Cleary - One Home Ground..

Wests Tigers Discussion
AnnandaleTiger

Re: Cleary - One Home Ground..

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Sun 13 May, 2018 7:46 pm

Membership won’t grow at parra. In the old days the inner west wouldn’t travel there for home games and I very much doubt the southwest would either.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 13 May, 2018 7:52 pm

Boutique surbuban grounds should be all the go !
Why can't Leichhardt and Campbo councils inject funds into these two joints to upgrade the so called poor facilities so the whingers don't have to sit on a pizza box on a damp hill ?

Once the novelty of the new Western Staduim has wore off and two basket case teams like Parra and Titans play there it'll be another cavaness void much like Allianz with no atmosphere!
But hey if there's only 8 thousand punters at a 30 thousand stadium they'll be no ques for drinks and dunnies :roll:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 13 May, 2018 7:58 pm

Blaze wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 7:34 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 7:14 pm
Blaze wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 6:38 pm
In my opinion, won’t happen if we play/share other teams home grounds... but I guess that’s me.
So how do we do it playing all our games out of LO? How do you grow memberships and corporate support?
Memberships won’t grow if we are playing at 4 different stadiums... build corporate boxes at OUR stadium if it comes to that... I don’t know... all I know is that tigers fans deserve to not be nomads.
I'm only suggesting one ground.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 13 May, 2018 8:14 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 7:52 pm
Why can't Leichhardt and Campbo councils inject funds into these two joints to upgrade the so called poor facilities so the whingers don't have to sit on a pizza box on a damp hill ?

Once the novelty of the new Western Staduim has wore off and two basket case teams like Parra and Titans play there it'll be another cavaness void much like Allianz with no atmosphere!
But hey if there's only 8 thousand punters at a 30 thousand stadium they'll be no ques for drinks and dunnies :roll:
If either of those grounds get a major upgrade then that would change the landscspe.
Unfortunately they won't.

It's no wonder the club returns mediocre results. The fans demand it.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 13 May, 2018 8:28 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 8:14 pm
hobbo wrote:

If either of those grounds get a major upgrade then that would change the landscspe.

Yeah the fans demanded that we take one home game to NZ and one home game to Tamworth :roll:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 13 May, 2018 8:59 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 8:28 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 8:14 pm
hobbo wrote:

Yeah the fans demanded that we take one home game to NZ and one home game to Tamworth :roll:
We're dumb enough to put up with three i guess they thought we'd be dumb enough to accept 5.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Sun 13 May, 2018 9:03 pm

I remember the disaster days when we were the Sydney Tigers and our home ground was parramatta stadium...we were lucky to get 8,000 to home games. They should stick to 2 home grounds LO and CSS only...redevelop both grounds

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 13 May, 2018 9:06 pm

tigerap wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 9:03 pm
I remember the disaster days when we were the Sydney Tigers and our home ground was parramatta stadium...we were lucky to get 8,000 to home games. They should stick to 2 home grounds LO and CSS only...redevelop both grounds
Balmain gave it 2 years and went back to LO. Hows Balmain going these days?

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 13 May, 2018 9:13 pm

Balmain at LO in 94 . Ave 7,300
Balmain at Parra in 95. Ave 8,300

Maybe it was the team and not the venue.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 13 May, 2018 10:03 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 7:46 pm
Membership won’t grow at parra. In the old days the inner west wouldn’t travel there for home games and I very much doubt the southwest would either.
You are spot on that was the OLD DAYS ..I believe the day that it is announced memberships will flourish I have no doubt! My only concern is the Stadium has to be a neutral venue no grandstands named after players / colours ect if Parramatta want this they can get stuffed we can go back to square one that is my only concern.

Tigertail

Post by Tigertail » Sun 13 May, 2018 11:19 pm

To be honest , we would always be more successful if we played all home games at Leichhardt Oval, however that won't happen. I think most supporters are happy under the conditions there, however to appease everyone and if they did an upgrade , they could increase the crowd figures, and a better chance of winning more games.

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 14 May, 2018 12:04 am

Snake wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 10:03 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 7:46 pm
You are spot on that was the OLD DAYS ..I believe the day that it is announced memberships will flourish I have no doubt! My only concern is the Stadium has to be a neutral venue no grandstands named after players / colours ect if Parramatta want this they can get stuffed we can go back to square one that is my only concern.
I believe the new stadium will have features lighting to change the exterior of the ground to make it a home for any teams that use it as a home ground. I also red the possibility for the stands to have their names changed for the Eels and the Wanders so there is probably the opportunity for that to be extended to the Tigers as well.

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 14 May, 2018 12:48 am

I'm going to post here something I just posted in another thread as I think it is more relevant to this conversation.

To be honest kids are going to follow who ever the successful teams are, The majority of kids at my school support QLD in the state of origin. Kids today do not think in terms of its my local team. The world is a much smaller place to them than it was to us when we grew up.

We are not just Campbelltown and Leichhardt anymore, we are spread everywhere, so lets play out of the best stadium possible, that stadium for us is going to be The Western Sydney Stadium, it will be as intimidating as Leichhardt when we are successful, the crowd is going to be right on top of the action.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 14 May, 2018 7:49 am

In a perfect world we would play about 75% games out of a state of the art Cambo stadium and 25% hand picked games at LO...but thats not going to happen.

I guess till we get our bottom line in a very healthy state we have to keep chasing the dollars. From a fan point of view I hate Homebush...zero atmosphere

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Mon 14 May, 2018 7:58 am

gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 7:58 pm
Blaze wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 7:34 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 7:14 pm
Blaze wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 6:38 pm
In my opinion, won’t happen if we play/share other teams home grounds... but I guess that’s me.
So how do we do it playing all our games out of LO? How do you grow memberships and corporate support?
Memberships won’t grow if we are playing at 4 different stadiums... build corporate boxes at OUR stadium if it comes to that... I don’t know... all I know is that tigers fans deserve to not be nomads.
I'm only suggesting one ground.
Someone else’s “ spiritual “ ground.... look, you know what I’m saying, let’s cut the crap.

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Mon 14 May, 2018 8:07 am

They put a massive tigers banner up at anz every home game we play there.... does that mean it feels the same as leichardt? Just because parra stadium is going to be new, means nothing except a little comfort to spectators.... which is fine if you want to forget about atmosphere.... parra will be the same... because it’s not ours, and never will be... leichardt and Ctown are....

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 14 May, 2018 8:09 am

Wests Tigers are a huge brand name for the NRL,very good fanbase and membership...
In my opinion they need to have a ""home ground"" to call their own,wherever that is,has yet to be decided...It would be great to have an identifying ground as a training base and home ground that all can call their own...to me LO is great as is Campbo,only because I have come to get used to both these grounds being ours..I live in the Southern Highlands and can travel to both these venues so it wouldn't be to hard for others,however the point is we need a good large and modern facility as a base..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 14 May, 2018 8:22 am

Youd swear some people think we are going to run out on to a field still named Parramatta Stadium.

Not a lot seem to get it is a new stadium and wont in any way be branded by the Eels.

Its a clean slate.
Its an opinion!