Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 11:15 am
Blaze wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 8:32 am
cktiger wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 12:53 am
Snake wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 9:51 pm

I get the feeling this is starting to happen ,like it or not the club has to put down a base ..to be frank I have had enough of the West’s / Balmain rubbish that ended 18 yrs ago
The separation of the fan base has to stop ....from day one the club has pandered to this edict.
My opinion is make the decision and the supporters that follow good the others can please themselves,this club is in no position not to move forward and to finally find a home .Build it and they will come!
Considering our reserve grade team was changed from WestsTigers to Western Suburbs Magpies only this year it seems some are all for separation of the brand.
I don’t think it really matters, canberra, Melbourne, parra don’t seem to mind... its giving our kids a lesson into history when we carry on about the old days....
Winning is probably the best way to strengthen the Brand.
I'm for a strong WestsTigers brand.
There are lots of ways to create this and strength the Brand. ATM I think we do have a strong Brand. T.V rating have been good for the WT's for years. We have a united board with good management and aren't looking like we could fold for financial reasons. The five home grounds have not been great for a strong brand.
The Bronco's (as much as I hate to say it) probably have one of the strongest Brands in the league. Mainly because they are the only team in a big Rugby League capital city and they have one home ground.
Having a solid home base with a leagues club or Head Office next to it, would be ideal. I don't mind sharing a ground with other Club's or Codes. However having a shared ground right in the middle of Parramatta when the League is looking at reducing the amount of Sydney teams doesn't seem like the ideal spot for us.
The NRL will prefer us to be playing out of the new stadium.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 14 May, 2018 12:00 pm

its good to see numbers Telly still strong this year.

My brother is a mad Parra fan. He has a 3 year old son that he is trying to convert into an Eels fan. He confessed to me on the weekend "Do you know how hard it is to make a kid like an Eel?". I hadn't really thought about that. Then I did a roar to my young nephew and for the next 5 mins he kept repeating the word Tiger.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 14 May, 2018 12:04 pm

cktiger wrote:
Snake wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 9:39 pm
The cub needs to engage the supporter base in Sydney. We should be one of the strongest clubs.
I get the feeling this is starting to happen ,like it or not the club has to put down a base ..to be frank I have had enough of the West’s / Balmain rubbish that ended 18 yrs ago
The separation of the fan base has to stop ....from day one the club has pandered to this edict.
My opinion is make the decision and the supporters that follow good the others can please themselves,this club is in no position not to move forward and to finally find a home .Build it and they will come!
Considering our reserve grade team was changed from WestsTigers to Western Suburbs Magpies only this year it seems some are all for separation of the brand.
I agree 100%. NRL should demand clubs field first and reserves. Fans want this but since when did the NRL give a toss about fans!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 14 May, 2018 12:14 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 12:04 pm
cktiger wrote:
Snake wrote:
gallagher wrote:
The cub needs to engage the supporter base in Sydney. We should be one of the strongest clubs.
I agree 100%. NRL should demand clubs field first and reserves. Fans want this but since when did the NRL give a toss about fans!!
I hate that for a lot of games that there is now only 1 game on match day.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 14 May, 2018 1:05 pm

cochise wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 12:14 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 12:04 pm
cktiger wrote:
Snake wrote:

I hate that for a lot of games that there is now only 1 game on match day.
Yep and this Thursday is the same
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Post by 851 » Mon 14 May, 2018 1:12 pm

Snake wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Pretty much what needs to happen, but no one has the balls to make the call
Go hard or go home

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 14 May, 2018 5:55 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 1:12 pm
Snake wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Cleary's talk about needing one home ground is the softening up of the supporter base for the decision to be made later this year.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Mon 14 May, 2018 6:57 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 6:51 pm
krayola wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 6:35 pm
Several NRL teams have quite large supporter bases but unfortunately many of them are in Sydney, home to some of the most fair-weather fans you’ll ever see. We’ve certainly got a great amount and they’ll turn up if we become stable and start winning.

If a team was going to be cut you’d have to say it’s Manly. Their fans don’t travel, they’re a relatively poorer club these days and they don’t have a great interstate fan base either. Relocate them to Perth.
No thanks Just punt them.
Yeah bring back the bears in WA and drop the silver tails

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 14 May, 2018 7:00 pm

Couldn’t believe Souths vs saints only drew 13k on Sunday arvo....we drew more than that on a cold Thursday night.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 14 May, 2018 7:46 pm

cochise wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 5:55 pm
851 wrote:
Snake wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Cleary's talk about needing one home ground is the softening up of the supporter base for the decision to be made later this year.
Bingo!
Timing is everything too...the day after the first Leichhardt game of the year, out they come with this.
He was very concise on what he said tonite and was quick to correct them.

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 14 May, 2018 10:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 7:46 pm
cochise wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 5:55 pm
851 wrote:
Snake wrote:

Bingo!
Timing is everything too...the day after the first Leichhardt game of the year, out they come with this.
He was very concise on what he said tonite and was quick to correct them.
It is quite obvious what the plan is from here, this is just the start of the media campaign. I think we will be looking at 1-2 games at Leichhardt and Campbelltown with the rest at the WSS as early as next year.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 May, 2018 10:48 pm

Does it really matter where we play ??

As long as we can turn it into an absolute graveyard for every side , has a good atmosphere , easy access and great viewing for all fans and its financially viable for the WT's and its fan I can't see an issue

But then again I don't have a favourite ground either

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Mon 14 May, 2018 10:56 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 10:48 pm

As long as we can turn it into an absolute graveyard for every side , has a good atmosphere , easy access and great viewing for all fans and its financially viable for the WT's and its fan I can't see an issue

The home ground advantage exists for a reason.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 May, 2018 11:09 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 10:56 pm
happy tiger wrote:

The home ground advantage exists for a reason.
Which is probably why I said to turn it into a graveyard for every side :shock:

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 14 May, 2018 11:16 pm

Getting back to the original post - the more people who watch our games then the more we can ask for sponsorship.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Tue 15 May, 2018 12:02 am

happy tiger wrote:

Leichhardt is my favourite, when there I have felt at home like no other place on this Earth,
But I agree with you completely. We need a stable consistent home ground, to play the majority of our home games at, and it doesn't have to be Leichhardt or Campbelltown, it just has to be ours.

I would prefer to return to LO and CSG for 1 or 2 games a year, but would be happy to have one main ground to base ourselves at, and I also think that is exactly what Pascoe, Go and Cleary are preparing us for.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 15 May, 2018 5:16 pm

not sure how much these stats actually matter but definitely these numbers can be marketed to possible sponsors
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble