Wests Tigers Discussion
stevied

Re: Matt Eisenhuth

Post by stevied » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 11:42 am

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 10:01 am
fergiefurr wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 9:04 am
i feel Eiso has been a bit down the last couple of weeks but he's still in our best 17
I agree he's lost a little spring in his step. My only real concern with his game is the vigour if his hitups, I wish he'd run a bit harder into the line. He's a big unit and if didn't hit up as slowly, he'd be able to force ineffective tackles and open himself up for offloads. At the moment he's the most likely in our team to be put on his back and slow PTB, shades of Woodsie.

Defensively I don't have any concerns.
Exactly what I said. We need guys who are going to stand deep and charge straight onto the ball with a low body position, running over whoever may be in the way. We dont need slow trundlers in the mould of Woods!

Snake

Post by Snake » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 12:24 pm

He had a handy offload what happened there ... he plays huge minutes and is a worker this intern gives the coach options as games progress , I like his contribution.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 12:52 pm

stevied wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 8:09 am
krayola wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 11:10 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 7:59 pm
Is Eisenhuth good? Do you guys rate him? Seems plodderish to me
What do you see that’s plodderish about him?

He’s been good for his age and price, solid defender, good passer.
I'll answer that Trumpy and I'll answer in detail! Eiso, dead set, plods forward a lot of the time with very little aggression, power or line bending effect. To be honest, he looks a little halfhearted when he takes the ball up and seems to volunteer to take a run when nobody else wants it. This especially applies inside the opposition quarter, when what the team really needs is a couple of rapid fire, hard and fast charges. It used to frustrate me know end when Woods would trundle forward at the line, engage in upper body wrestles before taking an eternity to play the ball. Unfortunately, I see the same thing in Eisenhuth. Commentators call them settlers. I call them wastes of tackles. Give the ball to someone who'll smash the ball up and actually set up some momentum for the halves. Our best exponents of this are 1. Alouai, 2. Matulino and 3. Packer, before he was injured. Don't get me wrong, I like Eiso for his work ethic, low defense and ability to pass the ball but he is a plodder when running it forward. By the way, does the coach design the exact sequence of a set of six in the opposition quarter, including who is involved or is it the players making the decisions? I've a hunch, it's a mixture of both, depending on players' energy levels.
Looks like most people (myself included) agree with your summary. #BFF
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Milky

Post by Milky » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 1:01 pm

I agree with the summary above.

I recall in our last game, we were defending our line and he was out of it, don't know what he was thinking about.

Luckily Brooks came up with a monster tackle.

I think he will be the one making room for Twal and Packer upon their return.

In saying that, I don't think he is the worst option and wouldn't be fussed if he remained.

stevied

Post by stevied » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 1:46 pm

He plays big minutes but are they impactful minutes? That's the conundrum because if we wanted stronger running we would give JJ Felise a chance.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 1:46 pm

He's definitely not as mobile as other quality backrowers in the NRL, nor is he as damaging as many props. He needs to be a lot angrier in my view and perhaps start to think about using those long arms of his to get them free for an offload.
Lack of penetration by a few of our forwards is a concern - Aloiai and Packer, sometimes Mats, can break the line, but there's not enough of it, especially lately. If we are looking to fill spots in the 30, one should go to a hard running, impact forward.

stevied

Post by stevied » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 2:07 pm

Agree but where do we find one?

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 2:57 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 1:46 pm
He's definitely not as mobile as other quality backrowers in the NRL, nor is he as damaging as many props. He needs to be a lot angrier in my view and perhaps start to think about using those long arms of his to get them free for an offload.
Lack of penetration by a few of our forwards is a concern - Aloiai and Packer, sometimes Mats, can break the line, but there's not enough of it, especially lately. If we are looking to fill spots in the 30, one should go to a hard running, impact forward.
Short of Jason Taumalolo there are no props or locks that regularly break the line. Taupau does occasionally I suppose but it's not often. The most line breaks from a prop this season is Leeson Ah Mau with 3 in 7 games - less than one every other game. Your defence is doing something seriously wrong if a prop is breaking the line because it will rarely be a one on one situation.

underdog

Post by underdog » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 3:12 pm

For someone so rangey, tall and awkward looking, he's very easily contained, and his meters after impact are questionable.

Is he carrying an injury at the moment?

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 3:48 pm

It is almost laughable reading some of the comments on the Huth. It is no coincidence since he came into our side we have been a better team. I will leave it at that.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 3:53 pm

Nelson wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 2:57 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
Short of Jason Taumalolo there are no props or locks that regularly break the line. Taupau does occasionally I suppose but it's not often. The most line breaks from a prop this season is Leeson Ah Mau with 3 in 7 games - less than one every other game. Your defence is doing something seriously wrong if a prop is breaking the line because it will rarely be a one on one situation.
They're not always clean breaks. Watch the raiders and see how their pack can make tons of yards and force more defenders to come in and help, destructuring their line.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 4:12 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 3:48 pm
It is almost laughable reading some of the comments on the Huth. It is no coincidence since he came into our side we have been a better team. I will leave it at that.
Agreed

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 26 Apr, 2018 6:54 pm

tigerbill wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 3:53 pm
Nelson wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 2:57 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
They're not always clean breaks. Watch the raiders and see how their pack can make tons of yards and force more defenders to come in and help, destructuring their line.
Yeah and how have they been going this season? Any pack needs balance, you can't just have a bunch of lumps like Shannon Boyd and Junior Paulo. Guys like Eisenhuth get through big defensive workloads and take plenty of unfashionable hit ups leaving the hard running props with the gas to make the big hit ups without being massive defensive liabilities.