Fonua in the centres

Wests Tigers Discussion
gallagher

Re: Fonua in the centres

Post by gallagher » Thu 10 May, 2018 11:03 pm

He looked at home in the centres.
Nofo, Kev and MWZ to fight out the wing spots.

Wa Mag/Tig

Post by Wa Mag/Tig » Thu 10 May, 2018 11:15 pm

Happy i live in WA and i know that there was a very heavy wind in sydney tonight. I don't blame Masters for missing his conversions, from almost the sideline. JT gets one from sideline but thats a champ. The wind played alot when it came to taking a high kick. Its a win or lose thing in the breeze. Glad you're liking Brooks coz he is very impressive. Hope Fitler is blind for Tigers sake or opens his eyes for Brooks sake.

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Thu 10 May, 2018 11:29 pm

His hit on Morgan in the dying minutes was a beauty. He snuffed out alot of plays that came his way and his running is just immense. Thought he played great in centre, leave him and Malakai, the running out of our end with them two and Nofa was great to see. Along with Packer, new cult hero of the team!

willow

Post by willow » Thu 10 May, 2018 11:31 pm

Better in the centres, he and Marsters are a handful, and combined with Rowdy on the left edge, we looked great.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 10 May, 2018 11:34 pm

willow wrote:
Thu 10 May, 2018 11:31 pm
Better in the centres, he and Marsters are a handful, and combined with Rowdy on the left edge, we looked great.
Tonight wasn't a good game to judge him defensively , especially under pressure , when he has attackers at different angles and decisions need to be made

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 10 May, 2018 11:39 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 10 May, 2018 11:34 pm
willow wrote:
Tonight wasn't a good game to judge him defensively , especially under pressure , when he has attackers at different angles and decisions need to be made
Ben Hampton disagrees....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Thu 10 May, 2018 11:40 pm

happy tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
I forget who he tackled but there was an important tackle he made on the goal line.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 10 May, 2018 11:43 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 10 May, 2018 11:39 pm
happy tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
We'll see , the Cowboys couldn't maintain any pressure at all

Not knocking Fonua , just not the quickest bloke off the mark , could struggle defensively /laterally

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 10 May, 2018 11:49 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 10 May, 2018 11:43 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
willow wrote:

Not knocking Fonua , just not the quickest bloke off the mark , could struggle defensively /laterally
Why couldn't they maintain pressure..wouldn't have anything to do with our defence..?

Fonua smashed Hampton a good 5 or 6 times making good decisions...the replay is on now and he just buried Morgan..those guys can play..even Bwaith your man just said so..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Thu 10 May, 2018 11:53 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 10 May, 2018 11:49 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 10 May, 2018 11:43 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Why couldn't they maintain pressure..wouldn't have anything to do with our defence..?

Fonua smashed Hampton a good 5 or 6 times making good decisions...the replay is on now and he just buried Morgan..those guys can play..even Bwaith your man just said so..
The best part of those hits was that he didn’t rush out of the line. So many times you see players go for the big hit only to clutching at thin air but Mahe stood his ground and launched pretty much from a standing position and timed them to perfection. Because his decision making looks sound, his lack of pace may not be a huge issue

The one on the try line was a pearler as well.

Wa Mag/Tig

Post by Wa Mag/Tig » Fri 11 May, 2018 12:06 am

Defensive and laterally movement? I hear that alot on this forum. Mostly from the same posters. I think most of those posters would have never played the game and use such words to try and make everyone think that they are the Gus Goulds of the Rugby League world. Pick up a football and run. It's not as easy as it seems sitting on the sideline or on a couch.

Skip

Post by Skip » Fri 11 May, 2018 12:08 am

IMO he's a liability on the wing due to his height, definitely better at centre, haven't watched any ISP games but from what I've heard on the forums about his ball handling he seems to have that down on lock now. Beast of a player
"It's not because i'm lazy, it's because i don't care"

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Fri 11 May, 2018 7:21 am

Wa Mag/Tig wrote:
Fri 11 May, 2018 12:06 am
Defensive and laterally movement? I hear that alot on this forum. Mostly from the same posters. I think most of those posters would have never played the game and use such words to try and make everyone think that they are the Gus Goulds of the Rugby League world. Pick up a football and run. It's not as easy as it seems sitting on the sideline or on a couch.
Or he actually has played and has made an important observation. Lateral movement is definitely an issue for players that are bulkier and have come back from a injury. Greg inglis is a great example of a player who struggled until recently of moving laterally hence he got beaten a few times. There a lot of forwards who struggle too.

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Fri 11 May, 2018 7:26 am

How long is Fonua contracted for?
However long its he should be extended today.He brings MONGREL to our backline something we have not had for a long time the Cowboys were crapping themselves every time he got the ball last night hence the 215 mtrs he run.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Fri 11 May, 2018 7:29 am

Wa Mag/Tig wrote:
Fri 11 May, 2018 12:06 am
X2.

So many experts on here mate.

At the end of the day he’s an awesome player. Keep him in the centres. He did great
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Fri 11 May, 2018 7:29 am

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Fri 11 May, 2018 7:26 am
How long is Fonua contracted for?
However long its he should be extended today.He brings MONGREL to our backline something we have not had for a long time the Cowboys were crapping themselves every time he got the ball last night hence the 215 mtrs he run.
Yes. But he's like Shaun Kenny Do well. He's going to make mistakes. Still better having him there anyway.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Fri 11 May, 2018 7:39 am

Wa Mag/Tig wrote:
Thu 10 May, 2018 11:15 pm
Happy i live in WA and i know that there was a very heavy wind in sydney tonight. I don't blame Masters for missing his conversions, from almost the sideline. JT gets one from sideline but thats a champ. The wind played alot when it came to taking a high kick. Its a win or lose thing in the breeze. Glad you're liking Brooks coz he is very impressive. Hope Fitler is blind for Tigers sake or opens his eyes for Brooks sake.
By kick off the wind had died down considerably. In fact when master was kicking the wind was gone. I would say when he was warming up the wind was a factor by the time the game started it was a light breeze and masters over compensated on both first half kicks.

The Old Fox

Post by The Old Fox » Fri 11 May, 2018 8:09 am

Reality is Kevin and Lawerence have shocking hands, however Chris makes up for it in attack and defence and is playing in great form, Kevin is a liability in the centres, might sneak a spot on the wing, but the new kid in town has secured the spot in the centres. Teams will need to tackle him in three's worrying about his off loads.