How things change

Wests Tigers Discussion
cqtiger

How things change

Post by cqtiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:01 am

It used to be a pretty negative forum when the Wests Tigers lost.

How things change.

There’s more negativity now after we win.
I think the term “perennial losers” is apt for this forum.

So many whingers about our own players, too.
This against a team that, nearing the halfway mark of the season, is in the top eight. This against a team with the second best defense in the comp.

When I think back to the preseason and so many people putting down our squad because they thought Cleary had bought too many plodders or nufties - I would think those people would be ecstatic with our performances to date.

Guess there’s just no pleasing some people.

Nuff said
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:07 am

True, it's annoying but if that's how people wanna be there's not much can be done about it...Maybe when we lift the premiership later this year they'll cheer up.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:11 am

Haven't we already won the same amount of games as we did in 2017?

Everyone that knows I am a Wests Tigers supporter said the Tigers looks really good and haven't had much luck.

2 games this year we were outplayed without being embarrassed.

Last year people on here just wanted to see the boys be in the game with 10 to go, I think we have achieved that in 10 games out of 12.

And on the plus side the boss let me take the Manly flag down and put WT one up.

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:15 am

I'm positive that your post was meant to be positive but seriously having an opinion one way or another is what free speech is all about. Tigers played crap yesterday. Did you see the Press Conference? Chris Lawrence had to cover his face for almost a minute cos he was about to burst out laughing after that schemozzle victory. Reynolds summed it up when he basically said you don't think about what might have been you just take the two points and move on. That's reality. Brisbane, Newcastle we were ripped off, but hey, swings & round abouts! Stay positive we are finals bound - 7 more wins from 12 gets us to 30 with the bye.
Last edited by LeichhardtTiger on Mon 28 May, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:16 am

Nelson wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 9:07 am
True, it's annoying but if that's how people wanna be there's not much can be done about it...Maybe when we lift the premiership later this year they'll cheer up.
No I can just hear it now:
- Lolohere looked lazy when he lifted the trophy
- Marshall showed no leadership during the lap of honour
- Eisenhuth looked like a plodder during the team photo
Etc etc etc
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:20 am

I t's because every time we win the opposition was crap..simple
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:22 am

All teams are having ups and downs this season. Melbourne for example, with a full strength team struggled to beat second last placed North Queensland by one point. The thing many are failing to see from yesterdays win against he Bulldogs is that our team's will to win enabled them to fight back from a 6 point halftime deficit and leave the Bulldogs scoreless throughout the second half..

matchball

Post by matchball » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:51 am

You think Tigers fans are bad.
Go to the Dogs or Dragons forum if you want negativity even when winning.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 28 May, 2018 9:59 am

A thread for the true supporter

Im sure Ivan and the players are looking at what needs to improve.... Why shouldn't we?

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:01 am

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 9:01 am
It used to be a pretty negative forum when the Wests Tigers lost.

How things change.

There’s more negativity now after we win.
I think the term “perennial losers” is apt for this forum.

So many whingers about our own players, too.
This against a team that, nearing the halfway mark of the season, is in the top eight. This against a team with the second best defense in the comp.

When I think back to the preseason and so many people putting down our squad because they thought Cleary had bought too many plodders or nufties - I would think those people would be ecstatic with our performances to date.

Guess there’s just no pleasing some people.

Nuff said
I'm happy with the two points, the coach and the teams improved attitude.
"Quality Stupidity"

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:28 am

If you don't feel better today at work than you did last Friday something is definitely wrong. I enjoyed the second half immensely yesterday. This team generally plays for 80 week in week out and I'm very proud to be a fan.

Ppl, 12 months ago we were looking at the spoon, been deserted by our captain and a couple of turncoats, were on our 3rd coach for the year and had a noron pinged for gambling and cheating charities. Go back a bit further and the Farah saga had split the fan base like a rotten melon. Keep ot up tigpies.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:59 am

You are hardly going to change anyone's mind or personality on here. Some people take yesterday as a good ugly win, others as an example of a deeper club issue. Typically the same people react the same way each time, and long-term forummers know who is who.

It's the same as the Knights/Broncos/Parra losses - some people think these are super costly, as if the Warriors and Panthers losses didn't also cost us 2 competition points. I find it odd myself, because close losses mean you are closer to winning, which is clearly a better position to be in. Better that than a series of floggings. But by the same token, supporters tend to get really weird if you don't convert enough close ones into wins.

It's as if losing to the top sides becomes "sort of ok", even though those top teams are the ones you will face at finals time.

It's also true that the more success you get, the more people expect it. Not as if Melbourne fans say "well we've had a decade of sustained success, a shoddy year or two is ok".

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Mon 28 May, 2018 11:01 am

I try not to feel negative about anything with our footy team win or lose. Yeah, disappointed at times but hey I don't know what goes on in-house so can't really make any judgement on how things go. The coach knows and I don't, simple as that.

We win then good - stoked! even if we win ugly, we lose then I ask "what could we improve on or could have done better?" or I just blame the refs! lol
Last edited by 4jtigers on Mon 28 May, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that worked. A complex system designed from scratch never works and cannot be patched up to make it work. You have to start over with a working simple system. – John Gall

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 28 May, 2018 11:10 am

This post is spot on. I watched the game yesterday with a few bulldog mates and the last 30 minutes was riveting and edge of the seat stuff. Who cares how we win and by how much. I went home happy they went home upset. Ivan has publicity stated he will give every body a shot in his squad. Players have been dropped, players have been tried in different positions. Yet we are still in the 8, won more games then last year already and we are still active in the market for some big names to further strengthen our squad. Yet you’d think we were on the bottom of the table with no upside if you read alot of comments.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 28 May, 2018 11:23 am

A lot of the forummers are acting like Mitch Moses who blames everybody but himself for not playing to a supreme standard.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 28 May, 2018 11:26 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 9:20 am
I t's because every time we win the opposition was crap..simple
and they all have crappy spine :crazy

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 28 May, 2018 11:53 am

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 9:15 am
I'm positive that your post was meant to be positive but seriously having an opinion one way or another is what free speech is all about.
If telling people that their constant whinging is annoying and that they should stop it is now an infirngement of their civil and political rights then I'll need to change my parenting style...

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 12:07 pm

Nelson wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 11:53 am
LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 9:15 am
I'm positive that your post was meant to be positive but seriously having an opinion one way or another is what free speech is all about.
If telling people that their constant whinging is annoying and that they should stop it is now an infirngement of their civil and political rights then I'll need to change my parenting style...
:roll