Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 9:39 pm
851 wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 8:15 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 8:12 pm

Trust me its not sooking its the coach.

He is off.
Last year the coach was the saviour, Mitch couldn't get over there quick enough to play under a coach who's team will play finals footy every year.
Yeah makes you wonder what could've possibly happened in the off season. Parra were going great guns at the end of last season, made top 4, didn't lose anyone of note over that period, so basically the same team and coach, and looked set to have a good 2018. Now they all hate each other and have flopped dramatically this season - weird.

Cowboys have flopped dramatically also, but for different reasons. They at least still like each other, just can't crack good form.
It's a good question isn't it. Semi trailer/Radradua had a HUGE difference.
I think that guy scored a try a game at one stage. But teams playing Parra started to get onto him and defend heavily on his wing. Jarred Hayne should be having a similiarish impact, if not in scoring the tries in at least making the defense watch him.

Otherwise it's the same team. What's happened?

I have wondered if Mitch is tanking the team. Honestly his playing went from excellent to crap. No idea why he is halfback and Norman is 5/8. For those not rating Brad Arthur, considering the crap that guy has had to put up with he deserves a medal. Maybe not a super-coach, clearly involved with making Manly as hard as they were a fair few years ago.

Unless Moses and his uncle are playing silly. Which they may be. Something has clearly happened. Sure their front row is a year older, and Beau Scott should go to the glue factory. But most of their forwards should be able to go forward like they used too.

Honestly Parra probably are just tired. They made the quarter finals with a lot of energy and they have lost that. That can be a very hard thing to recover from.
Simple really. Parra, like the cowboys seriously over-achieved last year.

I would never have said Moses played 'great'. He came on board with them and gave them a decoy for Norman and Gutherson. I can honestly say, hand on heart, I have NEVER seen Moses play a sensational man of the match game, with us or them. The guy is terribly overated in my opinion. He makes the right play about 30% of the time but otherwise the plays are easily read.

Brooks was the same up until now, but you can see a clear improvement in defence and game options. He still isnt world beater but has improved. Compare him to Moses whose defence is still absolutely disgraceful, as it was with us. You cant carry that guy every game. He still tries the trick plays in defence, rushing in from the wing too early, trying one on one strips against 120kg front rowers that swat him off like a fly. He'd be better off laying on the ground infront of them as they run through and hope they trip over him.

And then you have his attitude and contempt for even his own team. Now you dont get to the top grade with no talent, Im not denying he has some, but he is poorly coached and poorly guided. Brooks improvement has coincided with a good coach and cool head older guy in Benji Next to him. Moses might go better under a Bellamy with a Lockyer type player who will tell him to sit down, shut up and hang on. Only then would he learn his way.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!