting money for a home game we lose

Thats the difference , and a very big difference at that

kafta

Post by kafta » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:33 am

Snake loves PARRA stadium I take it he lives nearby.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:37 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:27 am
Snake wrote:
It is all about money and fair enough ...I get a laugh when the home ground advantage is brought up ....Really what home ground advantage the club has 6 home grounds and the worrying aspect is of late players and commentators are commenting about the same .
It is time the hard decisions be made and decide where OUR HOME GROUND and area will finally be .
Our club NEEDS a home instead of being nomads my choice has never changed the New Western Sydney Stadium is my choice in the heartland of our current grounds .
If we want to talk about home ground advantage let’s talk where the club should settle as at the moment this topic is void as there is no home ground advantage at all .

But I put this to you Snake , if this game is played at one of our TRUE home grounds we don't suffer a 9-6 penalty count against us and it is probably reversed

In the long run making the semis will get us far more money than getting money for a home game we lose

My head agrees with snake on this issue... It always has.
My heart comes into it as well... There is something about your true home ground.

Hap... You can't say 100% we win the penalties at LO or CSS... Nor can you you be sure semis is more profitable than last week's venture without figures.
You don't know what sponsorship we may have secured, how many more memberships, merch revenue...
I'd safely bet all that would be much more than if we played at LO or CSS

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:40 am

happy tiger wrote:
Snake wrote:

Obviously you wernt at the game because their was well and truly more support for the Tigers then the Knights at the ground. Mot sure how that came through on tv but felt about 70 /30 tigers to knights.

We have lost plenty of penalty counts at home before too.

We lost last night because we were outplayed and we would have been outplayed at CSS or Lecihardt too - or are you ignoring our loosing record at those grounds.

Was a wonderful night in tamworth and the club should be commended for both making a good financial choice but also backing country areas.

Well done Wests Tigers and well done the NRL and dont listen to the same old wingers

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:46 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:37 am
happy tiger wrote:
Snake wrote:

My heart comes into it as well... There is something about your true home ground.

Hap... You can't say 100% we win the penalties at LO or CSS... Nor can you you be sure semis is more profitable than last week's venture without figures.
You don't know what sponsorship we may have secured, how many more memberships, merch revenue...
My main point was made in the comment before Ink , take games to the bush yes , but lets play the trial in the same town so we can really our claws into the locals and get that true home ground advantage as well as securing more WT's fans

If we can become a fans "2nd" team you will get a lot more support from the locals when their team isn't playing

I don't know about you , but I'd rather play at home than away , then again we haven't played too many "home' games this season have we :lol:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:49 am

Good idea trial AND one comp game... That way the bushies can almost have more REAL home games than we do in Sydney

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:01 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:49 am
Good idea trial AND one comp game... That way the bushies can almost have more REAL home games than we do in Sydney
Well given they got better crowds mayby they deserve a team over Campbelltown.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:05 pm

But not Leichhardt of course eh Boonie

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:09 pm

If we want a home ground advantage play 12 games at Leichhardt Oval. I wouldn't complain about that. (cue bush fire on the forum)

We have won over 50% of games there over the 18 years despite us making just 3 finals appearances in 18 years.

However like most I realise being a joint venture carries different responsibilities. We have also been losing for so many years Justin Pascoe and co need to find ways to fill the coffers.

Really it is very hard to keep everyone happy with this home ground. I played for a grade cricket club that is merged and plays at 3 different home grounds. Comes with the territory.

stevied

Post by stevied » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 12:52 pm

krayola wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 8:23 am
The reason we’re having to take those games away is because we’ve performed badly at home in the previous 5 seasons and people weren’t coming. If we keep winning this year you’d think we’ll have one or two games more at our real grounds next season.

It’s a pity we didn’t hold on for one more tackle. The crowd against Parra next week would have been sizeable. Spose if we can beat them and keep it close w NZ we’ll get a good LO crowd.
Spot on Krayola! Home crowds will turn out in numbers for a winning team. Unfortunately, Tigers management didn't anticipate our excellent form this year!

mctiger

Post by mctiger » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 3:24 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was at the game and went to the after game function.Pascoe said he thought they may sell $10k in merch but actually sold $30k.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 3:32 pm

Stu, I heard some disappointing aspects from last night.... Apparently there was no pre match entertainment.... And I just found this on FB:

"There was 10082 at the game n I guarantee there would have been 8082 Tigers fans n not one of the players walked around after the game even Ivan left straight away. All the Knights players walked around for ages getting photos n autographs Cmon Tigers it was our home game n your fans turned out 🐯wasn't happy as there were kids there looking for their favourites "

Not a good look if true... No excuses.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 3:35 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 3:32 pm
Stu, I heard some disappointing aspects from last night.... Apparently there was no pre match entertainment.... And I just found this on FB:

"There was 10082 at the game n I guarantee there would have been 8082 Tigers fans n not one of the players walked around after the game even Ivan left straight away. All the Knights players walked around for ages getting photos n autographs Cmon Tigers it was our home game n your fans turned out 🐯wasn't happy as there were kids there looking for their favourites "

There was no social media presence from the club about the game during the week. I was expecting a week full of it.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 3:51 pm

innsaneink wrote:

Yeah, huge oversight if indeed the case and particularly after an otherwise good approach to supporting the venue.

batboy

Post by batboy » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 4:19 pm

innsaneink wrote:

To an extent mate - i'm almost 100% sure there was a post match function at the club for all the Tigers fans.
There was probably a hurry to get the team to it.

- Also saw the Knights got on the bus and came home after they finished.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 4:40 pm

Yeah... Time will be an issue no doubt.
But if they're gunna do these things they gotta do them properly and allocate an hour post full time to engage with fans.
10k at the ground won't all be going back to the club

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 5:14 pm

I can see a few string a loses for us now.

patwalker

Post by patwalker » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 7:16 pm

I was at the game last night, Scully park is a great ground, I was actually really impressed by it. It was sold out too which may be why there was less coverage as they didn't need to sell more tickets. The crowd was overwhelmingly Tigers fans, i'd say at least 5:1 probably more and were fairly vocal. The problem was we played rubbish and the refs were even worse. I was right in line with the kick for SKD last try and he was a good two meters in front of the kicker. The try before that they shouldn't have even had the ball because Thompson knocked it backwards. It was just a rubbish game all around. I sure hope we learn something from that one, we were prob lucky to only lose by two and not screw up our for/against.