MR PASCOE PLEASE

Wests Tigers Discussion
bp tiger

Re: MR PASCOE PLEASE

Post by bp tiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 4:00 pm

the third wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 1:29 pm
Fonua is kevs replacement for now -chill out
get real, its not about fonua been his replacement its about if kev goes thats 3 centres we have lost and one 1/2 back yet there is no replacements, thats the issue.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 5:25 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 3:54 pm
beachtiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 3:40 pm
Oh man being a Wests Tigers supporter is hard work isn't it!!

We have been in the finals abyss for so long now that we are all just begging for a bit of success and for some positive things to come our way but like most people when we get a little taste we aren't happy with that and we want more.

Personally I think we have exceeded expectations so far this season and are higher on the ladder than majority of people would have had us. Am I happy with that, hell no, like everyone I want to be winning more games than we lose and sit at the pointy end of the ladder.

I think most of the angst and impatience that some fans are feeling is based around the fact that we feel for the first time in years we are starting to finally have a team that we all think can win most weeks. However we have started to falter and I think there is some fear that we are starting to slide back to where we have been the last few years and everyone is looking for a strong signing to suggest we are still heading upwards.

Like everyone I really hope we can get a quality signing soon that plugs some of our obvious gaps and our rise as a competitive force continues, come on Cleary and Pascoe please give us some good news soon and let us continue to believe!!
beachtiger.....

I believe our admin has done a great job with getting the finances right for the club....

I believe the recruitment and retention dept have done a great job getting the cap right and affordable players to come to us....

I believe that the team has performed very well and above expectations this year....

I believe in the old adage of"patience is a virtue"....

I believe Pasco and Ivan wont let us down when they anounce a particular sighning that we need..... ;)
Love it TT, I'm a believer too!!

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Mon 21 May, 2018 5:36 pm

So we have 3 places to fill before June 30 possibly even 4 if Kev leaves. I heard somewhere that we have around $1.4 mil to buy 3 players. Mbye gets $500k, Granville gets $450k and Rona gets $450k.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Balmainbred » Mon 21 May, 2018 6:27 pm

Who knows that, Mbye. Granville. Rona. Are in their plans it’s all speculation by every one. I’ll sit on the fence till anyone is announced.

will1999

Post by will1999 » Mon 21 May, 2018 6:50 pm

I wouldn't mind having the same squad just a couple more centres

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 6:55 pm

Eddie wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:40 am
The market is not easy.

The last thing we need is a mid season panic buy on big money.

We need the right fit.

I thought last year maybe we made one or two panic buys (Reynolds)

Im happy to wait until 2019 if it means getting a Cleary or Tapua or player of that ilk.

However understand that for this season we at least need 1-2 stop gap options to try and boost our chances.

Without an injection were next to no hope of holding onto a top 8 spot.
And Lolo.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:00 pm

beachtiger wrote:

We have been in the finals abyss for so long now that we are all just begging for a bit of success and for some positive things to come our way but like most people when we get a little taste we aren't happy with that and we want more.

Personally I think we have exceeded expectations so far this season and are higher on the ladder than majority of people would have had us. Am I happy with that, hell no, like everyone I want to be winning more games than we lose and sit at the pointy end of the ladder.

I think most of the angst and impatience that some fans are feeling is based around the fact that we feel for the first time in years we are starting to finally have a team that we all think can win most weeks. However we have started to falter and I think there is some fear that we are starting to slide back to where we have been the last few years and everyone is looking for a strong signing to suggest we are still heading upwards.

Like everyone I really hope we can get a quality signing soon that plugs some of our obvious gaps and our rise as a competitive force continues, come on Cleary and Pascoe please give us some good news soon and let us continue to believe!!
If you’re not a psychologist you should be!!😜
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:03 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:00 pm
beachtiger wrote:

Haha no mate just a lifelong suffering fan with hope for the future!!

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:06 pm

beachtiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:03 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:00 pm
beachtiger wrote:

Haha no mate just a lifelong suffering fan with hope for the future!!
You and me both!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:08 pm

beachtiger wrote:

Good post mate, stands out because it is an honest opinion with no agenda.
Its an opinion!

Post by 851 » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:20 pm

Newtown wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 3:08 pm
Eddie wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:40 am
The market is not easy.

The last thing we need is a mid season panic buy on big money.

We need the right fit.

I thought last year maybe we made one or two panic buys (Reynolds)

Im happy to wait until 2019 if it means getting a Cleary or Tapua or player of that ilk.

However understand that for this season we at least need 1-2 stop gap options to try and boost our chances.

Without an injection were next to no hope of holding onto a top 8 spot.
It is looking very likely that Wests Tigers are making at least one, probably two, very good signings before June 30.
I truly hope you are right, would be the lift we need to get our season back on track, our attack is awful at the moment, only the Dogs one point less than us and Parra have a worse attack.
Go hard or go home

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 7:31 pm

joelw2002 wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 5:36 pm
So we have 3 places to fill before June 30 possibly even 4 if Kev leaves. I heard somewhere that we have around $1.4 mil to buy 3 players. Mbye gets $500k, Granville gets $450k and Rona gets $450k.
Not real sure the Cowboys are going to let Granville go mid season when they don't have a ready made replacement and no cap issues

Unless ........they want Valentine NOW

Not with the way Morgan played on Saturday

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 21 May, 2018 8:00 pm

Suli took slater to a dark place when he ran over him for that try

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 21 May, 2018 8:07 pm

hammertime wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:30 am
He's already stated his approach. They're not going to buy anyone unless its the right fit. They'll backload the cap if the right player doesn't come along.

Announcing any specifics gives away a competitive advantage. Why would you want to put the club at a disadvantage so you can feel a little more briefed?
sadly, no surproses, nano second attention span bed wetteres need new drama every 2-3 nano seconds :bash
The next will be 'we need the new coach', just wait for a few more losses :deadhorse:

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 21 May, 2018 8:48 pm

Imagine Ivan and Pascoe filled the 3 remaining spots with no names. People would be in uproar. Clubs are realising that they may need to shed players to be cap compliant. Rather than take the leftovers we have some power and that needs time and patience.

With Fonau and marsters , I don’t think Kev would be playing much first grade this year. So not sure what the fuss is all about if he was to go.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 21 May, 2018 8:55 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 8:07 pm
hammertime wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:30 am
He's already stated his approach. They're not going to buy anyone unless its the right fit. They'll backload the cap if the right player doesn't come along.

Announcing any specifics gives away a competitive advantage. Why would you want to put the club at a disadvantage so you can feel a little more briefed?
sadly, no surproses, nano second attention span bed wetteres need new drama every 2-3 nano seconds :bash
The next will be 'we need the new coach', just wait for a few more losses :deadhorse:

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 21 May, 2018 10:17 pm

ITS TEAM, not players.

OH NO we won't sign our 30! We should sign some available players and get our roster up to 30 peeps, and if we spend 600K on say a Hooker or some problem we think we have this week then we will be fine next year, right.

It's TEAM not Players!

At the start of the year we gelled well and we reaped a good preseason. Now, were getting caught out. Throw 1 or 2 over-priced so and so's and were back to square 1! Oh but we will make the 8! No No No!

We need to build a strong solid team culture. Were getting there, because Corey Thompson resigned with us over the bulldogs who could definitely use him. We build strongly then we will sign better players who are not short fuses.. Lets not worry about signing the 30, but signing good people for our team. If we only sign 27 or 28, we give some of our juniors a shot in the 30. That's all fine.

Build a team and have a solid growth plan. Don't just hire fast furious players who will win you games one day and ruin your team the next.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 21 May, 2018 11:04 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 7:31 pm
joelw2002 wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 5:36 pm
Not real sure the Cowboys are going to let Granville go mid season when they don't have a ready made replacement and no cap issues

Unless ........they want Valentine NOW

Not with the way Morgan played on Saturday
Whatever happened to Jayden Hodges?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.