Cleary - One Home Ground..

Wests Tigers Discussion
Blaze

Re: Cleary - One Home Ground..

Post by Blaze » Sat 12 May, 2018 6:01 pm

Russell wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 4:25 pm
Don't think there will be any Mick Cronin stand etc. It is not their stadium as I understand it.
It is government owned as in ANZ. Teams will just be renting - we would be just as entitled to have a Brett Hodgson stand as Parra would their players (If we chose to play there that is).
Is it not still going to be known as “parramatta stadium”? Regardless of who sponsors it at the time?.... there is no way it won’t be Parra’s home ground first and foremost.... I understand the technicalities, but for those reasons alone is why I’m against us playing there as a “home” ground, same as anz, alliance, or whatever.... we need a home.... not 3-4... one. As a former maple supporter, living in Ctown, I would go with leichardt... the players want to play there.... and that’s all I care about.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 12 May, 2018 6:44 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:19 am
diedpretty wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:05 am
This might annoy a few.

http://the81stminute.com/2018/05/four-h ... y-stadium/
Basically sums up what I was going to say. I live in Campbelltown and work in Parramatta. The commute is a nightmare. It is even worse on the weekend with less frequent trains.
Not being a wiseguy, can you elaborate why it's so bad? There is train service on the T8 to Glenfield, then lines run from Glenfield to Parra?

I read the article, it quotes a guy who takes 30+ mins to get from his home via bus to Campbelltown station. Well that sucks bro, but if you live 30 mins from the Campbelltown train stations, then yes you are in trouble trying to travel to any other Sydney stadium whether that be Parra, Homebush or Leichhardt.

In fact, Homebush would be just as bad as Parra for Macarthur supporters via public transport? Because you'd have to change trains 3 times? I am on the T8 and I have to go all the way to Central, then backtrack on the Inner West line to get to Lidcombe. Not an ideal scenario but ironically it's faster than trying to catch a bus to Homebush, even though the bus travels more or less due North, it does around the houses to do so.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 12 May, 2018 6:54 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 11 May, 2018 1:18 pm
Sco77y wrote:
Thu 10 May, 2018 6:33 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 10 May, 2018 4:04 pm
Would love to see us based out of Ctown, but i have long given up hope of that. I remember reading an article way back in 1999, before the decision to become a joint venture was made, and before Souths were kicked out, when teams heads were still on the chopping block, i read an article talking about how essential it was not to lose the McArthur region due to its population. And that was 20 years ago. The population has doubled since then.

I would have thought we'd have based ourselves out there by about 2006-07, but no. Ever since its always felt like a couple years away. But i think it was 3 or 4 years ago i finally realised the club has no interest. For an area as big as it is, and is only going to get bigger, i think its insanity. Im not advocating completely discarding LO, you could easily do what the Bulldogs do with Belmore and take 2 or 3 games there a year. The inner city is too congested, too many teams. You would think there would be an appeal to adopt an area that is the size of a small city and make it your own.
Would be the best option you’d think - CSS. With an upgrade - more seating and better facilities. Western Sydney Stadium would be ok, but it’s like a mini ANZ. Shared with other teams most likely and you couldn’t truly call it your own. LO has charm but just doesn’t seem to be a practical choice for a few reasons, most mentioned above.
The Macarthur population is still not particularly bigger or more important than many other local government areas in Sydney. Capacity, yes it has good capacity, but the population, even now, is not outstripping its neighbouring LGAs. For example, 2016 census of LGAs Campbelltown + Camden = 235K people. Canterbury council had 346K at that same time, Blacktown 336K, Northern Beaches 252K. Hornsby and The Hills total 300K. Liverpool 204K, Parramatta 226K, Cumerbaldn 216K.

In fact, Parramatta and Canterbury's local and near district population reach far outstrips Campbelltown.

Balmain territory - Inner West, Burwood, Canada Bay and Ryde councils total 423K, not including anything of Strathfield.

Just because you see houses being built doesn't mean it's the future, and sometimes high house density does not have the same population impact as high unit density.

Be that as it may, my point about Campbelltown has always been that if it's financially viable and low-risk to base yourself there, someone would do it. Tigers will go where the money is, the bosses they are business-oriented after all, and clearly money, or even the future prospect of money, doesn't sell strongly enough.

Also how many of the Macarthur's new residents are league followers anyway, and how many of them aren't already bringing club affiliations with? That becomes a question of converting non-league-ies to league, or getting indifferent supporters more interested, or assuming you can overtake the local area with your own club supporters.

