Cleary - One Home Ground..

Wests Tigers Discussion
gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5627
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: Cleary - One Home Ground..

Post by gallagher » Mon 14 May, 2018 8:24 am

Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:07 am
They put a massive tigers banner up at anz every home game we play there.... does that mean it feels the same as leichardt? Just because parra stadium is going to be new, means nothing except a little comfort to spectators.... which is fine if you want to forget about atmosphere.... parra will be the same... because it’s not ours, and never will be... leichardt and Ctown are....
Well we average 18k at Homebush and 12k at the others. Maybe your in the minority.


gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5627
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Mon 14 May, 2018 8:24 am

Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:07 am
They put a massive tigers banner up at anz every home game we play there.... does that mean it feels the same as leichardt? Just because parra stadium is going to be new, means nothing except a little comfort to spectators.... which is fine if you want to forget about atmosphere.... parra will be the same... because it’s not ours, and never will be... leichardt and Ctown are....
Well we average 18k at Homebush and 12k at the others. Maybe your in the minority.

Blaze
Member
Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue 20 Mar, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by Blaze » Mon 14 May, 2018 8:37 am

gallagher wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:24 am
Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:07 am
They put a massive tigers banner up at anz every home game we play there.... does that mean it feels the same as leichardt? Just because parra stadium is going to be new, means nothing except a little comfort to spectators.... which is fine if you want to forget about atmosphere.... parra will be the same... because it’s not ours, and never will be... leichardt and Ctown are....
Well we average 18k at Homebush and 12k at the others. Maybe your in the minority.
Atmosphere.... enjoy a place without it then... aslong as you can have a slash or a beer without waiting tho.... that’s all that matters. Your seriously telling me as a tigers supporter that you would rather anz ovr leichardt?

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5627
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Mon 14 May, 2018 9:01 am

Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:37 am
gallagher wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:24 am
Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:07 am
They put a massive tigers banner up at anz every home game we play there.... does that mean it feels the same as leichardt? Just because parra stadium is going to be new, means nothing except a little comfort to spectators.... which is fine if you want to forget about atmosphere.... parra will be the same... because it’s not ours, and never will be... leichardt and Ctown are....
Well we average 18k at Homebush and 12k at the others. Maybe your in the minority.
Atmosphere.... enjoy a place without it then... aslong as you can have a slash or a beer without waiting tho.... that’s all that matters. Your seriously telling me as a tigers supporter that you would rather anz ovr leichardt?
Yes I do.
But neither are suitable for NRL in my opinion.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7171
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Mon 14 May, 2018 9:08 am

gallagher wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:24 am
Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:07 am
They put a massive tigers banner up at anz every home game we play there.... does that mean it feels the same as leichardt? Just because parra stadium is going to be new, means nothing except a little comfort to spectators.... which is fine if you want to forget about atmosphere.... parra will be the same... because it’s not ours, and never will be... leichardt and Ctown are....
Well we average 18k at Homebush and 12k at the others. Maybe your in the minority.
Pretty simple why ANZ has higher numbers...because the schedule our bigger games there. When we play a out of town team they usually schedule it anywhere but ANZ


gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5627
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Mon 14 May, 2018 9:14 am

supercoach wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 9:08 am
gallagher wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:24 am
Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:07 am
They put a massive tigers banner up at anz every home game we play there.... does that mean it feels the same as leichardt? Just because parra stadium is going to be new, means nothing except a little comfort to spectators.... which is fine if you want to forget about atmosphere.... parra will be the same... because it’s not ours, and never will be... leichardt and Ctown are....
Well we average 18k at Homebush and 12k at the others. Maybe your in the minority.
Pretty simple why ANZ has higher numbers...because the schedule our bigger games there. When we play a out of town team they usually schedule it anywhere but ANZ
People still go though If purple hated it so much and it was so horrible then the crowds would be lower.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41217
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 May, 2018 9:32 am

Coming from the players , the loved the atmosphere on Thursday , Rochow said it finally felt like a real home game

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1239
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Post by old man tiger » Mon 14 May, 2018 10:20 am

Leagues club revenue would scare me off. Is the club going to be next to the stadium,
If so parra would certainly benefit indirectly from any event hosted next door. Yuck.

Ashfield is accessible from LO and ANZ. Don't know the current relationship between Cambo leagues and Ashfield, but surely you'd rather Wests Cambo get the dough and not the slime balls.

If ANZ is redesigned well I'd vote there. Better parking, finals at your home ground and on the fringe of 2 of our traditional areas.

