MR PASCOE PLEASE

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2545
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW

Re: MR PASCOE PLEASE

Post by hammertime » Mon 21 May, 2018 12:34 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:32 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:24 am
Geo. wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:13 am
With who...?
I think anyone who comes along apparently....some on here have absolutely no patients ....LET IVAN DO HIS JOB...he hasnt done to badly atm,we are still in the 8 I think and thats a far cry from where most had us sitting before the commencment of the season..

Haha ok guys calm the farm.

The point of the thread is not about Ivan Cleary or rushing into signing any old player. Its about making this a priority. Its about our club not being on a level playing field with the 15 other clubs.

Fans have had enough. We have no more patience for rebuilds.

Put this club on a level playing field and let us compete.

THIS YEAR!
I'm a fan and I don't agree. You can't rebuild a team in a year, maybe if we hadn't lost our spine, but certainly not with the amount of turnover we had. There just isn't the talent available to purchase in a single year. Players have multi year contracts.

That is also even more less likely given we aren't the most desirable club. Bad facilities, history of mismanagement and player revolts.

It's taken 3 years to get over the cap issues. I don't want us to plunge back into mismanagement with impatience and short term thinking. The only way we'll get to where you want us to be is if we're smarter, more calculated and calmer. We've got the best in the biz at doing just that.


NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3031
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 12:38 pm

Hammertime said: "if we're smarter, more calculated and calmer. We've got the best in the biz at doing just that."
x2 Be Patient
"Quality Stupidity"

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3370
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 12:39 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 12:38 pm
Hammertime said: "if we're smarter, more calculated and calmer. We've got the best in the biz at doing just that."
x2 Be Patient
x3

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5084
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 21 May, 2018 12:40 pm

X3

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 21 May, 2018 12:53 pm

It's our centres that is the issue here guys.....We shouldn't have to put up with this as supporters. I want to know if Kev is available for selection or not. And if he's released I want to know who's his replacement. Simples
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:


westy81
Member
Member
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue 21 Jun, 2011 1:29 am

Post by westy81 » Mon 21 May, 2018 12:55 pm

Why can’t you all just be patient
They might not sign players straight away but they will by June 30
So just be patient
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40842
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 12:58 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 12:26 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:39 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:24 am
Geo. wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:13 am
With who...?
I think anyone who comes along apparently....some on here have absolutely no patients ....LET IVAN DO HIS JOB...he hasnt done to badly atm,we are still in the 8 I think and thats a far cry from where most had us sitting before the commencment of the season..
So true TT , bet most on here are asking for their 2018 Xmas presents Boxing Day 2017 :lol:

Bit of patience would be nice

July 1 comes and nothing has happened , then raise hell if you like , borrow Hobbo's torch and pitchfork .....oh hang on he'll need it , he will be hunting the next scarecrow , IC
ivan goes ok , he's got a pass mark so far I'm my books but I don't think he's the messiah that everyone is creaming over !
IMO the wheels on the bus have a death wobble :lol:
Shame Mick Potter didn't get a real go ...I liked him !

Dogs 1-12 this week .
Brian is the Messiah , don't you watch Monty Python films or read Wikipedia :brick:

maxxy86
Member
Member
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 11:54 am

Post by maxxy86 » Mon 21 May, 2018 1:06 pm

westy81 wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 12:55 pm
Why can’t you all just be patient
They might not sign players straight away but they will by June 30
So just be patient
Not while M Chee-Kam lines up in the centres
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3370
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 1:11 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 1:06 pm
westy81 wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 12:55 pm
Why can’t you all just be patient
They might not sign players straight away but they will by June 30
So just be patient
Not while M Chee-Kam lines up in the centres
I doubt MCK will play in the centres again

User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2545
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW

Post by hammertime » Mon 21 May, 2018 1:18 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 12:53 pm
It's our centres that is the issue here guys.....We shouldn't have to put up with this as supporters. I want to know if Kev is available for selection or not. And if he's released I want to know who's his replacement. Simples
So, either you want to know performance wise who is the best out of our current bunch to replace Kev. Or the inner workings of current contract negotiations?

I strongly don't want anyone to know this besides the club.
Why? Because I, and hopefully most of us, want to do everything we can to win.
Keeping selection and recruitment info in-house is critical for that.

User avatar
the third
Member
Member
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed 01 Sep, 2010 10:55 pm
Location: here and there

Post by the third » Mon 21 May, 2018 1:29 pm

Fonua is kevs replacement for now -chill out

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22461
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 21 May, 2018 1:30 pm

Kev isn’t even gone for Gods sake.

