Home Crowd Sizes

Wests Tigers Discussion
gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: Home Crowd Sizes

Post by gallagher » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:35 am

jctiger wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:33 am
gallagher wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:25 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:29 am
jctiger wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 4:44 am


Hoping for a big crowd as well but Raiders fans have never travelled in the past so can’t see them travelling now.
See you there tacky.....
Once again we're scheduled to play against an out of town team at Campbelltown. Very hard to get big numbers playing against these sides when their supporters have to arrange to take 2 days off just to attend the game! If they ever in their wisdom they decided to pit us against another Sydney based team at CSS then we might actually see bigger crowds there.
It seems the only time we get good crowds there it has to be,
Against a Sydney team
They need to be in the 8
We need to be in the 8
It has to be Sunday
It has to be sunny.

It's was a suitable ground pre 1988.
What is wrong with the ground ?
The only stand is too small with kindergarten size seats.
It only has about 2,000 seats under cover.
Its situated on the ourskirts of Sydney metro.


User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3618
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:51 am

gallagher wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:35 am
jctiger wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:33 am
gallagher wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:25 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:29 am


Once again we're scheduled to play against an out of town team at Campbelltown. Very hard to get big numbers playing against these sides when their supporters have to arrange to take 2 days off just to attend the game! If they ever in their wisdom they decided to pit us against another Sydney based team at CSS then we might actually see bigger crowds there.
It seems the only time we get good crowds there it has to be,
Against a Sydney team
They need to be in the 8
We need to be in the 8
It has to be Sunday
It has to be sunny.

It's was a suitable ground pre 1988.
What is wrong with the ground ?
The only stand is too small with kindergarten size seats.
It only has about 2,000 seats under cover.
Its situated on the ourskirts of Sydney metro.
Which one of the 2 stands is the only stand?

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:54 am

Harvey wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:51 am
gallagher wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:35 am
jctiger wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:33 am
gallagher wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:25 am

It seems the only time we get good crowds there it has to be,
Against a Sydney team
They need to be in the 8
We need to be in the 8
It has to be Sunday
It has to be sunny.

It's was a suitable ground pre 1988.
What is wrong with the ground ?
The only stand is too small with kindergarten size seats.
It only has about 2,000 seats under cover.
Its situated on the ourskirts of Sydney metro.
Which one of the 2 stands is the only stand?
Western.
Concourse and corporate boxes on the eastern side.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29179
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:57 am

You get wet in the stand at Cambo if it rains...lol

I've also been drenched 'under cover at ANZ too..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40477
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:01 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:57 am
You get wet in the stand at Cambo if it rains...lol

I've also been drenched 'under cover at ANZ too..
Yeah , but that's only because of the beers that were thrown at you :lol:


gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:10 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:57 am
You get wet in the stand at Cambo if it rains...lol

I've also been drenched 'under cover at ANZ too..
Well i was asked what is wrong with Cambo. Do you think 2000 under cover seats is adequate?

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28909
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:20 am

jctiger wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:33 am
gallagher wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:25 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:29 am
jctiger wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 4:44 am


Hoping for a big crowd as well but Raiders fans have never travelled in the past so can’t see them travelling now.
See you there tacky.....
Once again we're scheduled to play against an out of town team at Campbelltown. Very hard to get big numbers playing against these sides when their supporters have to arrange to take 2 days off just to attend the game! If they ever in their wisdom they decided to pit us against another Sydney based team at CSS then we might actually see bigger crowds there.
It seems the only time we get good crowds there it has to be,
Against a Sydney team
They need to be in the 8
We need to be in the 8
It has to be Sunday
It has to be sunny.

It's was a suitable ground pre 1988.
What is wrong with the ground ?
Cambo?
Minimal cover for wet weather.
Minimal corporate facilities

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28909
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:22 am

gallagher wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:10 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 10:57 am
You get wet in the stand at Cambo if it rains...lol

I've also been drenched 'under cover at ANZ too..
Well i was asked what is wrong with Cambo. Do you think 2000 under cover seats is adequate?
No.
And I doubt it's 2000....it would be less

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1891
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:46 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:29 am
jctiger wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 4:44 am
Tacky wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:19 pm
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:03 pm


11,000 on a Friday night against Brisbane's pretty good. Most Sydney clubs would struggle to get over 10,000 on a weeknight with no visiting fans. Packing them into a smaller ground makes a better game of it.

Campbelltown had a great atmosphere that night. 11,000 felt more like a full house and it was seriously hostile for the visiting Broncos. The crowd's right up to the sideline at Cambo, so the visitors cop it.
Fair enough. But I'm expecting a big one for the Raiders then.
Hoping for a big crowd as well but Raiders fans have never travelled in the past so can’t see them travelling now.
See you there tacky.....
Once again we're scheduled to play against an out of town team at Campbelltown. Very hard to get big numbers playing against these sides when their supporters have to arrange to take 2 days off just to attend the game! If they ever in their wisdom they decided to pit us against another Sydney based team at CSS then we might actually see bigger crowds there.
This argument always bugs me. We play Manly there this year, played the roosters and Penrith there last year, Cronulla the year before and crowds weren’t much bigger.

