Wests Tigers Discussion
tonza

Re: Coach what is happening

Post by tonza » Mon 07 May, 2018 6:14 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 4:26 pm
Plato wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 4:20 pm
Tigers are in the eight, Cronk got bashed up, Moses was in tears, Smith got punched in the nuts; it's all good.
I think that was my favourite moment of the weekend...
Mine too. Also Teddy scored poorly in Super coach and Woods lost by 2 points. What a great weekend.

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Wed 09 May, 2018 7:49 am

At least Godinet got the axe but how Rochow or Nofa hasn't has me beat.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 09 May, 2018 8:07 am

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 1:05 pm
TIGER wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 10:37 am
TYGA wrote:
Sun 06 May, 2018 9:06 pm
People are underestimating the injury toll we have. We can’t go long stretches without Packer, Liddle, Reynolds, Lawrence, ET out of the squad. In addition Tui has been injured and looks unfit + we have cap space and 2 positions not taken with Milne, Sironen.
Given we have played Storm twice, Warriors, Roosters and moved two home games we are placed well. We also play until round 21 in Sydney and won’t be origin affected.

I hope Cleary gets a couple of players in the squad before the season drifts as we need another hooker, a back rower and an impact forward preferably on an edge.
I think people are over exaggerating the injurys, compared to other sides our injuries are nothing.
To me we've only had 2 injuries that effect us Packer and Liddle.

Reynolds has never played in this team so it's not as if he's being missed and it's not as if he's at the peak of his powers in career best form.
The rest of them have been niggles hammys out for a week or two and easily accommodated for.
I have no idea what's going on with Tui but on form he doesn't get picked anyway, no great loss.

Look at the Panthers run of long-term serious injuries, to key players and look where they are on the ladder.
Look at the Broncos or Parra or Titans or Cronulla or just about every club bar St George.
Newcastle lost Mitchell Pearce and they're still winning games, how do you think we'd go if we lost Brooks?
South's lost Reynolds and they still won games, the Warriors lost Johnson and we're still winning.

We haven't had a bad injury run yet!!
Anyone who is using injuries as an excuse is doing exactly that, using it as an excuse.

The same as people saying Ben Matulino will be better when Packer comes back, if Matulino can't play unless Packer is in the team then he can go back to the Warriors as far as I'm concerned. That's just an excuse.

If you think Packer or Liddle are going to change us much your gonna be in for a shock, the wheels have well n truly fallen off this team.
If you think Ivan doesn't know it you can't read body language,
Ivan is a cool customer but I'm telling you now he's feeling the pressure.
If we loose this game on Thursday night you watch the Sydney media pile on the pressure big time.
Whatever we had that was keeping us in games for 80mins has vanished, and it's real hard to get back once it goes.

No, I thought Tyga made some great points.

The loss of Milne and Suli on top of the injuries is a big issue.

Ivan need to hurry up and fill the top 30 so we can go in to each week on the same level as the 15 other teams in the comp.
Yep, three players down each week before including any injured players is a huge '8 Ball' to start behind. Hopefully we are close to start filling those holes and with a bit if quality.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 09 May, 2018 8:35 am

formerguest wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 8:07 am
The Patriot wrote:
TIGER wrote:
TYGA wrote:
Sun 06 May, 2018 9:06 pm
People are underestimating the injury toll we have. We can’t go long stretches without Packer, Liddle, Reynolds, Lawrence, ET out of the squad. In addition Tui has been injured and looks unfit + we have cap space and 2 positions not taken with Milne, Sironen.
Given we have played Storm twice, Warriors, Roosters and moved two home games we are placed well. We also play until round 21 in Sydney and won’t be origin affected.

I hope Cleary gets a couple of players in the squad before the season drifts as we need another hooker, a back rower and an impact forward preferably on an edge.
I think people are over exaggerating the injurys, compared to other sides our injuries are nothing.

Reynolds has never played in this team so it's not as if he's being missed and it's not as if he's at the peak of his powers in career best form.
The rest of them have been niggles hammys out for a week or two and easily accommodated for.
I have no idea what's going on with Tui but on form he doesn't get picked anyway, no great loss.

Look at the Panthers run of long-term serious injuries, to key players and look where they are on the ladder.
Look at the Broncos or Parra or Titans or Cronulla or just about every club bar St George.
Newcastle lost Mitchell Pearce and they're still winning games, how do you think we'd go if we lost Brooks?
South's lost Reynolds and they still won games, the Warriors lost Johnson and we're still winning.

Anyone who is using injuries as an excuse is doing exactly that, using it as an excuse.

The same as people saying Ben Matulino will be better when Packer comes back, if Matulino can't play unless Packer is in the team then he can go back to the Warriors as far as I'm concerned. That's just an excuse.

If you think Packer or Liddle are going to change us much your gonna be in for a shock, the wheels have well n truly fallen off this team.
If we loose this game on Thursday night you watch the Sydney media pile on the pressure big time.
Whatever we had that was keeping us in games for 80mins has vanished, and it's real hard to get back once it goes.

Ivan need to hurry up and fill the top 30 so we can go in to each week on the same level as the 15 other teams in the comp.
Yep, three players down each week before including any injured players is a huge '8 Ball' to start behind. Hopefully we are close to start filling those holes and with a bit if quality.
I'm sure the search continues but would much rather it take longer to get the right players should they become available rather than just filling the spots with numpty's

What's the point of 3 more Godinet type signings

Not sure the development players have progressed how they would have liked and only really Garner is sticking his hand up from within...backs wise Heleta has his moments not much else there...

Hopefully Warwick's tour of the UK may have unearthed something...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Wed 09 May, 2018 8:50 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 8:35 am
formerguest wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 8:07 am
The Patriot wrote:
TIGER wrote:

I'm sure the search continues but would much rather it take longer to get the right players should they become available rather than just filling the spots with numpty's

What's the point of 3 more Godinet type signings

Not sure the development players have progressed how they would have liked and only really Garner is sticking his hand up from within...backs wise Heleta has his moments not much else there...

Hopefully Warwick's tour of the UK may have unearthed something...
With the development players, their wage is discounted on our cap (by how much I'm not sure) if we promote our own development player/s if they have been a development player with us for at least 2 years. So we don't really want them to be ready now for First Grade (or someone else may pinch them), we want them to be ready at the earliest by the end of next year.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 09 May, 2018 8:51 am

Like most years it comes down to our roster. This year we are slightly stronger because we recruited plenty of experience so we are now able to stay in the contest and compete but that will probably not translate into enough wins to crack the eight.

Forget the first month of the season, its not to about now that you get a real idea who will and who wont. We look slow, we are small in the backs and lack power in the forwards and all the training in the world is not going to change that.

With Cleary in charge you know they will have a real dig and they will not come last and could finish around 10th and when I look at our cattle vrs most other rosters that is a very very good result.

Iam not negative and i am not bashing them, Iam looking at purely on what talent we have at our disposal, but as I have said before, two or three players could make us into a handy outfit, but I guess most teams can say the same thing

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Wed 09 May, 2018 7:11 pm

Yep the main difference is we don't have a strike weapon.
Whats scary is thinking about the Storms artillery, from 1 to 6 they're all weapons.

Hopefully Tui can get back to his best and become our weapon at some stage, and provide that next gear.
Other sides seem to have a few more gears they can use when we start getting to the pointy end of the year.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Wed 09 May, 2018 10:47 pm

Second phase play and guys like Marsters and Fanua Tui MCK must become are weapons.
Just gotta learn to not drop the ball that's all.