Home Crowd Sizes

Wests Tigers Discussion
User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Re: Home Crowd Sizes

Post by Tacky » Wed 30 May, 2018 10:19 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:03 pm
Tacky wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 7:57 pm
Lol at the CSS crowd. Really not encouraging the club to move more games out there ay. So much is said about local grounds being important to the game but, they really don't show it.
11,000 on a Friday night against Brisbane's pretty good. Most Sydney clubs would struggle to get over 10,000 on a weeknight with no visiting fans. Packing them into a smaller ground makes a better game of it.

Campbelltown had a great atmosphere that night. 11,000 felt more like a full house and it was seriously hostile for the visiting Broncos. The crowd's right up to the sideline at Cambo, so the visitors cop it.
Fair enough. But I'm expecting a big one for the Raiders then.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29179
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Thu 31 May, 2018 3:04 am

Tacky wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:19 pm
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:03 pm
Tacky wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 7:57 pm
Lol at the CSS crowd. Really not encouraging the club to move more games out there ay. So much is said about local grounds being important to the game but, they really don't show it.
11,000 on a Friday night against Brisbane's pretty good. Most Sydney clubs would struggle to get over 10,000 on a weeknight with no visiting fans. Packing them into a smaller ground makes a better game of it.

Campbelltown had a great atmosphere that night. 11,000 felt more like a full house and it was seriously hostile for the visiting Broncos. The crowd's right up to the sideline at Cambo, so the visitors cop it.
Fair enough. But I'm expecting a big one for the Raiders then.
Will you be there...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1015
Joined: Wed 29 Feb, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by jctiger » Thu 31 May, 2018 4:44 am

Tacky wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:19 pm
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:03 pm
Tacky wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 7:57 pm
Lol at the CSS crowd. Really not encouraging the club to move more games out there ay. So much is said about local grounds being important to the game but, they really don't show it.
11,000 on a Friday night against Brisbane's pretty good. Most Sydney clubs would struggle to get over 10,000 on a weeknight with no visiting fans. Packing them into a smaller ground makes a better game of it.

Campbelltown had a great atmosphere that night. 11,000 felt more like a full house and it was seriously hostile for the visiting Broncos. The crowd's right up to the sideline at Cambo, so the visitors cop it.
Fair enough. But I'm expecting a big one for the Raiders then.
Hoping for a big crowd as well but Raiders fans have never travelled in the past so can’t see them travelling now.
See you there tacky.....

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Thu 31 May, 2018 5:22 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 3:04 am
Tacky wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:19 pm
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:03 pm
Tacky wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 7:57 pm
Lol at the CSS crowd. Really not encouraging the club to move more games out there ay. So much is said about local grounds being important to the game but, they really don't show it.
11,000 on a Friday night against Brisbane's pretty good. Most Sydney clubs would struggle to get over 10,000 on a weeknight with no visiting fans. Packing them into a smaller ground makes a better game of it.

Campbelltown had a great atmosphere that night. 11,000 felt more like a full house and it was seriously hostile for the visiting Broncos. The crowd's right up to the sideline at Cambo, so the visitors cop it.
Fair enough. But I'm expecting a big one for the Raiders then.
Will you be there...?
Its about 3 hrs from where I live so not likely.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

westy81
Member
Member
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue 21 Jun, 2011 1:29 am

Post by westy81 » Thu 31 May, 2018 6:40 pm

joelw2002 wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 8:08 pm
It felt like there was way more than 11k at Campbelltown in round 3. I thought there was at least 18k there.
I think Campbelltown “safely” holds 14k
But it “could” hold 18k maybe but I’m no expert I’ve been to 90% of Campbelltown games and I’ve never seen it go past 12k from memory

But I could be wrong
GO THE TIGERS !!!!


