Robbie Rochow

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2385
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Re: Robbie Rochow

Post by diedpretty » Sat 12 May, 2018 4:03 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:50 am
Started off great. Has been on empty the last few weeks. Atrocious defence.
I agree - he doesn't hit the line hard and often pulls up just as he gets to it. Not a good hole runner. Is 2nd in NRL for missed tackles ( only Maloney in front of him ) and second in ineffective tackles. I think its time McQueen was given a run.


User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2385
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Sat 12 May, 2018 4:07 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 4:03 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:50 am
Started off great. Has been on empty the last few weeks. Atrocious defence.
I agree - he doesn't hit the line hard and often pulls up just as he gets to it. Not a good hole runner. Is 2nd in NRL for missed tackles ( only Maloney in front of him ) and second in ineffective tackles. I think its time McQueen was given a run.
Or Garner or Garlic Aoili

TigersBusDriver
Member
Member
Posts: 899
Joined: Mon 24 Apr, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by TigersBusDriver » Sat 12 May, 2018 4:08 pm

Think everyone's being a bit too harsh here...
IMO he's been great

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32192
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Sat 12 May, 2018 5:21 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 4:03 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:50 am
Started off great. Has been on empty the last few weeks. Atrocious defence.
I agree - he doesn't hit the line hard and often pulls up just as he gets to it. Not a good hole runner. Is 2nd in NRL for missed tackles ( only Maloney in front of him ) and second in ineffective tackles. I think its time McQueen was given a run.
Have you seen McQueen this year? He's not the next best option after Rochow.

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Sat 12 May, 2018 5:26 pm

kingbrooks wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 2:15 pm
He is ok.

He defends well but offers little in attack.

I think the issue is at times we have Taylor, Eisenhuth, Rochow and to a much lesser extent Twal on the field who all have a limited impact in attack. They all have good work rates (defensively in particular), but not much doing with the ball
Hit the nail on the head.


User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Sat 12 May, 2018 5:33 pm

He's gone better than expected in the early rounds because I think most of us didn't expect him to play much NRL.
I think we're one quality backrower short, sometimes Aloiai looks like he could be it, sometimes I wonder.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 942
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sat 12 May, 2018 6:03 pm

bbobb wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 3:18 pm
He looks like and moves like a prop. He doesn't seem to have the speed and agility to be an effective edge player. His lack of dynamism means he can be a bit of liability in defence however what is more concerning is that he is not an effective target in attack. He doesn't run the threatening lines of Lawrence nor does he have the tackle busting ability of Aloiai.

I think he really puts in which is great but he kind of reminds me of Adam Blair in that he is a square peg in a round hole. We will get more value from him playing in the middle third.

Definitely worth persevering with but needs to be in the right position.

I saw that he was playing in the middle for part of the game at LO.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5453
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sat 12 May, 2018 6:24 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 12:04 pm
He was interchanged on Thursday which probably is because of the fatigue factor.
No he went off for HIA. He collected a head clash defending the line, came away with a bloodied nose. He stayed on that set but the trainer assessed him afterwards and subbed him.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 6855
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 12 May, 2018 6:58 pm

Hot and cold it seems
Hoping he regains form.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
cqtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2489
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:34 pm
Location: Rockhampton QLD

Post by cqtiger » Sat 12 May, 2018 8:09 pm

willow wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 5:21 pm
diedpretty wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 4:03 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:50 am
Started off great. Has been on empty the last few weeks. Atrocious defence.
I agree - he doesn't hit the line hard and often pulls up just as he gets to it. Not a good hole runner. Is 2nd in NRL for missed tackles ( only Maloney in front of him ) and second in ineffective tackles. I think its time McQueen was given a run.
Have you seen McQueen this year? He's not the next best option after Rochow.
Funny that, seeing he’s been picked in the 21 for a few weeks now. But no, I haven’t watched any ISP
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 1658
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 12 May, 2018 8:30 pm