TigerSJ
Member
Member
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 21 May, 2018 2:41 pm

I am sure they are moving behind the scenes and looking to fill the roster. It may not be with the ultimate players this season but watch the vids of IC being interviewed about the rebuild program at WTs and the time it takes, the ups and downs etc. He has done this before and is the absolute best guy for the job. So lets all just take a Bex and have a little lie down - let Ivan do his job.

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5622
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Mon 21 May, 2018 3:08 pm

Eddie wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:40 am
The market is not easy.

The last thing we need is a mid season panic buy on big money.

We need the right fit.

I thought last year maybe we made one or two panic buys (Reynolds)

Im happy to wait until 2019 if it means getting a Cleary or Tapua or player of that ilk.

However understand that for this season we at least need 1-2 stop gap options to try and boost our chances.

Without an injection were next to no hope of holding onto a top 8 spot.
It is looking very likely that Wests Tigers are making at least one, probably two, very good signings before June 30.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40842
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 3:17 pm

hammertime wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 12:34 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:32 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:24 am
Geo. wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 11:13 am
With who...?
I think anyone who comes along apparently....some on here have absolutely no patients ....LET IVAN DO HIS JOB...he hasnt done to badly atm,we are still in the 8 I think and thats a far cry from where most had us sitting before the commencment of the season..

Haha ok guys calm the farm.

The point of the thread is not about Ivan Cleary or rushing into signing any old player. Its about making this a priority. Its about our club not being on a level playing field with the 15 other clubs.

Fans have had enough. We have no more patience for rebuilds.

Put this club on a level playing field and let us compete.

THIS YEAR!
I'm a fan and I don't agree. You can't rebuild a team in a year, maybe if we hadn't lost our spine, but certainly not with the amount of turnover we had. There just isn't the talent available to purchase in a single year. Players have multi year contracts.

That is also even more less likely given we aren't the most desirable club. Bad facilities, history of mismanagement and player revolts.

It's taken 3 years to get over the cap issues. I don't want us to plunge back into mismanagement with impatience and short term thinking. The only way we'll get to where you want us to be is if we're smarter, more calculated and calmer. We've got the best in the biz at doing just that.
x 1000

Try some patience

This is for you GNR ;)



https://www.bing.com/search?q=patience+ ... 41e7f3d298

User avatar
beachtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:12 am
Location: Sunshine Coast

Post by beachtiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 3:40 pm

Oh man being a Wests Tigers supporter is hard work isn't it!!

We have been in the finals abyss for so long now that we are all just begging for a bit of success and for some positive things to come our way but like most people when we get a little taste we aren't happy with that and we want more.

Personally I think we have exceeded expectations so far this season and are higher on the ladder than majority of people would have had us. Am I happy with that, hell no, like everyone I want to be winning more games than we lose and sit at the pointy end of the ladder.

I think most of the angst and impatience that some fans are feeling is based around the fact that we feel for the first time in years we are starting to finally have a team that we all think can win most weeks. However we have started to falter and I think there is some fear that we are starting to slide back to where we have been the last few years and everyone is looking for a strong signing to suggest we are still heading upwards.

Like everyone I really hope we can get a quality signing soon that plugs some of our obvious gaps and our rise as a competitive force continues, come on Cleary and Pascoe please give us some good news soon and let us continue to believe!!

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5478
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 3:54 pm

beachtiger wrote:
Mon 21 May, 2018 3:40 pm
Oh man being a Wests Tigers supporter is hard work isn't it!!

We have been in the finals abyss for so long now that we are all just begging for a bit of success and for some positive things to come our way but like most people when we get a little taste we aren't happy with that and we want more.

Personally I think we have exceeded expectations so far this season and are higher on the ladder than majority of people would have had us. Am I happy with that, hell no, like everyone I want to be winning more games than we lose and sit at the pointy end of the ladder.

I think most of the angst and impatience that some fans are feeling is based around the fact that we feel for the first time in years we are starting to finally have a team that we all think can win most weeks. However we have started to falter and I think there is some fear that we are starting to slide back to where we have been the last few years and everyone is looking for a strong signing to suggest we are still heading upwards.

Like everyone I really hope we can get a quality signing soon that plugs some of our obvious gaps and our rise as a competitive force continues, come on Cleary and Pascoe please give us some good news soon and let us continue to believe!!
beachtiger.....

I believe our admin has done a great job with getting the finances right for the club....

I believe the recruitment and retention dept have done a great job getting the cap right and affordable players to come to us....

I believe that the team has performed very well and above expectations this year....

I believe in the old adage of"patience is a virtue"....

I believe Pasco and Ivan wont let us down when they anounce a particular sighning that we need..... ;)
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Red88 Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri 08 Dec, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Red88 Tiger » Mon 21 May, 2018 3:56 pm

I would expect there is a lot of talks going on in the background. Surely every player manager is calling knowing we have plenty of space in the cap

Post Reply