I'm not against Tigers moving to a based in Campbelltown, because I can travel to either location, but they haven't made the move, and I support the club doing what's overall best at the time.
How many of the people who are moving into the Balmain area these days are RL supporters, isn’t it true that the There is a big community of Islanders , Kiwis already there, and more moving in and
As well as being born into the families already there,
If it’s anything like the Gold Coast; the islanders love the game so much ,if they could get their kids into a RL team as soon as they could walk, they would,
They really love it,
I can’t see there being any difference than here ,if the club was committed to their area, unlike staying as blow ins.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 12 May, 2018 7:10 pm

Blaze wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 6:01 pm
Russell wrote:
Don't think there will be any Mick Cronin stand etc. It is not their stadium as I understand it.
It is government owned as in ANZ. Teams will just be renting - we would be just as entitled to have a Brett Hodgson stand as Parra would their players (If we chose to play there that is).
Is it not still going to be known as “parramatta stadium”? Regardless of who sponsors it at the time?.... there is no way it won’t be Parra’s home ground first and foremost.... I understand the technicalities, but for those reasons alone is why I’m against us playing there as a “home” ground, same as anz, alliance, or whatever.... we need a home.... not 3-4... one. As a former maple supporter, living in Ctown, I would go with leichardt... the players want to play there.... and that’s all I care about.
It will be known as the Western Sydney Stadium.... name alone sounds more like it's ours & WSWs

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 12 May, 2018 7:14 pm

I reckon it will have a corporate name. It was Pirtek the last few years.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 12 May, 2018 7:23 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 7:14 pm
The colour of the seating will be a major factor as well if it's to attract tenants .

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 12 May, 2018 7:24 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 7:10 pm
Blaze wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 6:01 pm
Russell wrote:
It will be known as the Western Sydney Stadium.... name alone sounds more like it's ours & WSWs
Well that's a plus.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 12 May, 2018 7:27 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 7:23 pm
gallagher wrote:
The colour of the seating will be a major factor as well if it's to attract tenants .
Really? I'd never have thought it would be a consideration.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 12 May, 2018 7:36 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 7:27 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 7:23 pm
gallagher wrote:
Really? I'd never have thought it would be a consideration.
It would be a major consideration in the planning of a new stadium .
Imagine if the seats are all blue and yellow in the Parra colours .

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 12 May, 2018 7:41 pm

I'm sure it will be a great stadium for Parra. Not sure it will successfully for the WestsTigers. The owners of the WTs won't to too happy with WTs fans putting their money into the Parra Leagues Club next to the ground. Will we have a club house there ? Or use Parra's Leagues Club as well?

Will the players talk about getting a lift out of playing there?
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 12 May, 2018 7:48 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 6:44 pm
Harvey wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:19 am
diedpretty wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:05 am
This might annoy a few.

http://the81stminute.com/2018/05/four-h ... y-stadium/
Basically sums up what I was going to say. I live in Campbelltown and work in Parramatta. The commute is a nightmare. It is even worse on the weekend with less frequent trains.
Not being a wiseguy, can you elaborate why it's so bad? There is train service on the T8 to Glenfield, then lines run from Glenfield to Parra?

I read the article, it quotes a guy who takes 30+ mins to get from his home via bus to Campbelltown station. Well that sucks bro, but if you live 30 mins from the Campbelltown train stations, then yes you are in trouble trying to travel to any other Sydney stadium whether that be Parra, Homebush or Leichhardt.

In fact, Homebush would be just as bad as Parra for Macarthur supporters via public transport? Because you'd have to change trains 3 times? I am on the T8 and I have to go all the way to Central, then backtrack on the Inner West line to get to Lidcombe. Not an ideal scenario but ironically it's faster than trying to catch a bus to Homebush, even though the bus travels more or less due North, it does around the houses to do so.
That is weekdays. Weekends it is Campbelltown to Glefield. Glenfield to Liverpool (Parramatta trains start from there on the weekend) Liverpool to Parramatta. Or Campbelltown to Glenfield, Glenfield to Granville or Lidcombe, Granville or Lidcombe to Parramatta. Usually a 10 minute wait at least at each of those changes.

Homebush is a couple of changes, but the last is the regular Lidcombe - Homebush shuttle & the trip is broken by meeting up with others attending at the Lidcombe hotel.

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Balmainbred » Sat 12 May, 2018 7:50 pm

Leichhardt it’s tradition, be a sad day when they tell us no more.

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sat 12 May, 2018 8:01 pm

Just because it will technically be western Sydney stadium, doesn’t mean It won’t be known as the new parramatta stadium. Let’s not kid ourselves...it’s theirs, and good luck to them. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 12 May, 2018 8:07 pm

Let's see how it all unfolds.

State Government need more than Parramatta as tenants - if they call it Parramatta stadium or blue and white seats or Mick Cronin stand etc. they are going to make it hard for themselves to find other tenants.

So all we have to do is wait for now.....

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 12 May, 2018 8:29 pm

Blaze wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 8:01 pm
Just because it will technically be western Sydney stadium, doesn’t mean It won’t be known as the new parramatta stadium. Let’s not kid ourselves...it’s theirs, and good luck to them. Let’s not pretend otherwise.
It will be many teams home... I imagine many Parra fans are spewing about this

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 12 May, 2018 8:37 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 8:29 pm
Blaze wrote:
It will be many teams home... I imagine many Parra fans are spewing about this
More will be cheering than spewing

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sat 12 May, 2018 8:39 pm

And rightfully so...... it’d be like Souths playing out of a rebuilt leichardt/ cambo....

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 12 May, 2018 9:00 pm

Blaze wrote:
Nope. Not theirs at all.