Demps wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 3:30 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 3:22 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 2:01 pm
There cannot be good without bad.
The old tale of love and hate.

If u wanna be a little flower boy and praise the plodders for their poor performances, go for it.

Me and the dark side boys will happily remind the rainbow lollipop princesses that there always needs improvement and we must never admit that it was good enough.

#EmbraceTheDarkness
#TeamHate
Teamhate - quite sad really
Whatever nerd.
You can be on #TeamFlowerboyNerd
Even sadder.

For the forums most brilliant mind you certainly go for the cheap personal barb pretty quickly. Maybe you’re not as brilliant as you think you are.

Anyway, keep posting your hate. It’s a great laugh really
You and Geo can share bunk beds in the basement and giggle the night away on the side lines.

#TeamHate
Stay in your lane, nerds and basement dwellers.

Shout out @Milky
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 3:46 pm

If we could just get our attack to fire up a bit more, we would silence the "nay sayers" on here.
I'm a glass 3/4 person somehow I can find positives in every win.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 28 May, 2018 3:52 pm

I like the different opinions on here. Much more likely to comment on things I disagree with than things I agree with- so glad to be challenged in the way I think.
For me its exactly what keeps me reading the forum and I appreciate the regulars who are willing to share their thoughts whether they are positive/ or negative.

Post by 2041 » Mon 28 May, 2018 4:03 pm

Tarl wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 3:20 pm
2041 wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 2:37 pm
The team is running eighth with a 7-5 record and no realistic claim to having been especially lucky or unlucky: there have been four close wins (less than a converted try), three close defeats, three comfortable wins and two comfortable defeats. On this basis I think it's perfectly possible to see good and bad things.

Personally, I'm absolutely delighted at how they're going relative to what I expected at the start of the season. But at the same time I still think the squad is pretty light on game-breaking talent - it's largely getting by on good coaching, work rate and the Brooksnaissance.

I think there is a major difference between moaning because we don't win every week and being happy at the overall performance while acknowledging that the talent level of the squad is probably not a realistic premiership threat.
The NRL came out and said our loss to Brisbane was the wrong decision. At best I'd call that unlucky. Besides that, I agree with what you're saying.
Virtually any game settled by less than a try is basically a coin toss. If the pass hadn't bounced off Chee-Kam's head in round one, Matulino's offload had bounced differently in Melbourne and Brodie Croft hadn't let the kick off sail over his head in Auckland we'd probably have been 0-4 and having quite different conversations on here - despite the games being otherwise identical. Three balls, six points. See what I mean?

Again, I'm not saying the Tigers have got particularly lucky. But equally it would be hard to say they have been especially unlucky.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 28 May, 2018 4:36 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 3:37 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 3:35 pm
Demps wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 3:22 pm

Teamhate - quite sad really
Whatever nerd.
Even sadder.

For the forums most brilliant mind you certainly go for the cheap personal barb pretty quickly. Maybe you’re not as brilliant as you think you are.

You and Geo can share bunk beds in the basement and giggle the night away on the side lines.

#TeamHate

Shout out @Milky
Demps you can have a go at me all you like but continue to attack other forum users LU and the likes of the Kennel will gladly accept you into the fold...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 28 May, 2018 5:05 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 4:36 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 3:37 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 3:35 pm
Demps wrote:

Whatever nerd.
Even sadder.

#TeamHate

Shout out @Milky
Demps you can have a go at me all you like but continue to attack other forum users LU and the likes of the Kennel will gladly accept you into the fold...
Copy that boss.
Loud and clear.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 5:32 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 12:47 pm
A lot of fingerpointing in this thread but no names.... I like to think I'm pretty level in my criticism and praise....
I'd like to know from those who've commented if I'm one of these Forumers this threads targeting?
Don't worry, I can cop it.

Really, the only member that comes to my mind on this topic is BlackandGoldForever... I think we're all. Pretty fair here
Ink, I started this thread only to highlight how much negativity is on here, whether we win or lose.

As expected, some posters took my opinion in a positive light while others got their back up and went into defensive mode, or worse, went into attack dog mode. They know who they are, as do you and I.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Mon 28 May, 2018 6:07 pm

I don’t give a rats, we won!

Yes we were horrendous but getting the 2 points feels great.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

stevied

Post by stevied » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:22 pm

2041 wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 2:37 pm
The team is running eighth with a 7-5 record and no realistic claim to having been especially lucky or unlucky: there have been four close wins (less than a converted try), three close defeats, three comfortable wins and two comfortable defeats. On this basis I think it's perfectly possible to see good and bad things.

Personally, I'm absolutely delighted at how they're going relative to what I expected at the start of the season. But at the same time I still think the squad is pretty light on game-breaking talent - it's largely getting by on good coaching, work rate and the Brooksnaissance.