My heart prefers 10/2 split between LO and CS, wouldn't care which as I've come to think of the Magpies as part of my history despite being a Balmain boy originally.

Least preferred option is slimey central. If you play the day after a prra game Mitch would have used all the tissues. Think of the children.

colmcd
Member
Member
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed 04 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by colmcd » Mon 14 May, 2018 10:37 am

Homebush would be the easiest venue for me to get too..... NO WAY!

We pick Leichhardt or Campbelltown. END. Maybe we do most games at Leichhardt and two at Campbelltown. But if we leave Campbelltown/Macarthur, then we abandon that area for the Dragons.

As a person who grew up there, please spare those kids from that awful fate.

cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 623
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by cochise » Mon 14 May, 2018 11:40 am

Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:37 am
gallagher wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:24 am
Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:07 am
They put a massive tigers banner up at anz every home game we play there.... does that mean it feels the same as leichardt? Just because parra stadium is going to be new, means nothing except a little comfort to spectators.... which is fine if you want to forget about atmosphere.... parra will be the same... because it’s not ours, and never will be... leichardt and Ctown are....
Well we average 18k at Homebush and 12k at the others. Maybe your in the minority.
Atmosphere.... enjoy a place without it then... aslong as you can have a slash or a beer without waiting tho.... that’s all that matters. Your seriously telling me as a tigers supporter that you would rather anz ovr leichardt?
The new Western Sydney Stadium is going to have plenty of atmosphere and quickly will become the best rectangular stadium in the country. The stands are steep, very steep, the crowd is going to be even closer to the action than they are Leichhardt.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3220
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Mon 14 May, 2018 12:00 pm

Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:37 am
gallagher wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:24 am
Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:07 am
They put a massive tigers banner up at anz every home game we play there.... does that mean it feels the same as leichardt? Just because parra stadium is going to be new, means nothing except a little comfort to spectators.... which is fine if you want to forget about atmosphere.... parra will be the same... because it’s not ours, and never will be... leichardt and Ctown are....
Well we average 18k at Homebush and 12k at the others. Maybe your in the minority.
Atmosphere.... enjoy a place without it then... aslong as you can have a slash or a beer without waiting tho.... that’s all that matters. Your seriously telling me as a tigers supporter that you would rather anz ovr leichardt?
As a Weststigers supporter, every day in the week.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6109
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Mon 14 May, 2018 1:42 pm

If you are going to play at the new Western Stadium, you will want to do it from the outset and not late in the piece, i.e. if Parra can reassert themselves as the dominant club at the venue.

However I note what people are saying, Moore Park and Homebush are not in the core heartland of any one side, whereas Western Stadium is.

Blaze
Member
Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue 20 Mar, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by Blaze » Mon 14 May, 2018 6:26 pm

IMO, I Don’t care how great the new parra stadium is going to be... as a wests tigers supporter, when it’s compared to leichardt it will still be the eels home ground, as is anz everyone else’s.... sterile with no soul... but hey, it’s all about money these days... I’m already tempted with the decision to be a non ticketed member... this may just sway me, can’t stand parra supporters... 😂

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29608
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 15 May, 2018 5:50 am

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/video/ ... dium-above

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/video/ ... march-2018

Can we move this into the main section

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29608
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:10 pm

Went for a run this morning past the new stadium

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1464
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:13 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:10 pm
Went for a run this morning past the new stadium

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


You parramatta legend. Gods country

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1464
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:15 pm

cochise wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 11:40 am
Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:37 am
gallagher wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:24 am
Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:07 am
They put a massive tigers banner up at anz every home game we play there.... does that mean it feels the same as leichardt? Just because parra stadium is going to be new, means nothing except a little comfort to spectators.... which is fine if you want to forget about atmosphere.... parra will be the same... because it’s not ours, and never will be... leichardt and Ctown are....
Well we average 18k at Homebush and 12k at the others. Maybe your in the minority.
Atmosphere.... enjoy a place without it then... aslong as you can have a slash or a beer without waiting tho.... that’s all that matters. Your seriously telling me as a tigers supporter that you would rather anz ovr leichardt?
The new Western Sydney Stadium is going to have plenty of atmosphere and quickly will become the best rectangular stadium in the country. The stands are steep, very steep, the crowd is going to be even closer to the action than they are Leichhardt.
Do they sell lolly bags??

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5178
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:22 pm

There’s the future right there ... time to play with the BIG boys!

Post Reply