Interesting Referee Stats

Wests Tigers Discussion
Swordy

Interesting Referee Stats

Post by Swordy » Mon 28 May, 2018 10:23 am

Just found this googling. Apologies if anyone else has seen or posted previously.

I can't comment on it's accuracy or otherwise, just found it.......

https://afltables.com/rl/misc/Henry_Perenara.html
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

zowieben

Post by zowieben » Mon 28 May, 2018 2:14 pm

Watched the last 60 minutes on TV, thought it was appalling refereeing. Hardly penalised Bulldogs for off-side, we copped 5 or 6, some very marginal. Their holding down seemed to go unpunished whilst we got pinned. And when we made the break near the end (when Marsters missed the penalty), why on earth wasn't it a sin-bin for professional foul? No advantage to us getting a penalty when we probably would of scored a try.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Mon 28 May, 2018 2:30 pm

Yep, it was an interesting refereeing spectacle.

matchball

Post by matchball » Mon 28 May, 2018 2:46 pm

Too many refs on the field. Only need one and the booth.
Give the touchies some more input.
I hate the 2 ref system. I even seen the 2nd ref like wtf and not understanding what the other ref was blowing it for.

Its killing the games flow.

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Mon 28 May, 2018 2:59 pm

Looks to me like the 2 x ref ''éxperiment'' is failing. I'd rather go back to the 1 ref and 2 x touchies. That way 1 person is responsible and has the help of video ref when needed. The 2nd one on the field is only diluting an already weak roster of qualified officials.

This surely cant go on. How long before a club takes the NRL and refs to court citing unfair treatment causing loss of competition points and income from lost opportunties? Video evidence would be easy to come by, particularly for some of the one-sided refereeing displays.

Edit- imagine, in a court of law, a referee justifying why they blew a penalty for x and not awarding a penalty for y, when it is exactly the same thing. Then imagine the referee's boss and then the NRL boss having to back them with commonsense reasoning or face a potential court judgement for the plaintiff against the NRL, the referee's and individual referee for negligence or denial of natural fairness / justice.

Tarl

Post by Tarl » Mon 28 May, 2018 3:14 pm

Is there a way to bring attention to this? Not meaning to be One-eyed but Wests (along with some other supposed 'bottom' teams) always seem to get the raw deal.

Do we start a petition? Send emails? I'm sure if the NRL recognise the punters are aware of the favouritism they may just do something, or at least it may subconsciously keep the refs honest...

marzie

Post by marzie » Mon 28 May, 2018 4:17 pm

Now that we have the bunker one ref should be plenty

Having two sucks when one calls play on and the other one overrules them with the wrong call

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 5:46 pm

When I watch the Tigers play nearly every time the ref penalises us I think “what the hell was that for?” After the TV replay I still think that the penalty was a bit harsh and the other mob are getting away with worse.

Yet when I watch games between two other teams the penalty has to be an absolute howler for me to raise any kind of concern.

I think they call it a passionate bias.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Mon 28 May, 2018 5:53 pm

Perenara was atrocious - even Johns was commenting nearly at the end of the match how our team got pinged for being inside the 10 when we are hardly inside it. It's as if he was insinuating that the ref was looking to penalise us whenever he can. I'm not sure if anyone heard Johns' comments.
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 28 May, 2018 6:07 pm

Having two refs just multiplies the errors. That referring display on weekend had me shaking my head.....they miss two metre forward pass that puts man in gap and penalise is for a legs tackle....both the penalties that they got 2pts for were marginal calls

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 28 May, 2018 6:21 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 5:46 pm
When I watch the Tigers play nearly every time the ref penalises us I think “what the hell was that for?” After the TV replay I still think that the penalty was a bit harsh and the other mob are getting away with worse.

Yet when I watch games between two other teams the penalty has to be an absolute howler for me to raise any kind of concern.

Mate I’m the same. I ask my friends - is it me or are the refs against us?? I really don’t know. But it does seem that every week our opposition get the run of the green refs wise. BUT LAST WEEK IT WAS BALL CONTROL - not refs
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:16 pm

4jtigers wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 5:53 pm
Perenara was atrocious - even Johns was commenting nearly at the end of the match how our team got pinged for being inside the 10 when we are hardly inside it. It's as if he was insinuating that the ref was looking to penalise us whenever he can. I'm not sure if anyone heard Johns' comments.
Heard this too

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 28 May, 2018 7:48 pm

Henry Perenara is suss. I have massive questions marks on his integrity
Its an opinion!

69-05-41

Post by 69-05-41 » Mon 28 May, 2018 8:57 pm

Refs were struggling to measure 10 metres in the second half they were standing 12 metres back when we were defending. Thought the ground markings might help, but apparently not.
"It is what it is" - Sharon, 2017

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Mon 28 May, 2018 11:53 pm

prattenparkchild wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 2:59 pm
Looks to me like the 2 x ref ''éxperiment'' is failing. I'd rather go back to the 1 ref and 2 x touchies. That way 1 person is responsible and has the help of video ref when needed. The 2nd one on the field is only diluting an already weak roster of qualified officials.

This surely cant go on. How long before a club takes the NRL and refs to court citing unfair treatment causing loss of competition points and income from lost opportunties? Video evidence would be easy to come by, particularly for some of the one-sided refereeing displays.

Edit- imagine, in a court of law, a referee justifying why they blew a penalty for x and not awarding a penalty for y, when it is exactly the same thing. Then imagine the referee's boss and then the NRL boss having to back them with commonsense reasoning or face a potential court judgement for the plaintiff against the NRL, the referee's and individual referee for negligence or denial of natural fairness / justice.
Referees have immunity under the law for bad calls.

You'd never have anyone putting their hand up to be a referee.

The only thing that might stand is if there is gross negligence resulting in physical injury or match-fixing of course.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 29 May, 2018 7:31 am

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 5:46 pm

Your post could be the only ray of reason in this entire thread,
We only see what we want to see.
If every fan over a full round was surveyed,after the game, almost all would say very similar things about Refs.
Even the ones who came out on the right side of penalties would think that they were dudded in some way.
Everyone is biased towards their own side .and every loser mostly thinks that the refs cost their team the game or at least that they didn’t get a fair go.
No one wants to believe that one of the main reasons that a team might be getting a harder go than their opponants, may be simply that they are pushing the Refs limits a lot more than the opposing team is.
Refs are human and the easiest target to blame for any losing team.
They’re wrong quite often, but when you take the number of decisions that they make in an NRl game, most of them do pretty well..
Some teams are just plain dumb. And never learn(and we’ve had a few of them)
But no matter how bad we play and we make mistakes, you can always read post after post on how bad the refs are and how we were robbed,
And you can bet that there are seven clubs every week whose supporters are saying the same thing.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 29 May, 2018 7:38 am

Yep i can see Penalty Broncos fans blowing up every week...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

yeti

Post by yeti » Tue 29 May, 2018 9:04 am

Interesting looking at the figures contained in Swordy's OP that Canterbury are way 'overs' in receiving penalties under Perenara and the Tigers are way 'unders'. So at least he was consistent this past game!
Saints fans must love him.