I think there is a major difference between moaning because we don't win every week and being happy at the overall performance while acknowledging that the talent level of the squad is probably not a realistic premiership threat.
This is a very sensible summary. Completely agree that we have probably exceeded expectations given our limited roster. I also agree that the two main reasons for this are the change in culture/ attitude and the improvement in the play of our halves, particularly Brooks.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Tue 29 May, 2018 12:01 am

Donald Trump wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 6:07 pm

Ivan is making the Tigers great again!

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Tue 29 May, 2018 12:06 am

It seems we are very competitive if the game is played at our pace.

If we get rushed up on in attack and quick PTB's coming at us in defence, we seem to struggle to get into the game - we hang in there, but we struggle.

I reckon we are the best of teams 8-16 (despite our ladder position today :P).

Just happy we're not getting flogged every game like last year.

If we're in it until the end, I'm usually pretty happy.

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Tue 29 May, 2018 12:14 am

Have things really changed?

Watching us play still gives you a heart attack LOL

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 29 May, 2018 12:33 am

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 9:01 am
It used to be a pretty negative forum when the Wests Tigers lost.

How things change.

There’s more negativity now after we win.
I think the term “perennial losers” is apt for this forum.

So many whingers about our own players, too.
This against a team that, nearing the halfway mark of the season, is in the top eight. This against a team with the second best defense in the comp.

When I think back to the preseason and so many people putting down our squad because they thought Cleary had bought too many plodders or nufties - I would think those people would be ecstatic with our performances to date.

Guess there’s just no pleasing some people.

Nuff said
Hope our win v the Roosters is even uglier than our win v the Dogs :lol:

Most would have to admit we have overachieved above our wildest dreams

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Tue 29 May, 2018 12:39 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 9:16 am
Nelson wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 9:07 am
True, it's annoying but if that's how people wanna be there's not much can be done about it...Maybe when we lift the premiership later this year they'll cheer up.
No I can just hear it now:
- Lolohere looked lazy when he lifted the trophy
- Marshall showed no leadership during the lap of honour
- Eisenhuth looked like a plodder during the team photo
Etc etc etc
Gold
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 29 May, 2018 7:20 am

Even when we were down on the scoreboard and the ref kept giving the Dogs penalties and we were looking clunky . I knew we were going to win that game.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

yeti

Post by yeti » Tue 29 May, 2018 8:27 am

Donald Trump wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 6:07 pm

X2

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 29 May, 2018 8:37 am

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 9:01 am
It used to be a pretty negative forum when the Wests Tigers lost.

How things change.

There’s more negativity now after we win.
I think the term “perennial losers” is apt for this forum.

So many whingers about our own players, too.
This against a team that, nearing the halfway mark of the season, is in the top eight. This against a team with the second best defense in the comp.

When I think back to the preseason and so many people putting down our squad because they thought Cleary had bought too many plodders or nufties - I would think those people would be ecstatic with our performances to date.

Guess there’s just no pleasing some people.

Nuff said
Well cq,I like your post,the worst thing about the forum is that when people give an opinion and others dont like that opinion then they have to be sarcastic toward the poster because it didnt suit their own opinion...I for one said in a thread in preseason that this year has to be Brooks breakout year,he has to produce to his hype...he has...people kept telling me he is not as good as the hype,we have him because nobody else wanted him etc etc..did they realise that he was restricted in what he was doing because of the show pony playing next to him (moses)...Benji playing next to him has improved his play dramatically as well as great coaching,I even think if Reynolds had not been injured then he would have been even better for Brooks as Benji sometimes restricts Brooks in his game control..As far as the rest of the team goes,they have played well above what people thought they would .

Yes we have some in the squad many would consider below NRL standard,but they really should be applauded for their genuine efforts over this season as they have been a real 80 min team.To be where we are so far this year is a magnificent coaching and playing effort in my opinion and Iam proud as of this squad...there is much still to do,however the culture,attitude and the positives coming from our club is the best it has been for many,many years and people should be happy for where we are..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 29 May, 2018 9:12 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 29 May, 2018 7:20 am
Even when we were down on the scoreboard and the ref kept giving the Dogs penalties and we were looking clunky . I knew we were going to win that game.
I felt the same, was just waiting for it to happen.
A lot of the criticism of the team's performance comes from the silly mistakes we ALWAYS seem to make at crucial moments.
Realistically we are just a couple of good players short of creating the team who will take us to being a more consistent outfit.
Marsters can't stay in the centres forever, he's starting to get shown up, and should head into the back row if we can get someone decent in the centres.
I think he'll kill it in the second row now ... if we get Mbye then maybe it's worth trying Tui in the centres.