Fibros wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 12:10 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:50 am
Started off great. Has been on empty the last few weeks. Atrocious defence.
The way I see it also.
Yeah me too, he exceeded all my expectations of him in the first 5 rounds then much like Matulino his form dropped dramatically. That said, both were much improved on Thursday night with the inclusion of Packer again.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32192
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Sat 12 May, 2018 8:39 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 8:09 pm
willow wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 5:21 pm
diedpretty wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 4:03 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:50 am
Started off great. Has been on empty the last few weeks. Atrocious defence.
I agree - he doesn't hit the line hard and often pulls up just as he gets to it. Not a good hole runner. Is 2nd in NRL for missed tackles ( only Maloney in front of him ) and second in ineffective tackles. I think its time McQueen was given a run.
Have you seen McQueen this year? He's not the next best option after Rochow.
Funny that, seeing he’s been picked in the 21 for a few weeks now. But no, I haven’t watched any ISP
He's not threatening anyone in FG.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 1658
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 12 May, 2018 8:45 pm

willow wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 8:39 pm
cqtiger wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 8:09 pm
willow wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 5:21 pm
diedpretty wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 4:03 pm


I agree - he doesn't hit the line hard and often pulls up just as he gets to it. Not a good hole runner. Is 2nd in NRL for missed tackles ( only Maloney in front of him ) and second in ineffective tackles. I think its time McQueen was given a run.
Have you seen McQueen this year? He's not the next best option after Rochow.
Funny that, seeing he’s been picked in the 21 for a few weeks now. But no, I haven’t watched any ISP
He's not threatening anyone in FG.
That is a real shame to hear Willow. I have always liked McQueen and was hoping we would sign him much sooner than this year. He was playing pretty well for the Titans last season before that injury, which unfortunately, I think will end his career sooner rather than later.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2028
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Sat 12 May, 2018 9:54 pm

He has been good. Not going to make the metres not going to break the line but he has been good.

Some players step up when they play FG. Hopefully McQueen is one of those.

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2385
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Sun 13 May, 2018 8:32 am

willow wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 5:21 pm
diedpretty wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 4:03 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:50 am
Started off great. Has been on empty the last few weeks. Atrocious defence.
I agree - he doesn't hit the line hard and often pulls up just as he gets to it. Not a good hole runner. Is 2nd in NRL for missed tackles ( only Maloney in front of him ) and second in ineffective tackles. I think its time McQueen was given a run.
Have you seen McQueen this year? He's not the next best option after Rochow.
Yea thats true - thats why i hedged my bets with Garner or Aloiai

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 27757
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 13 May, 2018 8:45 am

Nice to see so many defending our Plodders these days....

Aloiai for me in place of Rochow this week,,,
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm


Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 13 May, 2018 9:15 am

TIGER wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 5:26 pm
kingbrooks wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 2:15 pm
He is ok.

He defends well but offers little in attack.

I think the issue is at times we have Taylor, Eisenhuth, Rochow and to a much lesser extent Twal on the field who all have a limited impact in attack. They all have good work rates (defensively in particular), but not much doing with the ball
Hit the nail on the head.
agree with all except twal- he's made consistent metres

i think we only have space for only two of ET, eiso and rochow- right now it's OK coz ET plays a utility role for us too but once reynolds fills that hole in, i think rochow might be the one to miss out
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

kingbrooks
Member
Member
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:15 am

Post by kingbrooks » Sun 13 May, 2018 9:27 am

tig_prmz wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 9:15 am
TIGER wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 5:26 pm
kingbrooks wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 2:15 pm
He is ok.

He defends well but offers little in attack.

I think the issue is at times we have Taylor, Eisenhuth, Rochow and to a much lesser extent Twal on the field who all have a limited impact in attack. They all have good work rates (defensively in particular), but not much doing with the ball
Hit the nail on the head.
agree with all except twal- he's made consistent metres

i think we only have space for only two of ET, eiso and rochow- right now it's OK coz ET plays a utility role for us too but once reynolds fills that hole in, i think rochow might be the one to miss out
I know what your saying, and twals spot is definitely not in doubt, but I more meant guys who get to the line and push forward a bit. Twal is a hard worker who accumulates metres but i dont think he makes any strong metres where he busts the advantage line so to speak and i think when subs come on and the pack has twal, rochow, eisenhuth, taylor etc our sets are very weak.

Post Reply