Hooker position - Thread

Wests Tigers Discussion
tigerbenji

Re: Hooker position

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 28 May, 2018 8:12 am

I like Liddle, but let him learn a bit more in Reggies, i would bring MM in and see how he goes.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 28 May, 2018 8:13 am

Mitch Rein

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 28 May, 2018 8:53 am

MissMe911 wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 7:02 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:54 pm
MissMe911 wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 6:29 pm
Stupid for JR to be at hooker.
Hes our 6
Options are Liddle, Benji, Killa
Benji at hooker? You be trippin'.
Well its not gonna be JR 😂
Id like to see Liddle and Killa but Ivan doesnt Seem to like MM
Bring back Godinet *runs to shelter to take cover*

Seriously, Benji played Hooker for Brisbane and did a good job of it.

We tried Reynolds at hooker and it failed. I would go Benji or see if Lawrence is up for it.
Lolohea doesn't seem to have the speed for hooker or the body.
M Killwrick rocked with powerful runs, but I think Cleary wants to get good ball to Brooks and Reynolds.
Taylor ain't up for it. Something is wrong with the guy, Give him a break.

The only problem is if Benji has brain explosions.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:40 am

colmcd wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 8:53 am

There's nothing wrong with the guy. He just aint a hooker. He's a back rower. I wouldn't want Brad Clyde or David Furner playing hooker.

I love Elijah, but it's terrible when you see Brooks standing wide for an attacking play and Elijah rainbows the ball to his feet.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:43 am

Masterton wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 9:40 am
colmcd wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 8:53 am

There's nothing wrong with the guy. He just aint a hooker. He's a back rower. I wouldn't want Brad Clyde or David Furner playing hooker.

I love Elijah, but it's terrible when you see Brooks standing wide for an attacking play and Elijah rainbows the ball to his feet.
Some of those catches Brooks took were outstanding, thought he was on his debut back at the SCG

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:52 am

Liddle is our man. Funny how everyone forgets that this isn't supposed to be our end game. This is the rebuilding year and he needs time.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:30 am

There is a lot to like about Liddle. Got your hands on the ball more than any other player on the field at DH so it stands to reason that he will make a few errors. And his defence will improve as his body adjusts.
ET is just not a DH. Feel sorry for him because I think it is effecting his form.
We need to resolve the issue and if there is any chance of getting Granville Im all for it.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 28 May, 2018 11:06 am

Liddle didn't get a pre-season, been injured when brought back to grade. Also this club is doing a lot of scramble tackling and line speed to maintain the defence, so it's asking a lot of the late call-ups.

Lids just needs more time. He defn looked short of a gallop yesterday, even his runs were a gear lower than normal. Grubby also blowing hard after 20 mins, so it's that kind of demand on the hooker.

In terms of Killer or Godinet, I still prefer Grubby. It's too one-dimensional to have blokes who can only cover hooker on the bench. At least if we cop an injury to the backs, Grub gives us more cover than the ISP hookers.

tonza

Post by tonza » Mon 28 May, 2018 11:19 am

Telltails wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 10:30 am
There is a lot to like about Liddle. Got your hands on the ball more than any other player on the field at DH so it stands to reason that he will make a few errors. And his defence will improve as his body adjusts.
ET is just not a DH. Feel sorry for him because I think it is effecting his form.
We need to resolve the issue and if there is any chance of getting Granville Im all for it.
When ET is hooker he is also trying to do everybody else's tackles, hence he is ineffective as dummy half. When Reynolds came on yesterday he did very few tackles but was sharp at dummy half.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 28 May, 2018 11:29 am

Liddle hasn’t been the same since he injured his sternum. Even then it was going to be a big ask of him coming back off the back of two shoulder reconstructions and no pre season.

With roster spots open and no quality depth I wouldn’t be adverse to a mid season deal from r a hooker.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 11:33 am

maybe IVAN is looking at MYBE as a hooker.

MissMe911

Post by MissMe911 » Mon 28 May, 2018 12:03 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 11:33 am
maybe IVAN is looking at MYBE as a hooker.
No

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 28 May, 2018 2:03 pm

Mitch Rein

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 28 May, 2018 2:06 pm

TIGER wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 2:03 pm
Mitch Rein
Yuk
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 28 May, 2018 2:18 pm

A crazy waste put Benji at hooker when he such a good attacking player and is handling defence quite well. Don't saddle with him with too many duties when he well become effective at none.

The present hooker situation was I pretty well predicted that was why I was lamenting Farah being thrown to the dogs, I mean rabbits, few years back. As in chess the reason people don't like to move a piece back to it's former position is that they don't like to admit that they made a mistake in doing that action in the first place. But if you really care for the Club then you bite the bullet. Surely Farah has also learnt lessons and not to in any manner disturb the boat.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Mon 28 May, 2018 2:20 pm

:sign: Liddle is a good hooker who I believe might be up for higher honours in time to come....He made two glaring errors not long after kickoff and that haunted him for the remainder of the game....He is tough and he is smart and he will learn from this....

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 28 May, 2018 2:45 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:40 pm
The thing i dont like about Liddle is he doesnt play in the Moment.
He is trying to think of the next play or the one after

He isnt ready of any offloads
I can recall at least 2 from MCK where Liddle was looking elsewhere ( this is over the season, not today)
That's because they were absolutely stupid offloads that cost us big time.

The "Wannabeast" is hopeless.

Surely we can offload him to someone.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 28 May, 2018 2:47 pm

kingbrooks wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:52 pm
Liddle is the best option by far. He made a few mistakes (loose offload and a dropped ball) but the thing about him compared to all the other hookers like MM, Godinet, Taylor is that Liddle actually looks likely of creating something, as he plays direct and draws in the markers. Even today while he made a few mistakes and may not have created an opportunity, he did do a couple of things that made him look dangerous and he follows the ball well and does some little things. He also offers some much needed pace ina ball touching position that we need.

He is long term the answer and I am very happy to keep him in the 9.
Agree totally KB - good post.