Drinkwater released to Dragons

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2932
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Drinkwater released to Dragons

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 12:15 am

Big news for the ISP team, Drinkwater has been released to join Super League team Catalan Dragons.

Sorry about the title.. 8-)

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... t-round-8/
Drinkwater has been granted a release to take up a full-time playing opportunity with Catalans until the end of this year. At the completion of that deal, the club will have first and last rights to re-sign Drinkwater for the 2019 season and beyond.
He has played very well this year and is a big reason Wests are sitting at the top of the table.

Wish we could of kept him but it was obvious he was a class above ISP level and our depth in the halves is very strong at the moment.

All the best in Super League and hopefully a future in the NRL.


maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1619
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 7:57 am

He’s a bit of a yo yo isn’t he, from Southern Hemisphere to northern. Our ISP team nearly always gets knocked around with these issues. Good luck to him but it might give Reynolds a start in the halves maybe.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7929
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 8:50 am

Hell be missed...
Massive loss for the cup team.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
joelw2002
Member
Member
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun 08 Apr, 2018 1:27 am
Location: Campbelltown

Post by joelw2002 » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 2:24 pm

I always liked him in ISP and thought he played very well. Unfortunately he was too good for ISP but not quite good enough for first grade. So Super League was probably best for him. Still a big loss for the ISP team.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

hsvjones
Member
Member
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed 02 Mar, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by hsvjones » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 2:58 pm

Was he one of the top 30 players ?


Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 3:41 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 2:58 pm
Was he one of the top 30 players ?
No

hank37w
Member
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun 20 Mar, 2016 6:23 am
Location: South West

Post by hank37w » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 3:57 pm

Had a part time contract only.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2932
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 01 May, 2018 11:07 pm


User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Wed 02 May, 2018 12:18 am

Good on him, hope he carves it up.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28459
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 02 May, 2018 6:02 am

A win, A try and 6 goals. First up

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7929
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Wed 02 May, 2018 7:31 am

What a weapon.. Shame he never cracked it in the NRL
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5835
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 02 May, 2018 9:12 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 25 Apr, 2018 8:50 am
Hell be missed...
Massive loss for the cup team.
Agree

The 3 games I watched on Fox this season he was the unsung leader.

Best of luck

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 02 May, 2018 10:23 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 7:31 am
What a weapon.. Shame he never cracked it in the NRL
Was never really given a proper chance with us.

Not complaining - just a fact.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7929
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Wed 02 May, 2018 10:47 am

Russell wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 10:23 am
Demps wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 7:31 am
What a weapon.. Shame he never cracked it in the NRL
Was never really given a proper chance with us.

Not complaining - just a fact.
He was a dud when given a chance in grade so yeah.... 🤷🏼‍♂️
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 02 May, 2018 11:09 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 10:47 am
Russell wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 10:23 am
Demps wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 7:31 am
What a weapon.. Shame he never cracked it in the NRL
Was never really given a proper chance with us.

Not complaining - just a fact.
He was a dud when given a chance in grade so yeah.... 🤷🏼‍♂️
How many games did we give him in the NRL?

How many games did we give Brooks before he came good?

Given a chance - not much of a one I'd say Demps.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7929
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Wed 02 May, 2018 11:11 am

Russell wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 11:09 am
Demps wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 10:47 am
Russell wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 10:23 am
Demps wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 7:31 am
What a weapon.. Shame he never cracked it in the NRL
Was never really given a proper chance with us.

Not complaining - just a fact.
He was a dud when given a chance in grade so yeah.... 🤷🏼‍♂️
How many games did we give him in the NRL?

How many games did we give Brooks before he came good?

Given a chance - not much of a one I'd say Demps.
Brooks had a rly good debut and a lot of hype.
Drinkwater was a depth signing that had failed at a few other clubs and again didn't perform well here either when making grade.

I see your point tho and by all reports he's a great guy and he's getting on in age, never rly made a mark but deserves much success in the UK or in the ISC, whatever he prefers.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40155
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 02 May, 2018 11:17 am

And we still have 1st option on him if we decide we want him back at seasons end

Nice to see the club is finally working out what is smart business practice at the NRL level actually is

Bonne Chance Josh , hope you have a ripper year

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 02 May, 2018 11:32 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 11:11 am
Russell wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 11:09 am
Demps wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 10:47 am
Russell wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 10:23 am


Was never really given a proper chance with us.

Not complaining - just a fact.
He was a dud when given a chance in grade so yeah.... 🤷🏼‍♂️
How many games did we give him in the NRL?

How many games did we give Brooks before he came good?

Given a chance - not much of a one I'd say Demps.
Brooks had a rly good debut and a lot of hype.
Drinkwater was a depth signing that had failed at a few other clubs and again didn't perform well here either when making grade.

I see your point tho and by all reports he's a great guy and he's getting on in age, never rly made a mark but deserves much success in the UK or in the ISC, whatever he prefers.
Just saying he wasn't given much of chance - not saying he would have been a superstar in the NRL - may not have turned out that good at that level if he had been given the chance. Good to see him doing well in the UK though nd that the ISP really miss him. Good on him.

Post Reply