I like Campbelltown as a venue and really enjoy watching games there but the fact is none of our traditional venues draw big numbers regardless of who we are playing. Yes we get an occasional near sell out but everything has to fall into place I.e. v Canberra round 26 2016 with a finals place in the line.

The numbers at ANZ show people want to go to modern venues to watch footy. This is despite a lot of people hating ANZ. A modern rectangular venue will grow crowds no matter who we play.

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2457
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:12 pm

So we ended up with a home ground average of 17290. Not too bad.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3967
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 5:43 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 11:46 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 8:29 am
jctiger wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 4:44 am
Tacky wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 10:19 pm


Fair enough. But I'm expecting a big one for the Raiders then.
Hoping for a big crowd as well but Raiders fans have never travelled in the past so can’t see them travelling now.
See you there tacky.....
Once again we're scheduled to play against an out of town team at Campbelltown. Very hard to get big numbers playing against these sides when their supporters have to arrange to take 2 days off just to attend the game! If they ever in their wisdom they decided to pit us against another Sydney based team at CSS then we might actually see bigger crowds there.
This argument always bugs me. We play Manly there this year, played the roosters and Penrith there last year, Cronulla the year before and crowds weren’t much bigger.

I like Campbelltown as a venue and really enjoy watching games there but the fact is none of our traditional venues draw big numbers regardless of who we are playing. Yes we get an occasional near sell out but everything has to fall into place I.e. v Canberra round 26 2016 with a finals place in the line.

The numbers at ANZ show people want to go to modern venues to watch footy. This is despite a lot of people hating ANZ. A modern rectangular venue will grow crowds no matter who we play.
Yet the next couple of games at Leichhardt since have had the house full signs up and we still couldn't win against struggling opposition.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:05 pm

Cambo 9,944
Leichhardt 16,316
ANZ 23,368

C,mon Pascoe show some balls.

Average for all years.

Cambo 12,232
Leichhardt 13,205
ANZ 22,245

User avatar
kafta
Member
Member
Posts: 1812
Joined: Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:07 pm

Post by kafta » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:14 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:05 pm
Cambo 9,944
Leichhardt 16,316
ANZ 23,368

C,mon Pascoe show some balls.

Average for all years.

Cambo 12,232
Leichhardt 13,205
ANZ 22,245
So if we play the Cowboys Thursday night at ANZ we get 20 plus thousand........... SWEET

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5092
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:25 pm

Just watched a segment on the WSS on the news ..well only supporters of the Westigers could demand not to play out of there as our home ground! This stadium will entrench any club that plays out of there in the Sydney basin for decades .
If management do not jump all over this they are a failure in there duty to secure the WestsTigers any future in the Sydney sporting market.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:25 pm

kafta wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:14 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:05 pm
Cambo 9,944
Leichhardt 16,316
ANZ 23,368

C,mon Pascoe show some balls.

Average for all years.

Cambo 12,232
Leichhardt 13,205
ANZ 22,245
So if we play the Cowboys Thursday night at ANZ we get 20 plus thousand........... SWEET
Maybe we could, but one thing is for sure, we CANT get 20k at LO or Cambo for ANY game.
I can see us getting bigger then 20k at WSS though.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10102
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:28 pm

Snake wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:25 pm
Just watched a segment on the WSS on the news ..well only supporters of the Westigers could demand not to play out of there as our home ground! This stadium will entrench any club that plays out of there in the Sydney basin for decades .
If management do not jump all over this they are a failure in there duty to secure the WestsTigers any future in the Sydney sporting market.
It was Intoduced on the news as the
“New Parramatta Stadium “

Go figure !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10102
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:30 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:25 pm
kafta wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:14 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:05 pm
Cambo 9,944
Leichhardt 16,316
ANZ 23,368

C,mon Pascoe show some balls.

Average for all years.

Cambo 12,232
Leichhardt 13,205
ANZ 22,245
So if we play the Cowboys Thursday night at ANZ we get 20 plus thousand........... SWEET
Maybe we could, but one thing is for sure, we CANT get 20k at LO or Cambo for ANY game.
I can see us getting bigger then 20k at WSS though.
Probably ....
Until the hype wares off and we’ve lost six in a row ..?!
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:33 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:30 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:25 pm
kafta wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:14 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 26 Aug, 2018 6:05 pm
Cambo 9,944
Leichhardt 16,316
ANZ 23,368

C,mon Pascoe show some balls.

Average for all years.

Cambo 12,232
Leichhardt 13,205
ANZ 22,245
So if we play the Cowboys Thursday night at ANZ we get 20 plus thousand........... SWEET
Maybe we could, but one thing is for sure, we CANT get 20k at LO or Cambo for ANY game.
I can see us getting bigger then 20k at WSS though.
Probably ....
Until the hype wares off and we’ve lost six in a row ..?!
Who us? Lose 6 in a row? :crazy

We'll just buy the norths hooker to save the day.

Post Reply