User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1892
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 31 May, 2018 6:48 pm

westy81 wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 6:40 pm
joelw2002 wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 8:08 pm
It felt like there was way more than 11k at Campbelltown in round 3. I thought there was at least 18k there.
I think Campbelltown “safely” holds 14k
But it “could” hold 18k maybe but I’m no expert I’ve been to 90% of Campbelltown games and I’ve never seen it go past 12k from memory

But I could be wrong
We got some big crowds close to capacity in 04 and 05 can’t remember the size but think they were pushing 20000

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1892
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 31 May, 2018 6:57 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 6:48 pm
westy81 wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 6:40 pm
joelw2002 wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 8:08 pm
It felt like there was way more than 11k at Campbelltown in round 3. I thought there was at least 18k there.
I think Campbelltown “safely” holds 14k
But it “could” hold 18k maybe but I’m no expert I’ve been to 90% of Campbelltown games and I’ve never seen it go past 12k from memory

But I could be wrong
We got some big crowds close to capacity in 04 and 05 can’t remember the size but think they were pushing 20000
This page has crowd records for Campbelltown
https://afltables.com/rl/crowds/campbelltown_vn.html

The 4th game on that list we got pumped by the roosters by 50 after beating the warriors by 50 the week before.

Anyhow back on topic - we need a nice new rectangular stadium in Sydney to play most of our games out of. I’d go 8 games minimum at the new Parra stadium until the new Homebush is ready. Split the rest based on who we are playing. Small drawing teams at the traditional venues.

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2458
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Thu 31 May, 2018 6:59 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 6:48 pm
westy81 wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 6:40 pm
joelw2002 wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 8:08 pm
It felt like there was way more than 11k at Campbelltown in round 3. I thought there was at least 18k there.
I think Campbelltown “safely” holds 14k
But it “could” hold 18k maybe but I’m no expert I’ve been to 90% of Campbelltown games and I’ve never seen it go past 12k from memory

But I could be wrong
We got some big crowds close to capacity in 04 and 05 can’t remember the size but think they were pushing 20000
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/venu ... sults.html
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

krayola
Member
Member
Posts: 720
Joined: Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:12 am

Post by krayola » Thu 31 May, 2018 7:44 pm

The new stadium is exactly what is needed: quality facilities. An 8-2-2 or 10-1-1 split is perfect. The way we're headed and if Parra ever gets their act together the stadium should pull a good crowd most weeks.

Quite glad we haven't got our own boutique stadium like Manly has. Their crowd tonight is pathetic and even if they're Manly the spirit they play with deserves better support. Even in our leanest years, on awful wet nights LO got at least 7500. Bad for business though.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5093
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Thu 31 May, 2018 8:09 pm

The new stadium will now have a light rail station ...so parking will not be a problem ,park further away and light rail to the door of the stadium,time to think like a big fish .

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Fri 01 Jun, 2018 12:42 am

Snake wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 8:09 pm
The new stadium will now have a light rail station ...so parking will not be a problem ,park further away and light rail to the door of the stadium,time to think like a big fish .
But it might be named parramatta station. That's enough to turn me off....


Playing there is such a no brainer.

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:23 am

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:03 pm
Tacky wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 7:57 pm
Lol at the CSS crowd. Really not encouraging the club to move more games out there ay. So much is said about local grounds being important to the game but, they really don't show it.
11,000 on a Friday night against Brisbane's pretty good. Most Sydney clubs would struggle to get over 10,000 on a weeknight with no visiting fans. Packing them into a smaller ground makes a better game of it.

Campbelltown had a great atmosphere that night. 11,000 felt more like a full house and it was seriously hostile for the visiting Broncos. The crowd's right up to the sideline at Cambo, so the visitors cop it.
Surprised a riot didn't break out considering the end result if that game!

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:29 am

jctiger wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 4:44 am
Tacky wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:19 pm
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:03 pm
Tacky wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 7:57 pm
Lol at the CSS crowd. Really not encouraging the club to move more games out there ay. So much is said about local grounds being important to the game but, they really don't show it.
11,000 on a Friday night against Brisbane's pretty good. Most Sydney clubs would struggle to get over 10,000 on a weeknight with no visiting fans. Packing them into a smaller ground makes a better game of it.

Campbelltown had a great atmosphere that night. 11,000 felt more like a full house and it was seriously hostile for the visiting Broncos. The crowd's right up to the sideline at Cambo, so the visitors cop it.
Fair enough. But I'm expecting a big one for the Raiders then.
Hoping for a big crowd as well but Raiders fans have never travelled in the past so can’t see them travelling now.
See you there tacky.....
Once again we're scheduled to play against an out of town team at Campbelltown. Very hard to get big numbers playing against these sides when their supporters have to arrange to take 2 days off just to attend the game! If they ever in their wisdom they decided to pit us against another Sydney based team at CSS then we might actually see bigger crowds there.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28911
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:42 am

Snake wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 8:09 pm
The new stadium will now have a light rail station ...so parking will not be a problem ,park further away and light rail to the door of the stadium,time to think like a big fish .
Yep
Westmead-Parra-Camelia-Carlo.

But 5 years away until it's up and running

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29179
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:46 am

With the NSW State govt I'd say 10..

Seen George St lately...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:25 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:29 am
jctiger wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 4:44 am
Tacky wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:19 pm
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:03 pm


11,000 on a Friday night against Brisbane's pretty good. Most Sydney clubs would struggle to get over 10,000 on a weeknight with no visiting fans. Packing them into a smaller ground makes a better game of it.

Campbelltown had a great atmosphere that night. 11,000 felt more like a full house and it was seriously hostile for the visiting Broncos. The crowd's right up to the sideline at Cambo, so the visitors cop it.
Fair enough. But I'm expecting a big one for the Raiders then.
Hoping for a big crowd as well but Raiders fans have never travelled in the past so can’t see them travelling now.
See you there tacky.....
Once again we're scheduled to play against an out of town team at Campbelltown. Very hard to get big numbers playing against these sides when their supporters have to arrange to take 2 days off just to attend the game! If they ever in their wisdom they decided to pit us against another Sydney based team at CSS then we might actually see bigger crowds there.
It seems the only time we get good crowds there it has to be,
Against a Sydney team
They need to be in the 8
We need to be in the 8
It has to be Sunday
It has to be sunny.

It's was a suitable ground pre 1988.

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1015
Joined: Wed 29 Feb, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by jctiger » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:33 am

gallagher wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:25 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:29 am
jctiger wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 4:44 am
Tacky wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:19 pm


Fair enough. But I'm expecting a big one for the Raiders then.
Hoping for a big crowd as well but Raiders fans have never travelled in the past so can’t see them travelling now.
See you there tacky.....
Once again we're scheduled to play against an out of town team at Campbelltown. Very hard to get big numbers playing against these sides when their supporters have to arrange to take 2 days off just to attend the game! If they ever in their wisdom they decided to pit us against another Sydney based team at CSS then we might actually see bigger crowds there.
It seems the only time we get good crowds there it has to be,
Against a Sydney team
They need to be in the 8
We need to be in the 8
It has to be Sunday
It has to be sunny.

It's was a suitable ground pre 1988.
What is wrong with the ground ?

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40477
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:52 am

Masterton wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 6:59 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 6:48 pm
westy81 wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 6:40 pm
joelw2002 wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 8:08 pm
It felt like there was way more than 11k at Campbelltown in round 3. I thought there was at least 18k there.
I think Campbelltown “safely” holds 14k
But it “could” hold 18k maybe but I’m no expert I’ve been to 90% of Campbelltown games and I’ve never seen it go past 12k from memory

But I could be wrong
We got some big crowds close to capacity in 04 and 05 can’t remember the size but think they were pushing 20000
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/venu ... sults.html
Yeah thought we cracked 20 k once

Isn't Campbelltown 23 k capacity add or take ??

Any new grounds need to be modelled on Suncorp , if you haven't had the chance to go put it on your bucket list , isn't a bad seat in the house , great place to take your young budding footballers , you can literally see exactly what is going to happen and how what a team is setting up for

My old man reckons even the end to end viewing is brilliant

Post Reply